Pan's Ink Terpene Customization

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
So I ordered a combo pack from Pan's Ink. $70.00 a bit steep.
http://www.pans-ink.com
Included are a small sample of their 5 different formulations.
Daydream. :cool:
Focus. :spidey:
Sensual. :brow:
+Relief. :smug:
Drowsy. :zzz:

I have only tried the Focus formula so far. I put a few drops on a packed Solo stem and let it dry, as per the instructions. I did not notice any real flavor. It vaped well and maybe made the load go a bit further. The whole package smelled of celery when I received it.
I'm not sure if it was related or not, but I got a really unpleasant feeling in my stomach and later my bowels. Again not sure if that was caused by the Ink or not. I had hoped for more flavor. More testing is necessary...
Has anyone else tried this stuff?

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I don't know how I feel about external terpenes. I know of a few brand-name extract companies here in California that do it (Pure Gold, The Clear Concentrate come to mind) and they get/got a lot of heat for it. I know it's natural but I'm not sure why I have an aversion to it. I've seen Bubble Man post pictures of extracted terpenes too. Maybe you put too much? I'll be watching this thread :D

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: VegNVape

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Ah, now here's the thread I was looking for . . .

And I'm kinda surprised that it hasn't had more interest, unless I'm missing something obvious? :shrug:

Has anyone else had experience with this, or any other brand, or similar types of terpenes?

They certainly sound quite intriguing to me, possibly like a bit of fun, and maybe even beneficial? Who knows?

Although your experience sounds pretty underwhelming & generally not great, @DieHard - did you do any further testing? Or was once enough for you?

My recent brief experience with 'Daydream' produced racey sativa-like effects, imo. Just 1 drop on a Zion stem - and it gave me slight 'butterflies' in the belly too. AllGood though, I was aware of what it was, otherwise I guess it could've been slightly unsettling. I think that it would not be for everyone - just like some racey sativas. In fact, it reminded me of the feeling I often get shortly after setting down in the 'Dam :)

It did feel like an enhancement to me, and it also added a lovely sweet piney flavor :tup:

This brand seems to have been around for a few years now, and I haven't unearthed anything particularly worrisome regarding them as yet . . .

I do know that you need to be sensible when dealing with terpenes. And ingesting essential oils can be dangerous. But these blends appear to have been carefully sourced & developed, and Pan's Ink wisely advise no more than 6 drops (1-2 drops per bowl) via smoke or vape, per day.

Anyway, I shall keep researching.

But what say ye, F.C?

Anything?

Love.
:peace:

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker

And I'm kinda surprised that it hasn't had more interest, unless I'm missing something obvious? :shrug:

Has anyone else had experience with this, or any other brand, or similar types of terpenes?

They certainly sound quite intriguing to me, possibly like a bit of fun, and maybe even beneficial? Who knows?

Although your experience sounds pretty underwhelming & generally not great, @DieHard - did you do any further testing? Or was once enough for you?

My recent brief experience with 'Daydream' produced racey sativa-like effects, imo. Just 1 drop on a Zion stem - and it gave me slight 'butterflies' in the belly too. AllGood though, I was aware of what it was, otherwise I guess it could've been slightly unsettling. I think that it would not be for everyone - just like some racey sativas. In fact, it reminded me of the feeling I often get shortly after setting down in the 'Dam :)

It did feel like an enhancement to me, and it also added a lovely sweet piney flavor :tup:

This brand seems to have been around for a few years now, and I haven't unearthed anything particularly worrisome regarding them as yet . . .

I do know that you need to be sensible when dealing with terpenes. And ingesting essential oils can be dangerous. But these blends appear to have been carefully sourced & developed, and Pan's Ink wisely advise no more than 6 drops (1-2 drops per bowl) via smoke or vape, per day.

But what say ye, F.C?

Anything?

Love.
I need to try again. I have to many toys to play with. I also got some terps from Amazon. They had many varieties available. I limonene , alpha pinene and Myrcene. I haven't tried them too much either. Just tried dipping a dab in for flavor.

DieHard,

mephisto

I enjoy the +relief, and the .....sensual. Slight adjustment to the normal effect my vegetables have on me.
It stretches a bowl very nicely. The Daydream has less impact on me, surely don't need to add any "racey" anything to my vibe....Used as advised, I like the brand and the company.

The Stranger

Account Closed
So these actually have/change the effect when smoking? So sort of makes your herb more potent even and isn't just for flavor?

This is very interesting.

The Stranger,

mephisto

@VegNVape I kinda felt a bit jealous that I don't have Irene with me to enjoy a stem with the Pan's Ink. Had not thought of it until you mentioned it. I still like to add a drop to one of my conduction devices for a session. I also enjoy using the Daisy with some enhanced herbage. Think I will go have a drop right now.
Cheers!

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Ahhh @mephisto, I do feel for you there man, & I'm sorry - I honestly never mean to rub it in with my various posts full of pics & talk of 'Zion this' & 'Zion that', & so on . . .

I just spend a lot of time being rather over excited & believe me, my good lady puts up with a lot of it, but F.C definitely gets a good share of the over-spill!

Interesting to hear some other peoples interpretations of the Ink, & reassuring too. Do you use 1 drop or 2 on a load?

@The Stranger - Yep, adding terpenes to your herb can enhance, magnify, & to a certain degree, help to tailor your high to your preferences. Interestings indeed!

@DieHard - What a predicament! What to try next eh?! Yeah, get those terps out & let us know how you go bro :science: Take it easy though - gently gently catchy monkey!

:cheers:

killick

But I like it!
So for flavour drops those are usually suspended in VG, no? I've been soaking a VG tinc and have been debating adding a drop to a zion stem and see what happens. As long as I don't go blind I'm usually OK with the outcomes of science... And this seems safe enough (for someone with a swack of DU in their system anyways)...

Monsoon

But what say ye, F.C?

Anything?

Love.
I nearly ordered some but then I read that it's not pure terpenes but instead they're diluted in ethanol and water. I'm only looking to use it for on-demand terp dips instead of adding it to a slab so I don't think it will work as well for me since the ethanol might not evaporate before the dab. I'm currently using pure terps from Connoisseur Concentrates which work pretty well to mellow out the high and smooth out the hit.

mephisto

I would like to, however, their site access is a bit sketchy according to my machine. For now I am happy with CC. Looking forward to reading about anyone else 's take on Blue River and their products. Thanks for the link, it was quite interesting reading.

mephisto,
Reactions: Copacetic

MinnBobber

Very interesting.
So instead of putting a drop on your herb before vaping, could you ingest (eat) a drop well before vaping?

I've done this with the myrcene in mangos---eat one 90 minutes before vaping and the one tine I did this, it SEEMED like I got way more medicated from the same small bowl....
Could these types of terp extracts be a pre-vaping enhancer???

mephisto

I have done the exact thing w/ lemongrass essential oil and it works very well to heighten the effects of your medicine. Took 3-4 drops mixed w/ water, next time I will mix the essential oil with coconut oil instead.
Probably got the lemongrass idea from one of youse......

mephisto,
Reactions: Copacetic
Top Bottom