• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Pax 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

gonzorelli777

Vape virgin
Following a swift re-appraisal of the situation, I think I am going to take the plunge and get the Pax3. The price difference really isn't that much when I factor in the addons I might buy for the Pax2 that already come with the Pax3.

Lordy. I haven't even got my first vape and I am already feeling the VAS.

gonzorelli777,
Reactions: MonkeyTime

MonkeyTime

Following a swift re-appraisal of the situation, I think I am going to take the plunge and get the Pax3. The price difference really isn't that much when I factor in the addons I might buy for the Pax2 that already come with the Pax3.

Lordy. I haven't even got my first vape and I am already feeling the VAS.
I forgot a necessity if you're taking it out and about.... @Ratchett 's caps to hide the smell!

Mr. Me2

Welcome @gonzorelli777 !

I agree to get extra screens. I'll add and suggest you get a "cake tester". It will help you push out the screen when you need to remove it for cleaning. For that (the cleaning) you should have some ISO on hand.

To help you load, I like using a salt spoon. You can find them on eBay.

What am I forgetting...

gonzorelli777

Vape virgin
Thank you Mr Me2!

This place is great. Grinder thread full of nice people, same thing here! I will add anything you suggest to the list. This is for the Pax3 now of course :)

Mr. Me2

Thank you Mr Me2!

This place is great. Grinder thread full of nice people, same thing here! I will add anything you suggest to the list. This is for the Pax3 now of course :)
You're welcome.

Sounds like you have a grinder under control. There are a couple other things...a case (I use a Vatra case, I think the Domino) and it holds the pax and salt spoon, and adds a poker (to help empty the oven when done - I use the poker from an old proto pipe), and a small Space Case container.

Okay, I've spent enough of your $$$.

gonzorelli777

Vape virgin
Lol...believe me, I am open to all suggestions. I'm going to boldly go where no me has gone before on this one, and I'm going to do it right. I already plan on getting a Space Case large container. I have a lot of new toys on my list. I am pre-empting my mid-30s life crisis here folks! :D

Space Case have just signed up with FC btw, they have a manufacturer account setup, but haven't been brave enough to say hello yet :p

geefonk

Hey guys.

Just been reading some of the posts - loads lol! Had my first use of a Pax 2 today and was very impressed with it. Considering a purchase but thought I'd read up on them first.

Pax 2 or Pax 3 - is it a better option to look at the newer model?

I should mention that my current portable vape of choice is the Flash Vape together with the Volcano for home use - a great machine!

Last edited by a moderator:

gonzorelli777

Vape virgin
Hey guys.

Just been reading some of the posts - loads lol! Had my first use of a Pax 2 today and was very impressed with it. Considering a purchase but thought I'd read up on them first.

Pax 2 or Pax 3 - is it a better option to look at the newer model?
Hey man, I'm so new here that it feels weird to say welcome to FC, but I'm gonna say it anyway..Welcome to FC!

I haven't tried a portable vape, so I spent ages on YouTube watching reviews, and I was set on the Pax2. But looking at the improved features ('Flavour' mode etc), and the fact that they include a half-pack and concentrates oven lid, I am now pretty much set on the Pax3!

I expect that either of them will be great :)

gonzorelli777,
Reactions: geefonk

geefonk

Hey man, I'm so new here that it feels weird to say welcome to FC, but I'm gonna say it anyway..Welcome to FC!

I haven't tried a portable vape, so I spent ages on YouTube watching reviews, and I was set on the Pax2. But looking at the improved features ('Flavour' mode etc), and the fact that they include a half-pack and concentrates oven lid, I am now pretty much set on the Pax3!

I expect that either of them will be great :)

Hey gonzo and thanks.

Been on FC for a while as used this forum when I was looking ages ago - that led me to getting my flash vape. Which is a good instant heat machine but after using the pax 2 today I think I'm ready to change.

From your research, does the Pax 2 or 3 have any issues with over cooking the herb? That is one of my gripes with the Flash Vape as it is a fine line to stop any cooking! I tend to simply use my Volcano but would welcome a smaller, easier to use vape I think!

gonzorelli777

Vape virgin
Hey gonzo and thanks.

Been on FC for a while as used this forum when I was looking ages ago - that led me to getting my flash vape. Which is a good instant heat machine but after using the pax 2 today I think I'm ready to change.

From your research, does the Pax 2 or 3 have any issues with over cooking the herb? That is one of my gripes with the Flash Vape as it is a fine line to stop any cooking! I tend to simply use my Volcano but would welcome a smaller, easier to use vape I think!
Among the many things that have flowed in and out between my ears recently, I do recall that reviews made a point of talking about the herb being cooked between draws. Pax2 was an improvement on Pax1, and Pax3 is now an improvement on Pax2. They have something called Flavour Mode which rapidly cools the chamber after a draw. It seems like it is designed to allow the user to make an oven last longer between draws, maintaining flavour. Sounds great to me. It is one of the features I like over the Pax2 for sure. I hope it is as good as it sounds anyway!

gonzorelli777,

geefonk

Among the many things that have flowed in and out between my ears recently, I do recall that reviews made a point of talking about the herb being cooked between draws. Pax2 was an improvement on Pax1, and Pax3 is now an improvement on Pax2. They have something called Flavour Mode which rapidly cools the chamber after a draw. It seems like it is designed to allow the user to make an oven last longer between draws, maintaining flavour. Sounds great to me. It is one of the features I like over the Pax2 for sure. I hope it is as good as it sounds anyway!

Interesting. I did taste today that it seemed as though there was a taste of herb that was perhaps towards the burnt side of things. But I still got baked !

I'll have a read around and see what else I can find. Not looked at the pax 3 reviews - I guess it's pricier than the 2?

gonzorelli777

Vape virgin
Pax3 is like 50-60 Euro more expensive on average with retailers it seems, but includes the half-pack lid and other things I would probably have purchased for the Pax2, thereby bringing them closer together in price. Factor in the faster heat-up, actually useful phone app, and other new features...Pax3 convinced me! I haven't bought it yet though, so who knows what whimsical vape-related decisions I could make before the end of the month. I've gone from no interest in vaping to child-like anticipation haha!

ETA - I have to say though, I like the brushed effect of the Pax2 over the glossy and probably very-scratchable new finish on the Pax3. If they could do a Pax3 with the Pax2 finish, I'd be in heaven I suspect!

gonzorelli777,

geefonk

I was about to order the Pax 2 and quit out at the last page of the checkout process. Just got an email from Nemaste email me offering me 10% discount, if I buy in the next 48hrs

May be worth a try :tup:

Mr. Me2

Reach out to Puff it Up too. Best prices and best service. I'm pretty sure they ship internationally but you'll have to do the math to see if it's worth it.

Pax2 (and 3) is a conduction Vape, so your load continues to cook after you turn it on. That's why conduction vapes are called "session" vapes. You basically need to finish what you started. That's why many only fill the oven halfway and use a spacer.

In the pax 2 (which I have), there is a drop off in flavor as you work through the load. But no charring or combustion. Having said that, I generally start at temp 2 and finish at 3.

I'm told pax 3 (which I don't have) is closer to mimicking a convection Vape with its faster heat up time and smart paths. But it's still a conduction vape.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any more info. Between the 2 vapes, I think it really comes down to budget.

geefonk

Thanks @Mr. Me2

For me Pax 2 with the spacer will do me. I did notice the change in taste after a few vapes yesterday. However, that's to be expected and we were running it at full temp.

Don't get me wrong, the Pax 3 looks ace but can't justify the extra coin!

Just worried it will make my Volcano redundant!

Is there much cleaning needed with Pax2?

geefonk,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

Mr. Me2

Cleaning isn't that big a deal with the pax2. I recommend getting extra screens and a "cake tester" to help remove the screen. Pipe cleaners and ISO (and some paper towels) is all you'll really need.

Maintenance is pretty easy with this vape and not needed too frequently. But that will depend on how hard you use it.

geefonk

A cake tester - what is that?

Do you get pipe cleaners and ISO with the pack, do you know?

Will just be occasional use, mostly weekends so all good re the cleaning, going by what you are saying.

Almost bought it last night but have decided to sit on it for a few days to determine whether to really need to get it.....although I probably will lol

Mr. Me2

A cake tester is a pointy metal thing. Very inexpensive but will make your life easier. You can find them on Amazon.

There may be some pipe cleaners, you'll need more eventually. You can get ISO (isopropyl alcohol) at your local drug store. Try to get 99%.

geefonk

Thanks.

Had a look at Puff It Up too. Prices are very reasonable especially with the discount they offer. Have sent them an email to get an idea of international shipping costs and timescales.

Do you happen to know if there Pax's come with the 10 year warranty?

I hope you don't mind all the questions!?

geefonk,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Thanks.

Had a look at Puff It Up too. Prices are very reasonable especially with the discount they offer. Have sent them an email to get an idea of international shipping costs and timescales.

The ten-year is a manufacturer warranty.

Mr. Me2

Thanks.

Puffitup offers an extra discount for fc'ers. I forget the code, but maybe someone else here can help. Not sure it will apply to pax, but it doesn't hurt to ask!

And I see you got the answer on warranty. I've never had to make a claim on mine. And @Ojan_at_PAX is here all the time and unbelievably helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom