• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Palm 2.0

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Yah, the nice lady at the store expressed concern about the wooden construction of the LB. Although others have talked about the plastic that makes up the Palm so......

The FV looks pretty sweet. It is adjustable? So when you find the 'sweet spot' temp wise your are good with no combustion? My Palm 2.0 cost me a 135 so I wish that I had researched deeper since it looks like I could get a FV for about 120. Maybe next tax return... (hear that NSA?!? you guys are FUNDING my habit!)

And you are a generous soul for giving your friend your P2. :)

Thank you for your kind thought but I must confess that he gave me something in exchange. The FV is not adjustable unless you get the power adapter. We can discuss it in the FV thread if you like.

pakalolo,

Kofa

After reading the entire thread and getting one of these, I have a few unanswered questions.

1-Can I get replacement screens? I don't see them for sale on their website.

2-What about the safety of the materials? What type of plastic is it made of?

3-I notice that some of the air intake is coming from the battery compartment (with battery out, there's a difference in airflow with thumb on/off battery hole). Why is that, and is it safe?

4- How well do the hinge and plastic latch hold up over time?

Add me to the list of people that are surprised how little attention this thing is getting on FC. I'm surprised how easy, and well, this thing works

Bass Vaper

Well, after taking the advice of @MtlVaper , I wrote VB about my unit. He said it sounded like bad wiring, suggested I send it back in. I did, they fixed it, and sent it back. Much different unit now than what I had. 100% turnaround in satisfaction, very refreshing. Other than having to load it a couple, few times to get zoned, it's a pretty swell little unit.

Thanks for the feedback folks, appreciate it.

Sukhpaal

Hi guys, last month I purchased the Palm 2.0. I was pleased with it until I realized that my Palm would not heat up at times. When I charged the batteries for 3 hours they would die within using them for about 15 minutes and it left me very confused. Anyone else having similar problems? Or does anyone know whats wrong with my Palm 2.0? Thank you.

mod note: Merged

Last edited by a moderator:
Sukhpaal,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Hi guys, last month I purchased the Palm 2.0. I was pleased with it until I realized that my Palm would not heat up at times. When I charged the batteries for 3 hours they would die within using them for about 15 minutes and it left me very confused. Anyone else having similar problems? Or does anyone know whats wrong with my Palm 2.0? Thank you.

I have a Palm 2.0 as well and found the stock batteries to be a bit weak and short lived. There is a specific thread for the Palm 2.0 and within there is advice on better batteries.

VAPEHUNTER

Anyone else having similar problems? Or does anyone know whats wrong with my Palm 2.0? Thank you.

When I had my Palm 2.0 one battery always seemed to last longer and heat better than the other. I did pick up a more powerful battery on E-bay and it was like a whole new Vape. It would heat fast and last for a long time. Here is a link for the battery I bought → http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-pc-Tenerg...US_Rechargeable_Batteries&hash=item5ae2d99fe2
I recently gave my Palm 2.0 to my cousin because he wanted to start vaping and bought a "vape pen" style Vaporizer. He said he liked his Vape pen but hated having to constantly clean the black ash out of it!

Last edited:

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
The Tenergy 2500s are what I found to work best in both the Palm and Palm 2.0. I tried a half dozen or so others and never got close to the same results. I used all three MFLB provided battery types they offered and others ranging from 2000mAh to 2700mAh. The tenergy 2500mAh batts really seem perfect for the Palms.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I never tried Tenergy. The Imedions that Magic-Flight shipped as the stock battery for a long time worked well for me. I found that the Palm 2.0 stock batteries were on the weak side. The Powerex 2700s were a bit too much, and as I am fond of saying, the Magic-Flight glyph batteries turned it into a lighter.

Lizard King

My Palm 2.0 handling a trench of kief like a champ...

D0ktKgil.jpg

A dozen or so smooth, tasty hits later...

UdbnFlvl.jpg

Then a quick brush out and...voilà!

Orcr7UOl.jpg

Last edited:
I use Tenergy 2500s in both my palm and palm 2.0 and they are perfect, Powerex 2400s take them both to combustion as do the older magic flight 2200s. The mAh # doesn't seem to have any bearing on how they power a vape.
Thanks for all the great info - I just got my 2.0 in the mail! Seems to do the trick, though I can't see any vapour! Sadly, one of the batteries was broken when I took the rubber cap off, but the other one seems to be just fine.

My question is, if I order a few of these Tenergy 2500s, can I use them with the Palm charger, or do I have to get a separate one?

Sorry if this is a dumb thing to ask - I know nothing about electricity! :)

UncannyCannabinoid,

Bass Vaper

Do they have to be Tenergy brand, or would any 2500mAh work? I may just run to Radio Shack. I've been digging on the P 2.0 lately, but at times I feel like it's not getting hot enough. Wanting to try the helpful FC advice.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I know i had brought up the Tenergy 2500s a while ago and to be honest I found a few packs of them in a drawer in my house and just started using 'em and found out and shared here that they worked great for me But no real research went into which brand to use! I just had 16 free batteries to use and found they worked better in the palms then the OEM palm or magic flight ones for me.

I had tenergy's so i used 'em, i would think other brands will work about the same if you get the 2500mah's

Last edited:
Yup, those stock batteries are awful. One of 'em was broken and neither of 'em seem to charge properly. Couldn't get a decent draw out of it.

Got some Tenergy 2500s in the mail yesterday, charged 'em up, and now my Palm goes like a rocket!
Thanks for the tip, Rude Boy. 2-Tone forever!

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Cool UC glad they're working for you too.

Using the stock under powered batteries made it so difficult I either got nothing or charcoal. These batteries made the palm and palm 2.0 my quickest hitting vapes with easy enough control to never combust. All mflb batteries made the load cherry up and burn easily and the mflb glyph's passed char in a heartbeat and moved right to ash.

I would love to know why the mAh doesn't seem to be a factor in this. 1800mAhs 2700mAhs and 2200mahs take me right to smoke and 2500mAhs are perfect, It would be neat to know why.

:shrug:

the Patron Saint of vaporists musta left those batteries in the drawer that day since no one here knows where the fuck they came from. :tup::tup:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Cool UC glad they're working for you too.

Using the stock under powered batteries made it so difficult I either got nothing or charcoal. These batteries made the palm and palm 2.0 my quickest hitting vapes with easy enough control to never combust. All mflb batteries made the load cherry up and burn easily and the mflb glyph's passed char in a heartbeat and moved right to ash.

I would love to know why the mAh doesn't seem to be a factor in this. 1800mAhs 2700mAhs and 2200mahs take me right to smoke and 2500mAhs are perfect, It would be neat to know why.

:shrug:

the Patron Saint of vaporists musta left those batteries in the drawer that day since no one here knows where the fuck they came from. :tup::tup:

mAh is a measure of capacity, not power. The difference here is in the discharge curve. There is a lot of information about this sort of thing at CandlePowerForums, including this AA NiMH performance thread. Notice how each brand differs even among different capacities within the same brand.

$unnyblaq

mist-or-vapor
I was reading on the MF thread and someone said they saw a counterfeit MF, @OF asked the person to pick out the fake. I saw the palm listed on the MF site and never thought of it as a counterfeit. Anywho i decided to crack out this neglected vape, and WOW it surprised me. It gave me a very surprisingly satisfying session even browning, light vapor, which was more then i usually get from this thing. This was why i never used this thing but, im ashamed. I will use it more often since it seemed to work well but more for small hits. I could see this more for really shady situations, i used my magic flight glyphs and held it for 6 seconds and took sips. This worked well so i will have to test this out more as well as my MF. I have so many vapes that mastering them all takes a lot of time, practice, patience and most of all....MEDICINE!!!!!!!

After reading the entire thread and getting one of these, I have a few unanswered questions.

1-Can I get replacement screens? I don't see them for sale on their website.

2-What about the safety of the materials? What type of plastic is it made of?

3-I notice that some of the air intake is coming from the battery compartment (with battery out, there's a difference in airflow with thumb on/off battery hole). Why is that, and is it safe?

4- How well do the hinge and plastic latch hold up over time?

Add me to the list of people that are surprised how little attention this thing is getting on FC. I'm surprised how easy, and well, this thing works

I'd like to hear some input on these questions as well. Also, how stealth is this unit on smell? Any chance of pairing this with a smoke buddy jr. and achieve veritable "invisibility"?

TheDudeNextDoor,

Yoosh

I can't answer the other questions (haven't needed new screens yet/not sure on materials/airpath) but the latch has held up great for me other the past few months.

Smell is definitely minimal, less than the mflb imo but the taste is cleaner. With a smoke buddy I think everyone would just assume you've got an exhaust port for your inhaler. :lol:

But yes this is one of my stealthiest pieces. Perfect for a movie theater since it's manual instead of session style. Plus I find the flavored mouthpieces are fun when out and about and help with 'vape breath' especially if you'll be doing any smooching. :tup:

Make sure to grab some beefier batts for easier use/bigger clouds.

Last edited:

Yoosh

Careful with those flavoured mouthpieces. They have been known to melt.

Good to know, thanks. I've had them go flimsy on me after repeated use/time in the sun but I usually toss them at that point.

The palm also works well without any mouthpiece at all, as someone (probably you) mentioned in this thread previously. Definitely fits in the pocket nicer that way too.

Yoosh,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
The MP also has a proclivity to fall off, easily I found.

Not bad for a knock off of MFLB design concepts. If they WOOD only knock off the icky plastic and reincarnate in natural wood, both the Palm and the Palm II WOOD be eye candy. Feel great.

& healthier.

PS My Palm II came with an extra screen + extra MP.

Last edited:
stark1,
Top Bottom