Party Vape on a budget?

Panzerkampf

Hello everyone, I'm in University right now(UWO for my Canadian brahs). While my launch box is fantastic, it's not that great of a vape for 4+ people. Since I'm in a dorm room, and moving into a house next year, I'm looking for a party vape that can get 5+ people LIFTED on a $300 budget.

I've done lots of research, and it seems that HerbalAire, Da Buddha, Silver Surfer, Extreme Q are all good choices but from there I've had trouble narrowing it down, and I would really appreciate some input or thoughts on some of these vapourizers.

Bonus Points for easy cleaning and effieciency!

Thank you all very much for your future responses and I hope y'all have happy vaping times ahead!

Panzerkampf,

stinkmeaner

I think you narrowed them down pretty well since all of the above mentioned vaporizers have literally tons of fans. I would just look through the threads and pick one that suits you.

If I had to pick a whip vape in your price range, I would probably lean towards the Silver Surfer instead of DA Buddha if you can find a good deal on ebay or one of the FC Sponsor links, some offer 10-15% discount.

As for bag vape in that range, I personally chose the Herbal Aire over the Extreme just because I didn't like the way the Extreme had an air flow through PC Fans and PCB's, but the Extremes do function great and have lots of fans so I will not say it is a bad vape. People also say the Herbal Aire is the most efficient bag vape.

Another that you can get that is just slightly over your budget if you apply a discount would be the Zephyr Ion, people seem to love it and they seem quick to fix any problems if they arise.

stinkmeaner,

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist
You could also look into the Zephyr Ion. I personally have not used this unit but many here have and seem to really like it. If you use a coupon code like Stink said, you could definitely get the unit for under $300.

AgentofChaos,

Panzerkampf

Thanks for the quick replies guys, I really appreciate it

I've been on Ebay and this guy(99% positive feedbcak) has the Extreme Q and Zephyr Ion for sale for Cheap!

All prices include shipping(shipping to Canada much more expensive than U.S)

Extreme Q $195.13
http://cgi.ebay.ca/2010-NEW-ARIZER-...538?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a5f00da2a

Zephyr Ion $271.91
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Brand-New-2010-Z...254?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb22385ee

They all have full warranty and the guy looks legit. What makes the Zephyr much better than everything else on the market? I'm never going to be in a situation where I need to get 10+ people high(I've seen the pictures lol) so Im wondering if the extra $80 is really justified or not.

Thanks again!

Panzerkampf,

lwien

Panzerkampf said:
Thanks for the quick replies guys, I really appreciate it

I've been on Ebay and this guy(99% positive feedbcak) has the Extreme Q and Zephyr Ion for sale for Cheap!

All prices include shipping(shipping to Canada much more expensive than U.S)

Extreme Q $195.13
http://cgi.ebay.ca/2010-NEW-ARIZER-...538?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a5f00da2a

Zephyr Ion $271.91
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Brand-New-2010-Z...254?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb22385ee

They all have full warranty and the guy looks legit. What makes the Zephyr much better than everything else on the market? I'm never going to be in a situation where I need to get 10+ people high(I've seen the pictures lol) so Im wondering if the extra $80 is really justified or not.

Thanks again!

Do NOT buy from them. See here: http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=3905

lwien,

Panzerkampf

Panzerkampf,

2Supra4U

go with rockwise dude....

he's in waterloo so you will get it fast!
Plus hes authorized so no worranty worries.
You could also get 10%off, from them just email for discount for FC members...

that way you can get it for pretty much $260

its my next purchase, after a log vape

2Supra4U,

Panzerkampf

2Supra4U said:
go with rockwise dude....

he's in waterloo so you will get it fast!
Plus hes authorized so no worranty worries.
You could also get 10%off, from them just email for discount for FC members...

that way you can get it for pretty much $260

its my next purchase, after a log vape

sick! I'm in London so I should get it fast then, thanks for the discount tip btw

Panzerkampf,

OO

Technical Skeptical
the herbalaire is cheap, efficent, and has a couple flaws.
mainly that it falls over alot (lightness) and if you use a (big)whip, the main mouthpiece won't stay in.

it's great for bags though.

OO,

nicelytoasted

Vaked Chemist
I've used the herbalaire for almost 3 yrs and have never had a problem with it falling over.

I also enjoy a large, soft, silicone whip over the mouthpiece to improve the flow, and it has never "fallen out".

It's great for bags or whip, imo.

nicelytoasted,

lwien

SmokingElectricity said:
da buddha or silver surfer. :cool:

Why do you believe that a whip vape would be a better choice than a bag vape in party situations?

lwien,

Frickr

lwien said:
SmokingElectricity said:
da buddha or silver surfer. :cool:

Why do you believe that a whip vape would be a better choice than a bag vape in party situations?

my thoughts exactly. i have an ssv, and while it is better then the pd for more people, ive had alot of problems with combustion due to people not knowing how to hit it. it takes quite a few tries for them to get it right. if your with the same people all the time, then the ssv is fine. if your looking to vape with alot of new people, or constantly have people coming in and out a bag vape is the way to go. after the bag is full, there isnt much you can really mess up, and it allows people to see that they are actually getting something. once again, alot of new people have a hard time telling if they are geting a hit with a whipbased vape.

Frickr,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I would look at it in the respect of, what kind of vape would you not mind sharing as much?

I know that my whip based vapes are nice with company but I wouldnt want just anyone handling them. Obviously due to the learning curve, but also for the 'ownership value'. For me, my whip based vapes are more personal, and I like to share them with people I know and trust - its about the experience. If I was at a party with many a folk and I wanted to share as much as possible bag would definitely be the way to go.

AGBeer,

max

Out to lunch
Much good advice here. I'll throw in my :2c:

Most people consider bag use to be better for groups. No learning curve and no handling of the vape necessary. You have to decide whether you're buying mostly for group use or mostly for your own vaping satisfaction. Most people who enjoy the vapor experience end up liking whip use more than bag. Hits are richer and tastier and you have more control. The downside is that the hits do vary with whip use, and the good taste goes downhill at the end.

In my expericence dual mode vapes are a compromise. You get bag or whip use, but a vape like the SSV beats any of the dual mode vapes for satisfying direct draw (although I can't speak from experience on the Ion). Your best buy in a dual mode vape is the herbalAire. About $160 on eBay and no issues with authorized sellers and warranty, unlike the Extreme and Ion. I don't rate the herbalAire all that high for satisfying whip hits though. The heating chamber design is fantastic for getting everything out of the herb you load (and it's not necessary or designed to use ground herb, just buds and chunks), but that design isn't the best for direct draw, although many do like the whip hits it delivers. The Extreme is better there if you use the elbow packing method. Considering the Extreme is much more breakable though (all the glass, and digital is always more prone to breakdowns), and doesn't isolate the vapor path, I'd still recommend the herbalAire. I used one for years and like it a lot. The Ion is a step up from these two IMO, but also costs more.

Never really had these issues with the herbie. You just have to be a little careful. It IS considered a hand held design for direct draw, and is small and lightweight-
it falls over alot (lightness) and if you use a (big)whip, the main mouthpiece won't stay in.

max,

OO

Technical Skeptical
max said:
Much good advice here. I'll throw in my :2c:

Most people consider bag use to be better for groups. No learning curve and no handling of the vape necessary. You have to decide whether you're buying mostly for group use or mostly for your own vaping satisfaction. Most people who enjoy the vapor experience end up liking whip use more than bag. Hits are richer and tastier and you have more control. The downside is that the hits do vary with whip use, and the good taste goes downhill at the end.

In my expericence dual mode vapes are a compromise. You get bag or whip use, but a vape like the SSV beats any of the dual mode vapes for satisfying direct draw (although I can't speak from experience on the Ion). Your best buy in a dual mode vape is the herbalAire. About $160 on eBay and no issues with authorized sellers and warranty, unlike the Extreme and Ion. I don't rate the herbalAire all that high for satisfying whip hits though. The heating chamber design is fantastic for getting everything out of the herb you load (and it's not necessary or designed to use ground herb, just buds and chunks), but that design isn't the best for direct draw, although many do like the whip hits it delivers. The Extreme is better there if you use the elbow packing method. Considering the Extreme is much more breakable though (all the glass, and digital is always more prone to breakdowns), and doesn't isolate the vapor path, I'd still recommend the herbalAire. I used one for years and like it a lot. The Ion is a step up from these two IMO, but also costs more.

Never really had these issues with the herbie. You just have to be a little careful. It IS considered a hand held design for direct draw, and is small and lightweight-
it falls over alot (lightness) and if you use a (big)whip, the main mouthpiece won't stay in.
i've been emailing herbalaire about their mouthpiece not staying in and i'm not getting responses after two tries even.

also, i've been using tygon tubing with a silicone tubing end clamped on so that i could shove the silicone bit over the mouthpiece.

my problem is twofold. since i have to hold it while hitting it. i'm tempted to hold the teflon mouthpiece on since if i don't, it will fall out, but doing so often results in mild burns to my fingers.

i really don't know how to get around this, i think a mouthpiece with tighter clearences would fix it, but herbalaire are not responding to my emails. .... :\

OO,

max

Out to lunch
i've been emailing herbalaire about their mouthpiece not staying in and i'm not getting responses after two tries even.
I hope you're not expecting too much from the design. The main mouthpiece connection isn't designed to hold up to much tugging and/or jerking on the whip. The whip was actually an added feature, with the original direct draw method just using the 2.5" bag connector.

My experience with herbalAire, regarding service, has been 100% positive-couldn't have asked for better. I sent them an email on your behalf. Hopefully that'll help.

max,

Hammerzeit

Speaking as a Zephyr owner - its good.

However - customs will bite you and put it over the 300 limit. I'd go with the HA. Unit plus shipping is covered by your budget. :brow:

Hammerzeit,
Top Bottom