Paraphernalia across Canada border?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chimpybits

Hi, I'm considering buying my first glass piece - the glassblowersdirect FC bubbler and carrying it into Canada along with some Silver Surfer accessories. This bubbler ships only to the USA.

As I'm living in Vancouver, I could ship to a package receiving service in Point Robert just across this border and drive it across. I gather that illicit drug paraphernalia is illegal to import into Canada or USA. I should order some books or something from Amazon in order to declare these at the border. I expect much of the traffic to and from Point Roberts is bringing in goods so declaring something is probably wise. Alternatively, I could mail the goods from a post office in Point Roberts to my home to avoid carrying across the border. Also, the SSV gear could instead by shipped directly to me in Vancouver.

Obviously, I'd be pretty unhappy to have the bubbler confiscated. Thoughts? Experience?

chimpybits,

Bouldorado

Since they sell bongs in Canada, I'm guessing youll be fine unless it's obviously used.

Bouldorado,

Tweek

You will be fine. It's considered "Glass art" or you can also say it's use will be for tobacco. They can only take it from you if it's obvious that you used it.

Tweek,

chimpybits

Thanks Tweak and Bouldorado you've given me enough nerve and now I can with some confidence order this bubbler.

chimpybits,

farscaper

No worries chimpy, the Canadian border patrol flat out made a press release not long ago that said they intend to focus their efforts on "harder drugs" and were no longer going to go to great efforts on the war on pot. so im sure your "tobacco piece" will be no worries mate!

gosh i wish i still had that email... i think it was from NORML to... cant remember though.

farscaper,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Don't want to burst you bubble, but that directive only applies to people caught LEAVING the country with marijuana.

However, in this case it does not matter, as long as your glass is clean you will have no reason to worry. You are a glass art broker and this is a genuine Rebronski for display in Cedar Coves Glass Exhibit.

farscaper

Ah ha, thank you for the clarification. Wouldnt that be embarassing...

But glass art is the bees knees!

farscaper,

chimpybits

So, as it turns out I sailed through the border - no requests for receipts, and no checking the merch. The fellow just asked what I bought and the cost. I just said hand-made art.

chimpybits,
Reactions: farscaper
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom