Discontinued Pax 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Isn't 'candle' the word for that? ;)
I'm slow...but not THAT slow...but it does use a candle...lol

full_size.jpg

And take the cotton out and use the oil from one of these...
AirWick_Glade_Refill.JPG

Kills the odor of anything FAST!

Bandoo

There is some amount of 'slop' in the oven lid, mostly so it can rock back and forth when you push as if you were opening. The play is so that it can pivot and open.
I agree that the NewVape adjustable pusher is a vg addition to the Pax2 and can really make smaller loads work well. You can achieve similar with a folded pipe screen (think 'taco') atop a small load. The idea is to keep the load tamped down for better conduction. I haven't seen a need, myself, for the other NewVApe items though folks do use them. If on a budget and want to try, start with just the pusher.
Hey, it's a cute little titanium thingy!
Happy Pax'ing!
Was just thinking about that. I think ' the slop ' in the oven lid is a carefully thought out and designed feature that magnetically holds the oven lid a micro-millimeter off the rim, which increases the amount of air flow coming through when you draw on the mouthpiece. Nice.
Also, I was using the rolled screen and bought the pusher etc etc.
I happened to read somewhere in an Ojan post that he didn't use any pusher or screen. Just half or so filled after tamping down, and a little tamping between sessions.
I just got a replacement P2 and so I thought I would try it that way, eau' natural.
Works much better! Lot less hassle.
So you don't have to take the screen or pusher out when you need to it tamp down a little more as it dries out and shrinks. The new oven design makes this easy.
Heck if Pax's rep is happy without I should try it. Losing and messing with the screen or pusher is a bit of a pain. Free at last.
ymmv.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Was just thinking about that. I think ' the slop ' in the oven lid is a carefully thought out and designed feature that magnetically holds the oven lid a micro-millimeter off the rim, which increases the amount of air flow coming through when you draw on the mouthpiece. Nice.
Also, I was using the rolled screen and bought the pusher etc etc.
I happened to read somewhere in an Ojan post that he didn't use any pusher or screen. Just half or so filled after tamping down, and a little tamping between sessions.
I just got a replacement P2 and so I thought I would try it that way, eau' natural.
Works much better! Lot less hassle.
So you don't have to take the screen or pusher out when you need to it tamp down a little more as it dries out and shrinks. The new oven design makes this easy.
Heck if Pax's rep is happy without I should try it. Losing and messing with the screen or pusher is a bit of a pain. Free at last.
ymmv.
I regard @Ojan_at_PAX 's opinion and your experience highly and can confirm that the vape works very well either way.
At the same time I respectfully recognize that he will have unavoidable bias toward saying the Pax2 works great as designed and supplied by the manufacturer (nothing personal, mind you!), and that there's nothing extra necessary to buy or mod. idk and I'm not concerned about other after-market products he may advocate. Maybe Ojan doesn't use his upside down with a SonG and water tool?

My experience is that a small load extracts better and more evenly if tamped down snug. You can do that without an aid, but it will not always stay where you put it depending on product, grind, movement, whatever. A screen or pusher (I felt free'd from using a screen when I got the pusher!) does hold it down, and further, I believe the pusher distributes heat across the top of the load, yielding more even abv without any stir or mid-bowl fidgeting.
The main reason I do a small bowl is that I feel the flavor downgrades over time, so I prefer to do a couple/few short ones to one full bowl. I think a full, tight bowl can further restrict the already tight Pax2 draw.
But depending on situation I'll also load 'er right up! Engage Party Mode!

I believe one thing we can agree on is that we like the Pax2! Thing works, and is also beautiful in design and aesthetic.

Bandoo

Yes its a very fine vape.
Personally I never fill up the oven either.
I think it works better with around a half to three quarters full oven.
I tamp down (just firm not forced) enough to compress it to a little more than half full
I always used the screen with my P1 And 2 till just a few days ago.
I also thought he might say that as a matter of company policy when I read it a few weeks ago, while awaiting my P2 replacement and using my P1.
Anyway I thought I would try it out and he was right on.
Any extra parts get lost and I don't think help it work. I also had the bottom to the pusher. Used it till it clogged then stopped.
Notice that the oven cover inside is no longer metal.
These guys worked out the best way to use their product. And since it was so good you dont really need many mods.
I can load it up then take a few hits, turn it off while still drawing to cool the weed then can do that several times over half a day and its fine. Once or twice taking a look and tamping it again. Much easier than with the screen thing. The screen didn't help with the side to side shrinkage anyway so you had to pull out the screen stir it up anyway.
It would be nice if there were some interesting modded extended mouthpieces like on the P1 even if you had to turn it on and off with your finger when you dont need the great flat stealth one. The old P1 mouthpiece is a good design. Not the switch part but the 'mouth feel' was good on it.
Pax's problem may be having an extended mouthpiece where the vapor comes out close to the middle relative to the p1 and being able to switch it on and off with the mouthpiece. Woy..
Someone could actually take the not flat mouthpiece, remove the metal cylinder and take a leather hole punch and open it up. Plug up the two small side holes and it works good. Vapor out the middle. :brow:
Finger pressing the switch of course.
Pipe dreams..
Anyway there is nothing perfect.
Except that really everything IS perfect.
But that's another story...:)
ymmv.

Ojan_at_PAX

Social Media Manager @ PAX
Company Rep
I regard @Ojan_at_PAX 's opinion and your experience highly and can confirm that the vape works very well either way.
At the same time I respectfully recognize that he will have unavoidable bias toward saying the Pax2 works great as designed and supplied by the manufacturer (nothing personal, mind you!), and that there's nothing extra necessary to buy or mod. idk and I'm not concerned about other after-market products he may advocate. Maybe Ojan doesn't use his upside down with a SonG and water tool?

My experience is that a small load extracts better and more evenly if tamped down snug. You can do that without an aid, but it will not always stay where you put it depending on product, grind, movement, whatever. A screen or pusher (I felt free'd from using a screen when I got the pusher!) does hold it down, and further, I believe the pusher distributes heat across the top of the load, yielding more even abv without any stir or mid-bowl fidgeting.
The main reason I do a small bowl is that I feel the flavor downgrades over time, so I prefer to do a couple/few short ones to one full bowl. I think a full, tight bowl can further restrict the already tight Pax2 draw.
But depending on situation I'll also load 'er right up! Engage Party Mode!

I believe one thing we can agree on is that we like the Pax2! Thing works, and is also beautiful in design and aesthetic.

I'm as vanilla as it gets! I've tried PAX and PAX 2 every which way but consistently go back to just using all stock parts. PAX is my portable option so I don't care for attachments. I had a PAX before joining the team, upgrading from an MFLB which I loved.

Believe it or not, I'm not required to be bias - I just weigh effort (I'm pretty lazy) vs. reward and, for something like a pusher, find that packing the oven very tightly regardless of the amount gets me the same results. Maybe I'm not using it right? It's awesome that so many others see improvements, though. I'm all for personalizing the experience to fit your needs as long as no one voids their warranty :)

mrtnluther

Berlin School
Hello all. I just joined FC after buying my Pax 2. I am a Medical user in CT and would like to try vaping my meds. I must admit that the Pax 2 is a neat little unit...I am tempted by all the add ons and goodies from New Vape but this thing costs alot out of the box!! I have enjoyed reading this forum and have read the entire Pax 2 discussion several times. I did have one question about drynesss of material...my meds are a bit sticky after grinding..should i let them dry out a bit to get better results from the Pax? Thanks!!

mrtnluther,

Ojan_at_PAX

Social Media Manager @ PAX
Company Rep
Hello all. I just joined FC after buying my Pax 2. I am a Medical user in CT and would like to try vaping my meds. I must admit that the Pax 2 is a neat little unit...I am tempted by all the add ons and goodies from New Vape but this thing costs alot out of the box!! I have enjoyed reading this forum and have read the entire Pax 2 discussion several times. I did have one question about drynesss of material...my meds are a bit sticky after grinding..should i let them dry out a bit to get better results from the Pax? Thanks!!

Welcome! Moist material is preferred :) I'm honestly puzzled when others recommend drying it out but would love to hear the community's thoughts on that.

PAX work best with stuff like pipe tobacco, which has added humectants to make it more moist. The drier it gets, the more your vapor will be negatively affected. Stuff like cigarette rolling tobacco is bone dry and yields a pretty awful experience. Just using these 2 as examples. You'll want to start on a lower temperature (1st or 2nd) when your material is nice and moist. It's basically steam that you're inhaling so start low and work your way up!

Bandoo

Moist is definitely best.. Herb should be pliable.
Too dry and crumbly makes much less vapor less taste and the load will not pack right.
Also I vote using it native.

Bandoo,

Bart3

I have the pusher and screen from newvape also, It's great. Will try the lid also. Thanks for the advice!

I think your right about the slop, and permitting airflow seems to be designed that way. Will try you tip for filling less, and not use the pusher. That thing gets hot as hell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bart3,
Reactions: Bandoo

Bandoo

I wouldn't say moist or dry. I say the properly terminology should be, "properly cured material.''
I was going to say that but it would have gone over the heads of most..
Then would have had to have a discussion about proper curing etc.
I guess though you could let them know what you mean..:)

Bandoo,

Bdubbdiblets

Pusher is awesome helps get dense clouds with less material..you could just use a bent pipe screen but this things 300 bux...deserves sumpin quality. The newvape screen is cool cuz u can drop it out easily after each oven and run with ur fingers to clean..once cool of course...learned that the hard way:whip:not sure if it actually helps with draw resistance tho and truthfully after a while I got to appreciate the cigar like draw needed with the Pax 2...the vented lid gets gunked pretty easy as I grind super fine..so honestly don't think its worth it. Just my newvape accessory :2c::peace::horse:

HighSeasSailor

I've had the Pax 2 for a couple months. It's not the first vape I've used, but it is the first I've owned.

I have all the NewVape gadgets because I wanted to tweak the experience, I'm usually finicky about how I like things so I decided I'd try it all.

The pusher does what it's supposed to do, which is make the oven effectively smaller. When used with stock screen and oven lid, it restricts airflow quite a bit though, and presumably that's what the screen and vented lid are for.

Weird thing is, I ended up just going back to all stock. I find the Pax 2 works fantastic for multiple sessions and I vape frequently, so being able to load up an entire afternoon's worth in one simple device is very attractive to me. I tried using the screen and vented lid without the pusher to see if this adjusts airflow to my liking, but without the pusher the screen moves around and the tube gets clogged, and the lid lacks the shelf that the stock lid has so herb gets all over the oven ledge and isn't really held in place. The screen will also fall out every time you dump the oven so you'll have to fish it out of your ashtray - just in general I felt like I had to clean everything every time I used the pusher.

I load the oven with 0.35-0.4 grams of extra fine grind from MFFG, tamped down snug and stirred between every single session. Which leads me to the one accessory I can't live without and which I wish the Pax 2 came with and really hope the Pax 3 comes boxed with: the NewVape loading tool. It's the exact perfect size to load, tamp, stir, sweep the ledge and lid, everything you do in the oven. At $15 it feels overpriced for a tiny aluminum spoon but it's saved me enough frustration to be worth it and I've never seen a suitable generic alternative that looks like it would work half as well.

In summary, buy the spoon. Don't get the lid and screen unless you use the pusher, and I don't think the pusher is necessary unless you only want to vape once or twice a day or less. A third of a gram is a pretty happy oven size in my opinion, perfect for two people to share a session or two or one person to be set for a while. I love how I can load up and start a netflix binge with my wife or a gaming session, and when it's time to refresh just stir the oven, click a button, and it's good to go without screwing around with reloading. If you do vape less frequently though, the pusher is probably just what you need, and you'll also want the screen at the least and probably the lid too.

PS - On the remote chance that someone with influence reads this, if the Pax 3 comes with a loading tool, charging dock, a slim hard carrying case that holds these three things (and maybe a spare screen and mouthpiece), and nothing else, I will be a happy camper. That would be the complete kit made to go together, all in one sweet package.

Bdubbdiblets

I think its funny how this place compels me to defend my opinion as if it matters..;)

That being said totally dig and respect what sailor said above however I think it's important to note that as a very heavy user the idea behind the pusher for me is being able to pack less and still maintain a decent flavor..with a full load if you turn the pax off and come back to it later..even if you have only taken a few hits it will taste quite cruddy..conduction vape it's hard to avoid. If flavor does not matter to you then yea load the oven and turn it on and off all day long if you please. I want to taste the ganja deliciousness every hit if possible. That is one of the advantages to vaping imo..

It is a little more work but well worth it if you want flavor.:peace::tup:

I think one thing I've learned since fucking combustion is every vape has its nuances and every user has their best practices!! No wrong way as long as we're all gettin vaped!! Happy Friday FC'ers!!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I think its funny how this place compels me to defend my opinion as if it matters..;)

That being said totally dig and respect what sailor said above however I think it's important to note that as a very heavy user the idea behind the pusher for me is being able to pack less and still maintain a decent flavor..with a full load if you turn the pax off and come back to it later..even if you have only taken a few hits it will taste quite cruddy..conduction vape it's hard to avoid. If flavor does not matter to you then yea load the oven and turn it on and off all day long if you please. I want to taste the ganja deliciousness every hit if possible. That is one of the advantages to vaping imo..

It is a little more work but well worth it if you want flavor.:peace::tup:

I think one thing I've learned since fucking combustion is every vape has its nuances and every user has their best practices!! No wrong way as long as we're all gettin vaped!! Happy Friday FC'ers!!

In 'defending your opinion' you've also well-stated mine. I may have even written something like this a page or two back ... or was is a month or two back...

And at the same time, we say, welcome @HighSeasSailor ! vape ahoy!

Reggie Watts

I've had the Pax 2 for a couple months. It's not the first vape I've used, but it is the first I've owned.

I have all the NewVape gadgets because I wanted to tweak the experience, I'm usually finicky about how I like things so I decided I'd try it all.

The pusher does what it's supposed to do, which is make the oven effectively smaller. When used with stock screen and oven lid, it restricts airflow quite a bit though, and presumably that's what the screen and vented lid are for.

Weird thing is, I ended up just going back to all stock. I find the Pax 2 works fantastic for multiple sessions and I vape frequently, so being able to load up an entire afternoon's worth in one simple device is very attractive to me. I tried using the screen and vented lid without the pusher to see if this adjusts airflow to my liking, but without the pusher the screen moves around and the tube gets clogged, and the lid lacks the shelf that the stock lid has so herb gets all over the oven ledge and isn't really held in place. The screen will also fall out every time you dump the oven so you'll have to fish it out of your ashtray - just in general I felt like I had to clean everything every time I used the pusher.

I load the oven with 0.35-0.4 grams of extra fine grind from MFFG, tamped down snug and stirred between every single session. Which leads me to the one accessory I can't live without and which I wish the Pax 2 came with and really hope the Pax 3 comes boxed with: the NewVape loading tool. It's the exact perfect size to load, tamp, stir, sweep the ledge and lid, everything you do in the oven. At $15 it feels overpriced for a tiny aluminum spoon but it's saved me enough frustration to be worth it and I've never seen a suitable generic alternative that looks like it would work half as well.

In summary, buy the spoon. Don't get the lid and screen unless you use the pusher, and I don't think the pusher is necessary unless you only want to vape once or twice a day or less. A third of a gram is a pretty happy oven size in my opinion, perfect for two people to share a session or two or one person to be set for a while. I love how I can load up and start a netflix binge with my wife or a gaming session, and when it's time to refresh just stir the oven, click a button, and it's good to go without screwing around with reloading. If you do vape less frequently though, the pusher is probably just what you need, and you'll also want the screen at the least and probably the lid too.

PS - On the remote chance that someone with influence reads this, if the Pax 3 comes with a loading tool, charging dock, a slim hard carrying case that holds these three things (and maybe a spare screen and mouthpiece), and nothing else, I will be a happy camper. That would be the complete kit made to go together, all in one sweet package.
Agree about the spoon. It's the only accessory I ever use with the Pax2, and I also use if with my FF2.

Reggie Watts,

mrtnluther

Berlin School
Good morning. I wanted to share my opinions after using the Pax for the first time last night. I packed the oven aboot 3/4 full and tamped it down a bit...on temp 2 with the raised mouthpiece I found the draw was good but the vapor was a bit warm. I think my technique will improve with practice LOL!! The unit works great and I think I will get the plastic caps I saw people talk aboot on here cause the unit is smelly...the meds are very smelly. I do not regret buying this vape and thank all of you for sharing your opinions on this forum. It works great with no add ons...but the pusher and screen from New Vape are on on my radar.

Last edited:

Mr. Me2

Good morning. I wanted to share my opinions after using the Pax for the first time last night. I packed the oven aboot 3/4 full and tamped it down a bit...on temp 2 with the raised mouthpiece I found the draw was good but the vapor was a bit warm. I think my technique will improve with practice LOL!! The unit works great and I think I will get the plastic caps I saw people talk aboot on here cause the unit is smelly...the meds are very smelly. I do not regret buying this vape and thank all of you for sharing your opinions on this forum. It works great with no add ons...but the pusher and screen from New Vape are on on my radar.
Welcome @mrtnluther !

I have the pusher and love it. I've read mixed reviews here about the screen. Personally, I don't think it's necessary. I have purchased extra pax2 screens, and recommend that as backup. And although I don't think @Ojan_at_PAX likes the idea, I also got a "cake tester" to help remove the screen if it ever gets stuck.

Enjoy your new toy!

collegeKid101

Someone over at vaporenta claimed that a Pax 3 is well under way and will be released by September?? Thats pure balogna right?

collegeKid101,

mrtnluther

Berlin School
Hello all! I just recieved my goodies for my Pax 2!! I got two pairs of the black endcaps and a pusher with the vented cover and screen from New Vape. The caps are genius and should be a must have for the Pax. Can anyone tell me what the extra screw that came with the pusher is for? I will report back when I have had time to test out the pusher and vented lid. They look well made and I am happy I got them. I saw someone on another forum use an eyeglasses case to store their Pax and I was like WTF...it works great!!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Hello all! I just recieved my goodies for my Pax 2!! I got two pairs of the black endcaps and a pusher with the vented cover and screen from New Vape. The caps are genius and should be a must have for the Pax. Can anyone tell me what the extra screw that came with the pusher is for? I will report back when I have had time to test out the pusher and vented lid. They look well made and I am happy I got them. I saw someone on another forum use an eyeglasses case to store their Pax and I was like WTF...it works great!!
The pusher is threaded and one screw is it's adjustment mechanism. If there's a second screw, that's a spare, I suppose.
Enjoy!

collegeKid101

Anybody use the newvape "finer grind" grinder? Also, is it supposed to be a finishing grinder or can I put finger torn herbs in it? Also, has anybody tried turning on their p2 while leaving the caps from 3d studios on? Apprently covering just the bottom reduces the smell during warm up but just wanted a second opinion. Thanks people!

toked23

Anybody use the newvape "finer grind" grinder? Also, is it supposed to be a finishing grinder or can I put finger torn herbs in it? Also, has anybody tried turning on their p2 while leaving the caps from 3d studios on? Apprently covering just the bottom reduces the smell during warm up but just wanted a second opinion. Thanks people!

I don't believe finger torn would work very well with the pax2. I use my scs 2piece. I Grind it fairly fine(not overly fine, but a little more than coarse) and have always had good results. I have the caps also and does reduce the smell majorly. I have left the cap on numerous times while on and didn't notice much of a difference except pulling with the bottom still on doesn't work well, bahahaha.

Took this little guy with me to the golf course as usual this weekend but got a little froggy and used it 4-5 pulls instead of my usual 2...... Let's just say I was wreckeddddddd, I really couldn't believe how medicated I was. Blew me away. Don't usually get that medicated and DID NOT help my score, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom