Gear parchment paper

weedemon

enthusiast
Ok,

Is it safe to put oils onto this kind of paper? how does nothing from the paper get into the oil?

I have read lots about you guys using parchment paper. I don't get it. why is this so good? I tried it once and it was just a sticky mess on paper now... great? :lol:

then i read about people purging into dishes lined with the paper itself so there was no scraping anymore.

weedemon,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I using some synthetic parchment paper not the brown one.. It is clear as glass , you can see trough. I've used it in my micro wave for streaming vegetables :). It is claimed to be safe in microwave use and it does not melt till 300 + ,although i don't know how stable it is with low temps .

Abysmal Vapor,

stroh

errl enthusiast
next time freeze your paper/oil for a little bit, it will cleanly remove from the parchment paper. i find parchment to be a good place to keep razor blade scrapings on before transferring the whole oil mass to my dish. also wax paper doesn't work as well for some reason.

stroh,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
I scrape from the dish then put it all on a square of p-paper. I leave it on the p-paper while I re-heat it on a coffee cup warmer to get ready for vac-ing. Then vac it on the p-paper still. I then fold that piece up, stick it in a smaller ziplock bag, and store in the freezer. Each morning I take out the frozen errl, break off a few dabs and pre-load the day's vials before it gets too sticky, and good to go!

Haven't tried spraying direct on paper yet....too worried about messing it up lol. I'm pretty efficient at scraping pyrex if I must say so myself :p

JDSupreme,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
I 'think' the OP is stating the FINAL purge being done on p-paper after scraping up the pyrex..... not the spraying extraction direct onto it. Only because I seriously can't see THAT working at all :o

smokum,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
smokum said:
I 'think' the OP is stating the FINAL purge being done on p-paper after scraping up the pyrex..... not the spraying extraction direct onto it. Only because I seriously can't see THAT working at all :o

I believe Errl claimed to do just that with excellent success!

JDSupreme,

StickyShisha2

JDSupreme said:
smokum said:

I believe Errl claimed to do just that with excellent success!

Errl said:
Has anyone ever tried running BHO into a pyrex lined with parchment paper? I just gave it a go on a small run of 2nd wash trim... By all means please let me know if there's something dangerous/stupid about this? I just HATE scraping pyrex so anything I can do to avoid that would be great.

i think iso soaks into parchment paper but not sure about butane.
i don't have any parchment paper to play with.

StickyShisha2,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
ok thks..... I tried searching it out and cldn't find a definitive result of someone trying it but I see the claim now.

Might give this a try myself with my BHO runs (which I believe he did - not ISO), because I'm one of those big mitted guys that hates scraping a dish with a blade as well, lol.

PEACE

smokum,

Errl

With the ISO I had a LOT of liquid to evaporate and nothing actually soaked through the parchment paper to the pyrex dish below, but after all that time being gently heated the parchment paper looked wrinkly and was fragile.

I now routinely do runs of BHO directly onto parchment paper. I stand by my statement that this is the easiest, fastest, most efficient way to do runs.

Plus now you can do a run, let most of the tane evap, then remove the parchment paper and you're ready to throw another sheet down and do another run! No cleaning the dish between runs or even afterwards... Totally mess and stress free with no cons that I have found after doing 3 big runs and 4 smaller ones.

Errl,

Bouldorado

Errl

How do you collect the oil from the parchment paper? and do you have a pic of your collection dish? I'm intrigued by this now.

Bouldorado,

vape4health

I got some stuff made by Reynolds Wrap called - non stick pan lining paper. I tested it with a bit of warm oil and it didn't try to stick at all. It's parchment paper on one side and foil on the other, the foil let's you fold it and keep shape, like make a little packet. Could be perfect to spray into because you can make walls out it.

vape4health,
Top Bottom