Parchment paper question for rosin tek

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I will stick to vaping it myself.:myday:
That quasi lab tech fellow was funny to watch, I remember watching him do a video once picking his nose while he had his lab coat on while doing some sample test in his new spectrum analyzer thingy, that made me laugh, nice sterile testing environment:lol:
What he lacks in laboratory skills, he makes up for with enthusiasm...and he seems to have fun.:tup:

LesPlenty,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
To Hell with it let's all smoke the No Stick Coating off of the Parchment Paper and get Lung Damage, Nobody cares because we all die right, LMFAO

Woah slow down man, it's pretty obvious nobody here is advocating that, on the contrary most of us here choose to vaporize specifically for harm reduction, so I think you aren't giving us enough credit in regards to safety, as nobody here is actively trying to smoke silicone.

The issue here is more so just a lack of evidence, I can assure you people are listening, but linking a video where the content creator himself says otherwise just doesn't make for a very compelling debate.

Has your health been compromised from inhaling silicone? Did parchment paper actually give you COPD like your username alludes to? we need more info here bro, we wanna know where you're coming from so we can better understand your position. Do you make and dab rosin yourself?

miguelovic

You can see the clear concentrate band when you pull it off the Parchment you can see a discolored film layer. my best friend was named top 10 hash makers in the world by High times magazine his moniker is 710 savant is multiple cannabis cups and knows what he's talking about so you don't believe me here's a video link for you guys to see.

Lab Tests Came back with Parchment in the Concentrate!

Why dont you try another mulitquote post with the same reply repeated over and over?

Right on just always have been concerned about the no stick coating that comes off with snap and pull type concentrates. There is something keeping it from sticking to the paper so when you pull it off I see that it must take this non stick coating with it? Top of the concentrate looks clear but when pulled from the paper the bottom looks filmy???????

Why dont you try another mulitquote post with the same reply repeated over and over?

To Hell with it let's all smoke the No Stick Coating off of the Parchment Paper and get Lung Damage, Nobody cares because we all die right, LMFAO

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
While I still believe the quantities must be pretty small if any at all, I would like to see a real analysis of the last bits you can scrape off, or almost out of the parchment, if the rosin has seeped into almost.
Someone must have done it, I am pretty sure? It would take alot of the guessing away.

When handling some silicone coated parchment paper this week, it appeared to me that somehow the fingers feel different afterwards. Might be silicone or might be some physical reaction of the skin or something. Has someone else made this observation too?

While Silicone is not considered dangerous ingested (it is in lip balms etc.) because it does not react easily chemically, and it has a very long half life iirc. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Now IF there were small amounts of silicone in the rosin (or any other concentrate/extract), it MIGHT accumulate over time in the lungs, as it doesn't degrade fast, no?
Silicone is used in plenty of creams and cosmetic products, so it is probably not a big problem as a substance, but IF the accumulation somehow hinders the function of the lung it might get pretty uncomfortable. Any doctors or medical persons insights available, somewhere?

There are alot of assumptions and if's. I still enjoy my rosin in the meantime.

Edit: I still believe in most cases rosin is a healthy if not the healthiest (full spectrum) extract available.
Nothing against Johnny B, but he does not know enough to really make good tests that mean something with his GC machine. He should get a training or a person that can advise him properly.

Last edited:

Baron23

Teh bit of simple google research I have done on this subject says that better parchments are coated with silicon and that there are some cheaper parchments coated with Quilon.

When pressing bare nugs, I use Reynolds pre-cut sheets but put it within an outer sleeve of Slick Paper which is a bit tougher.

I have found Slick Paper to be too slippery for bare nugs but use it when I use a filter bag.

I have absolutely NO concern about toxicity of silicone parchment...particularly at the reasonably low temps we use it.

Also, its my observation that no matter the material or application, there will be at least one person neurotic enough to get the vapors about it. That's fine with me...as I don't have to share their unreasonable fears. I have enough anxiety monsters under the bed of my own, as it is! haha

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Right on just always have been concerned about...

This made me laugh so much, after the authoritarian fear-mongering and after the "scientist expert in his daddy's lab coat and a fucking ball-cap" as proof is refuted by @invertedisdead and @superdang9000 using the very same "my best friend, John" that's how his response begins! Obviously you were concerned about it, pretty much got your position from your handle. Speaking of: since your central statement has been disproven, what are you going to do about that unfortunate moniker? Talk about bad luck, five posts in and your member name is worthless! You should have picked a better anxiety or medical fear or done better research before joining. But there's something in this final post that I can never forgive:

Ain't nobody trying to smoke nothing around these parts, mister. This is Fuck Combustion and we ain't got no fire.

Top Bottom