• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Patents: helpful or harmful?

rufus

i sincerely hope i'm not about to stir shit up here, but i don't know where else to discuss this and since it just came up, i'd like to hear feedback from others.

when someone has a vision for a device and they work towards making it a reality, it doesn't sound easy to make it happen. once you go to great links consulting engineers and working out the design details and sources for materials, you still have this awful capitalistic concept of people holding all of humanity back in the name of personal gain in their short lifetime. it's so unfortunate that lawyers have crippled our technological advancement in this manner. it sounds very discouraging knowing that you could have a great idea and execute it perfectly, only to have someone jump out of the bushes and call foul, demand compensation or tell you to shelf it, it can't see the light of day.

these laws that were put in place to encourage science by protecting ideas have now become our worst enemy, allowing the justice system to become a tool of abuse for whichever corporation has the deepest pockets. the idea that great inventions and innovations are kept from mankind, simply due to entitlement and greed, is deeply troubling. i realize we are still transitioning from a misinformed hostile world to a post scarcity world, so there is still an outdated paradigm of thought that rationalizes and justifies these concepts. i just hope someday in the future people are encouraged instead of discouraged when it comes to being creative and improving our world through technology.

who knows....maybe the world will stay hostile and misinformed for a long, long time.

mod note: This is the correct place. Please keep references to the Pharamacor/Vaporblunt situation out of this discussion. We do not know details, nor do we want to provide a forum for them to debate the issue.

rufus,
Reactions: b0
Top Bottom