Paranormal Activity

aero18

vaporist
I want to see it so badly. I heard it is real freaky... This movie and ZombieLand are on my list of things to do. :)

aero18,

stinkmeaner

For those who have not seen this movie, you are not missing much. It is so boring that if I had actually paid to see it I would have left the theater. This movie has had very positive reviews all from all major critics and thus proves they are all idiots or they were paid off by the production company, which from the profit they are making from a film that was made with a budget of $11,000 and a opening weekend take of $22 million I think they can grease a few palms.

There is a screener copy for download on Isohunt.com if you want see it without making the fat pigs of Hollywood even richer.

stinkmeaner,

trouble ethyl

let me preface this by saying ghost in general scare the crap out of me. if i watch ghost hunters, i have a hard time sleeping that night. i can't walk through my dark apartment without thinking something is gonna pop out at me.

having said that, I paid $6 to see it (the day before the screener was available at every torrent site). i enjoyed the movie, but it's definitely a one time watch movie. i was, however, very disappointed in the scare factor. the commercials hype it up so much that i though i'd be shitting in my pants. i had absolutely no problems sleeping that night.

is it a good movie, yes.
is it as scary as they claim, no.
i heard a hollywood studio picked up the rights to the movie and they are going to remake it. maybe that one will be a tad bit scarier.

also, i had problems with the whole demon expert.
really, there is only ONE demon expert in the world that can help you? i find that hard to believe.

trouble ethyl,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Growing up, there were theaters that showed "midnight movies" - usually very cool or bizarro or underground films. It was great. Anyway once they showed the original Night of the Living Dead.
We took acid to see it, as did most of the other people in the audience.
THAT was a trip...

jeffp,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
stinkmeaner said:
For those who have not seen this movie, you are not missing much. It is so boring that if I had actually paid to see it I would have left the theater. This movie has had very positive reviews all from all major critics and thus proves they are all idiots or they were paid off by the production company, which from the profit they are making from a film that was made with a budget of $11,000 and a opening weekend take of $22 million I think they can grease a few palms.

There is a screener copy for download on Isohunt.com if you want see it without making the fat pigs of Hollywood even richer.
LOL.. I agree it should have been called Paranormal Inactivity, what a boring piece of shit. Wasted Halloween night watching 2 hours of my life I will never get back. They spent 11,000.00 on it but much more hyping it up around the country to get those sales numbers knowing that after opening weekend people would hate it and tell their friends not to bother.

DeepFried,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
jeffp said:
Growing up, there were theaters that showed "midnight movies" - usually very cool or bizarro or underground films. It was great. Anyway once they showed the original Night of the Living Dead.
THAT was a trip...
I think i know the very movie. The one i saw (it used to be shown on sky movies all the time when we first got satelite tv 1992ish) was in that hand painted type of technicolour. The same movie was also just in black and white, ive seen it like that too. (actually i have a bit of an obsession over that movie as it happens lol) 'The're coming to get you Barbara'.

edit: heh found this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVAdvXyI-M0

Happycamper,

aero18

vaporist
Watched it online. Only thing I am glad about is that I didn't spend money to go and see it. Zombieland was not bad though.

aero18,

stinkmeaner

DeepFried said:
stinkmeaner said:

LOL.. I agree it should have been called Paranormal Inactivity, what a boring piece of shit. Wasted Halloween night watching 2 hours of my life I will never get back. They spent 11,000.00 on it but much more hyping it up around the country to get those sales numbers knowing that after opening weekend people would hate it and tell their friends not to bother.
I am just astonished seeing the enormous amount of rave reviews for this "ambien" of a movie, I really feel like our society is loosing intelligence by the day, I mean do people really not want a movie that requires no thought process at all?

stinkmeaner,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Happycamper said:
jeffp said:
THAT was a trip...
I think i know the very movie. The one i saw (it used to be shown on sky movies all the time when we first got satelite tv 1992ish) was in that hand painted type of technicolour. The same movie was also just in black and white, ive seen it like that too. (actually i have a bit of an obsession over that movie as it happens lol) 'The're coming to get you Barbara'.

edit: heh found this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVAdvXyI-M0
the black and white one - nothing romero has done since in my opinion has quite matched it in terms of evoking pure terror and a sense of claustrophobia.
either that, or we've just gotten desensitized over the years. it is one of my favorite all time movies.

another really good low budget thriller is "i spit on your grave."

jeffp,
Top Bottom