OxyChronicles

arthritisbites

I just returned to FC for the first time in a while. Seeing that there have been a few new replies in this thread, I feel I should provide an update.

Last summer, eight years too late, I was diagnosed with arachnoiditis. That's in addition to MS and other things. As I already knew two years before hearing of arachnoiditis, the only known effective treatment for arachnoiditis is opioids. I still receive no treatment.

I have a video that went kind of viral a few weeks ago (after receiving about 200 views the first six months it was published). Hopefully all this attention I've received lately will get me the help I need. Nothing yet, though.

The video is going to get its 200,000th view later today. Not slowing down, either.

So happy to see your post! Forgive me if I’m giving you a suggestion that you’ve already tried, but have you contacted your state and/or local senators/representatives recently? Especially after what happened at the CDC this week - ton of experts said chronic pain patients are getting harmed by the country’s response to the opioid epidemic:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...5fa49c-4066-11e9-9361-301ffb5bd5e6_story.html

You might find that some people’s ears are open now that previously refused to listen...

Vitolo

Vaporist
Welcome back @Aimless Ryan
Sorry that circumstances have been harsh.
I wish I could look at your blog, and see a continuation of the story....
for closure. And on your Adventure website also.
I know your work contained a more lighthearted set of adventures.
Also it is too late to go back in time and create a running commentary as was presented before.
I was thinking a link at very least that leads somewhere if not on the blog itself, that shows the way your situation deteriorated ...... Tell your story to the end. You have proven to be an adept journalist.
Let the story continue.
You might find that some people’s ears are open now that previously refused to listen...
And there is that!

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
@Vitolo My brain is currently having a hard time making sense of things, so I can't really respond to anything. However (if you watched the video), did you notice the fishing vest? It's the one you found for me on eBay a couple years ago.

Oh yeah. I don't know why I didn't share these two videos here yesterday, because they belong here. I made them last summer when I had a little oxycodone. I really like them, and so do viewers. They haven't gone viral, but they've gotten a big kick from all the new visitors and new subscribers to my YouTube channel.

Two of the most significant moments of my life happened during the three days covered in part 2. One was the falling-down incident. The other happened the very next day, when I unexpectedly received a new diagnosis.

I even smile once.

Part 1:

Part 2:

fernand

Hi, Ryan, what can I say, I feel with you, you are getting the short end of the shovel, like so many many people.

But let me ask why specifically Oxycodone. This is one of many related compounds, some of which are less maligned in the press, so a doc might be more willing to prescribe them. It happens that Oxycodone was overprescribed. On average it's not even the best analgesic, but has a very strong Euphoriant effect in many people, and that's been creating more headaches, more clamping down by the Feds, less access for those who need it.

Now of course we're at a new chapter of the War On Drugs, with a focus on Oxycodone. There are other members of the Opioid family - the Methadone (Dolophine) branch, the Meperidine (Demerol) branch that includes the more potent Fentanyl, the weaker Tramadol branch, and all sorts of others, and derivatives. Each one is different enough to be recognizable subjectively. And each patient reacts differently. There are many receptors that these substances act on, it's not just a simple matter of morphine type MOR receptors. It's turning out that there are antidepressant effects on the same receptors as triggered by classical antidepressants. And we're just scratching the surface.

So, my question is why specifically Oxycodone, which is now "politically" such a dog-whistle evil drug. It's entirely possible another opioid might work as well for your case, or even better, with more doctors willing to prescribe it. Codeine is a less potent but VERY useful drug that was pushed out of emergency room use through an orchestrated promotion of Vicodin by Knoll Pharmaceutical around 1980. In the US, combined with Aspirin or Tylenol it's Schedule III and not Schedule II like Oxycodone, an Rx can be called in and refilled. In many countries, including Canada, low dose Codeine + Aspirin + Caffeine tablets can be purchased without a prescription. Tramadol is Schedule IV. These are not inactive, and they work wonders in some patients. Nobody knows until they've tried them. Oxycodone may be your miracle drug, or it may only be the best you have tried so far.

How many other opioid meds have you tried?

Last edited:
Top Bottom