1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Parents That Vape

Discussion in 'Vaporization Discussion' started by Bluntcrush, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Deja Vu

Deja Vu drawn to FC like animal magnetism

Me and my partner just smoke aromatic/remedial herbs together, and we aren't too concerned about the little one looking at it as if it is something 'bad'.
    As far as I'm concerned it's just a less watery version of making a tea with your favourite herbs and flavours, and even if we were smoking weed it would be responsibly. In fact I hope when she is a bit older (she is only 3 months at the moment) that she will be able to try different herbs such as rose petals and lavender and actually 'taste' and feel all of the beautiful flowers that she will no doubt be visually amazed by also. My little botanist in the making! :lol:

Then when she is 16 she can smoke whatever she wants with my hand-me-down as long as it is responsibly and in an educated environment :) (as long as it isn't meth)

Also as a side note: a lot of people I know who had smoker parents can still recognise the smell of weed from their childhood, and it relaxes and comforts them :)

sanfranciscosadhu and thesoloman like this.
  2. TeeJay1952

TeeJay1952 Well-Known Member

My kids had to peel roaches for offences against the crown. (it was the early 70s)

Deja Vu likes this.
  3. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

How can smoking ANYTHING be considered a responsible act when done around an infant. What the fuck?? Why in the hell would you consciously want to expose your baby to carcinogens?

Deja Vu, thesoloman and Enchantre like this.
  4. Deja Vu

I meant VAPING. We don't smoke/burn anything around her. My mistake. I'm still in that transitional phase in regards to my lingo when it comes to that stuff. I used to be a heavy bong smoker when I was younger and only recently (after a 2 year drug-free detox) got into vaporising non-psychoactive herbs.
    I'm guessing vapers don't use the term 'smoke up' or 'smoke a bowl' :lol:

5. Crumpet

Crumpet Active Member

My husband and I use these terms with each other, and we've only ever vaped (I blame mass media for the lingo! :D). But when I'm talking with other people about it (which isn't often), I'm careful to use the "proper" terminology - because most anyone I talk to is still on the combustion train.

As for the subject of the thread, I don't have kids myself. Should such a thing ever happen though, I'm glad I read this thread - it's got some great advice in it.

6. ren.dnb

ren.dnb Member

I have 3 kids. I used to have a little area out in my garage where I would rip bong hits. Since I started vaping I never go out there anymore. Now I just sit at my desk and vape off my MFLB or Firewood 2.1, and keep everything hidden in my hutch. When the kids are up and say its a Saturday, I'll only vape at my desk if they're outside playing or upstairs.

Other times when I need to be discrete, I'll vape outside on the porch.

Deja Vu and Jahannum like this.
  7. 4tokin

4tokin Well-Known Member

It has been an interesting read.
    My kids are 16 and 20 and have no idea about my extra curricular activities. Where I am from it is still illegal so with that alone I am not prepared to burden them with my crimes. The day is fast approaching for the talk.
    To those who vape in the presence of minors is I feel is fraught with danger. 2nd hand vapor can easily be breathed in by said minors or residual THC on furnishings has the potential for absorption through the skin. Now it would not take a lot of 2nd hand contact for an minor to have a small background THC reading in the blood. I know it sounds far fetched but one of my concerns was if I got raided community services would likely become involved and kids are found in a drug house den they will test the minors and we all know where a +ve thc swab in a minor will lead to.

Hippie Dickie and Deja Vu like this.
  8. Deja Vu

Far out. Is there any conceivable reason why you would be raided? If you haven't told your kids then I guess you are pretty discreet about your vaping. I'd like to hope the odds of being spontaneously raided are very small :uhoh:

Jahannum and grokit like this.
  9. max

max Bingo Coordinator Staff Member

That's really not the case. Any decent drug testing company sets a high enough limit to screen out 2nd hand/incidental absorption, and even a heavy dose of 2nd hand THC (which still wouldn't trip the meter) is gone in a day or two.

10. 4tokin

4tokin Well-Known Member

I know it sounds harsh but that is just part of my risk management. In this day and age the law does not need much of a reason to stick there noses into your affairs.
    Seeing the daughter and her friends have the hip 420 thing happening I plan to sit them down on 420 next year for the talk so I can come out of the closet. My son manages the local chicken joint while at uni and he lets the cook out from time to time to blaze up as he cooks the chicken so well it looks like the pics and even tastes good.

Max you may be right but it is some where I am not prepared to go.

Deja Vu likes this.
  11. TeeJay1952

TeeJay1952 Well-Known Member

I had a friend (hard to believe) who was a hustler. Always slinging and middlemanning. He was hidden while I have always been out of the 4:20 closet. We ride together for years and I told him "Man, I can't believe that you believe that the kids don't know. Dad comes home, snarls at everyone, goes into garage, green cloud ensues and then Dad returns and wants to play Candyland!" Eventually he broke down and had the talk. His 13 daughter said" Is that why we are poor?" These folks were middle class. (Suburban Life). He was so mad at me. I said it was the years of lying and no preparation that caused misinformation.

Deja Vu likes this.
  12. 4tokin

4tokin Well-Known Member

My wife and I are stumped as how they have no idea. If they new she would have heard about it. As to our financial appearance I run a frugal ship and they know it.

13. crawdad

crawdad floatin

im commenting on a situation i know little about (specific person) but i would not classify keeping certain things from your children as lying, sounds real judgmental of a parenting decision. im sure not being prepared enough for the convo will no doubt lead to issues, but its not like the logic of a 13 year old ("so is that why we are poor") is hard to respond to and clear up. little girl wants her pony daddy wants his rocket ship, now eat your veggies.

Jahannum and Puffers like this.
  14. max

max Bingo Coordinator Staff Member

Nothing wrong with playing it safe.

15. t-dub

t-dub Vapor Sloth

My spouse gets random drug tested all the time, its aggressive, 3 times this year that I can remember. She sits in the same room I vape in, complains about the smell, and has never tested positive. You simply can't get the required DOSE to even register. Skin contact or oral administration with a tincture or edible obviously should be avoided.

Chill Dude likes this.
  16. Adobewan

Adobewan Well-Known Member

Our laws and programs like D.A.R.E. create a scenario where many parents who use must lie to their children to provide them with plausible deniability.
    Many value the truth but are coerced into withholding it, or worse, lying to their kids.
    Hopefully change is near!

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors