OxyChronicles

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
I have made a series of videos that document the effects of oxycodone on me and my progressive multiple sclerosis. I don't make these videos for attention or anything like that. If I did, that would be stupid because almost no one watches them. Which is a shame because I feel like they could help so many people if only people saw them.

Rather, I make these videos in hopes of spreading the word of a message apparently I'm the only one who can spread, thus potentially helping myself and others who live in crippling pain but may not already know what I learned last year after being prescribed lots of oxycodone, following a horribly broken femur, and second-degree and third-degree burns seven weeks later; what doctors obviously still don't know (because if they did, oxycodone would already be very commonly prescribed for MS patients, instead of being made nearly impossible for MS patients to acquire).

Please watch at least one of these videos, especially if you or someone you love lives in crippling pain that doctors will only treat with "safe" drugs like evil gabapentin/Neurontin, which I feel lucky to have survived. I am unwilling to take almost all pharmaceuticals, but there are a couple that are pretty amazing. Oxycodone is one of them, as long as it is taken responsibly. Which I think is obviously how I use it.

OxyChronicles 1: MS spasticity wiped out by one Percocet (2:24). I made this one during summer 2016, when all I really knew is that Percocet eliminates spasticity, which is the worst kind of pain there is.

----------------

OxyChronicles 2: Standing up unaided for the first time in 3.5 months (0:41).

----------------

OxyChronicles 3: Walking unaided after knowing I'd never do it again (2:48). I made this one after I'd taken oxycodone every day for five months, then very sparingly for the following month or so (either 10 mg max any particular day, or none). I never even mention oxycodone in this video because I guess I still didn't realize how much of my improvement was a direct result of taking oxycodone. Shortly after making this video, I stopped receiving oxycodone scripts for several months. During that time, I fell apart because being on my feet without oxycodone gets me injured. So, being not-fucking-stupid, I now stay off my feet completely when I have no oxycodone. When you can't be on your feet, you get very [dangerously] weak, very fast.

----------------

OxyChronicles 4: Before/after dose of REAL MEDICINE. Watch the legs (1:12).

----------------

OxyChronicles 5: Small daily dosage after taking none for five months (14:07). I like this one because it documents over an hour of my recovery through oxycodone, uncut, yet it's only 14 minutes long.

----------------

OxyChronicles 6: Scientific hypothesis nailed. I can't stand, then I can (5:26).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W03GcQQ9kLk

----------------

OxyChronicles 7: Another before/after oxycodone video (2:20). @biohacker was impressed with this one. It's short, too.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TYsxU4QX2oQ

----------------

OxyChronicles 8: Starting over on Ryan's bridge (8:35). I originally thought the raw footage from the talking part of this video went on and on, with not much important stuff to offer, but now I think that part is amazing. If you are not in tears at some point between 4:00 and 5:00, fuck you.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=77TyyrYkVnY

----------------

I just received a call from the Columbus Dispatch. They're gonna print a letter I sent to the editor about this, within a few days. My letter included a mention of AimlessRyan on YouTube. So these mostly-unwatched videos may be about to go kinda viral. This may be interesting.

Baron23

HI Ryan - wow, man....my heart goes out to you. A former girlfriend (long time relationship) had MS and took those damn interferon shots every Friday night after which she was down for the count for the weekend.

I am a medical patient for pain from peripheral neuropathy resulting from a lumbar that looks like the road to Damascus. Yeah, they tried the Lyrica/Neurotin thing with me but I'm not having any of it.

I do get narcotic pain pills (15 mg oxycodone) but I try very hard to rely on MMJ and NSAIDs and only take the narcs when I have a episode.

With that said, I am DEFINITELY not one of the board members with contempt for all pharmaceutical. Quite the contrary, I have one pill that saved my life (literally) last Aug. Now I do think we are are personally responsible for the research/self-education and resultant decision as to what to take and what not to take (vice just swallowing anything they give you

We are all different in many ways and need to treat our illnesses and infirmaries as we determine best and fuck anybody who wants to give us shit about it. They aren't in our shoes.

How's the leg, by the by? Getting any better?

Aimless Ryan

My leg is fine, pretty much. I mean, there's a metal rod from my knee to my hip, and three pins at each end, so I don't think that's ever going to stop hurting. But other than that, I guess it's fine. It's been over a year since I broke my leg.

bN4u0OI.jpg

Unfortunately I've had to resume taking gabapentin, as of a few days ago, because the pain clinic and the palliative care provider told me to fuck off and die. I've only been taking 600 mg a day, and I'm hoping I'll have reason to stop taking it before becoming physically dependent on it again (by receiving real pain medication), but I have no idea if I'll ever receive the help I need. That shit (gabapentin) is evil, but right now it's worse for me to not take it.

Here's the letter I wrote to the Columbus Dispatch yesterday, which will be published within a few days (hopefully Sunday):

Dear Ohio,

Oxycodone saved my life. Multiple times, in multiple ways. I have documented it on video the best I can (YouTube user AimlessRyan; OxyChronicles series). It also keeps me from being absolutely miserable; just a little bit of it a few times a day. I've never withdrawn from oxycodone (precisely because I've never used it to get high or accidentally been high on it). But thanks to lots of misinformation, I have none and may never have it again. Which means I'll probably be dead soon. For no reason.

Thanks for spreading misinformation so people like me, who live in horrible, unending pain, get to die. The war on heroin/opioids has absolutely nothing to do with people who live in constant, unbearable pain. Almost all of us use opioids responsibly. Yet we're the only ones being affected by a ridiculous war on something that saves lives. Our lives.

Please help me save my life, as well as the lives of countless others who could benefit from opioids how I do. Be informed. And once you become informed, inform those around you. You may need this stuff in a few decades how I need it now.

Ryan P

----------------​

I'm not sure why my last few videos did not show up in the original post, so here they are:

OxyChronicles 6: Scientific hypothesis nailed. I can't stand, then I can (5:26).

----------------

OxyChronicles 7: Another before/after oxycodone video (2:20). @biohacker was impressed with this one. It's short, too.

----------------

OxyChronicles 8: Starting over on Ryan's bridge (8:35). I originally thought the raw footage from the talking part of this video went on and on, with not much important stuff to offer, but now I think that part is amazing. If you are not in tears at some point between 4:00 and 5:00, fuck you.

Last edited:

biohacker

Hey Ryan, further to our PM's, can you not find the meds you need online somewhere? There has to be a source, either on home turf or abroad? If you look hard enough, or on the secret web or something? Just a thought, but I guess there are too many risks involved, but you may be willing to take since your life/wellbeing depend on it. I can't believe how fucked the system is there. Especially with your kind of pain and illness. God bless my friend.

Aimless Ryan

Oh yeah, my friend/advocate (a medical professional) and I have an appointment to talk to Senator Rob Portman soon, regarding this stuff (and surely some other stuff that doesn't involve me).

It will be interesting to see if my videos receive a lot of exposure from my letter to the newspaper. I've always been very critical of myself, but I really like all the videos I've shared on this page. I feel like I come off so much cooler than I really am. Plus what I have to say/share/show is very useful stuff. Especially the visual stuff. I think that stuff is unbelievably compelling.

ChooChooCharlie

For many of us, it's a diversion.
For non-stop rec users like myself, it's an addiction.
For patients like yourself, it's medicine.

Try to feel a bit better, Ryan, and I hope the mobility and ease of handling of the Mighty is a psychological boost for you!

Your vids are extremely difficult to watch for me, but it made me feel lucky -- just had dental work couple hours ago and thouht to myself, shit, I don't think I could handle a pain situation beyond a few minutes.

All of us should pause for a bit, thinking about chronic pain, hoping lawmakers understand the suffering.

herbivore21

I'm glad that people here are commenting on the genuine medical uses of opioids as well as the all too often-cited dangers.

I have never had the misfortune to have a condition that has required me to regularly use opioids, but I have sadly due to complications of my conditions had to be in hospital for various procedures. At these times, I have been dosed with powerful opioids like Fentanyl and Morphine. They didn't cause me any negative effects and I tolerated them very well in this context. They made the otherwise incredibly invasive surgery quite tolerable and facilitated very quick recoveries in each case. I cannot say enough good things about opioids when used in an appropriate medical context.

Kudos to @Aimless Ryan for speaking out about this. The cannabis community is entirely too quick to disregard life-saving and quality-of-life giving pharma medications, which sadly, one may do at their own peril.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@Aimless Ryan So sorry for the illness and the pain spasms that you are going through. Good luck when you speak with Senator Rob Portman. You are an inspiration to us all and I'm glad we have you on this forum. It's absolutely a crime that you are not able to receive the medication that you need to get through your day. Take good care of yourself.

Aimless Ryan

I have never had the misfortune to have a condition that has required me to regularly use opioids...
Before breaking my leg a year ago, I had never really taken much of any kind of painkillers. OTC stuff very rarely, and no opioids of which I'm aware (except one script for 20 hydrocodones a few years ago, which I never finished before the remaining three were stolen from me last summer by a home health aide). I don't think I even took any OTC stuff during my very long walk in 2010. Which caused infinitely more pain than anything else I'd ever done, but is nothing compared to the pain I experience every moment now (when not taking oxycodone/opioids).

I've had a healthy fear of heroin/opioids since I was a kid.

Breaking my leg, then burning my leg last year forced me to open my mind regarding opioids, because I had very good reason to take oxycodone for months last year. Even though I took as little of it as possible—considerably less than prescribed—I worried that I would become an accidental junkie. I worried a lot about the withdrawal sickness that may be ahead of me.

Never happened.

The only thing that happened after I ran out of oxycodone last year is that I hurt like hell all the time; just like before my injuries. However, thanks to all the pain medicine I'd been prescribed after my injuries, I was now aware of how much pain I experience every moment. Since my broken leg was caused by standing, being on my feet stopped being an option, since being on my feet has proven to be very dangerous for me; possibly deadly.

So I guess my point is that before breaking my leg I thought of opioids as a kind of poison. However, after having no choice but to take lots of them for a long time, I didn't think of opioids as poison. And especially after having no withdrawal symptoms, I most certainly did not think of opioids as poison. I don't fear them anymore, because there is nothing for me to fear.

In my experience, you can't become a junkie unless you consciously use this stuff to get high. I don't, nor do I want to. Based on a lot of experience last year, I know it's not a realistic concern for me.

Aimless Ryan

Some important benefits I receive from oxycodone that cannot be shown in my videos:
  • When I don't take oxycodone, like the last several days, I can't be on my feet, at all. I have to spend essentially all my waking life lying on the couch, because just about every move I make could get me killed. My before/after videos are just about the only times I have dared to stand up (without oxycodone) since November 2016.
  • When you basically can't move, you get very weak very fast. Which makes every move even more dangerous.
  • When I don't have the help I need to allow me to move, I can't take care of myself.
  • When you can barely lift your hands, eating becomes work. So you do it much less frequently than life requires you to.
  • Without pain relief I can't even think about following the Terry Wahls Diet, which is a huge part of my overall treatment plan, specifically because eating that way also does wonders for my brain and body.
  • I drop everything. Every time I do anything (like prepare a meal), I am exposed to the possibility of dropping my meal all over the floor or dropping breakable items on the floor while transporting from the kitchen to the table. If that happens, I don't get to eat. And then I have a huge mess that I probably cannot physically clean up. And if I try, it's very dangerous for me. When you have reached this point, you simply eat half as much as you need to. Which I heard may not be good for you.
  • Being unable to be on your feet or use your hands keeps you from being able to take care of yourself, in every way. It is very dangerous for me to try to transfer from my chair to the toilet, or vice versa. And when I fall—especially there—there is a very large risk for serious injury or death, because I don't fall how most people fall. I fall like a brick. I have had many near-falls in front of my toilet. When you need your hands to hold you up, how do you drop your pants? Especially when you're always lucky just to make it to the toilet.
  • Stress kills. You have no idea how stressful my life is, nor how much less stressful it can be with pain relief.
  • It's difficult and potentially dangerous for me to operate my chair when I don't have pain relief, for both myself and anyone who comes near me. I am very weak when I don't have pain relief.
  • My responses/reflexes are much slower without oxycodone. That can be (and has been) the difference between me either having a terminator leg or not having a terminator leg.
  • It's infinitely safer and easier for me to bathe when I have relief from oxycodone. Without it I fear bathing; which then occurs every two or three days.
  • I can barely brush my teeth when I have no oxycodone.
  • I almost can't leave the house without oxycodone.
  • When I have oxycodone, I get to not be high!!! Although I started using cannabis a few years ago specifically for its potential to help my MS, I don't mind being high on cannabis sometimes (every night), and I consider the high part of its medicinal effects. But I don't want to be high most of the time, as it creates even more danger for me. One major reason why I don't want to take gabapentin is because I don't want to be high. Yet the ENTIRE reason why pain clinics refuse to help me is because I test positive for cannabis. Which is information I have volunteered. Which was legalized a year ago in Ohio specifically because there are people like me.
OK, I guess that's enough for now. I could make this list go on and on, but I just can't think of everything that belongs here. And cognitive difficulties make it very difficult for me to organize my thoughts. (Yeah, even that gets significantly better when I take oxycodone.)

Although pain relief is a big bonus, the most important benefit I receive from oxycodone is safety. Not being able to keep yourself safe from injuries that are impossible for just about everyone else to experience is terrifying and very stressful.

If y'all think of any ways to do this, I'd love for you to play devil's advocate just to see if I am able to rebutt every single argument anyone could make to suggest oxycodone is in any way bad for me. I can think of one legitimate argument, but I also know the proper response. Argument: constipation. Rebuttal: I fear constipation. I had by far the worst bathroom experience of my life the other night, after having no indication that was about to happen. Consequently, I make sure that can't happen again, by controlling my daily dosage (when applicable), even if that means I have to deal with more pain. Constipation alone is enough for me to never abuse opioids. And I never have.

EDITS:
  • Because I can't do anything when I don't take oxycodone, I live in endless boredom.
  • I currently smoke a few cigarettes a day. That only happens because of boredom.
  • My cannabis use largely happens because of boredom.
  • When I take oxycodone, I'm not bored, because I am able to get up and do things. Like exercise on my bridge. Whenever I am on that bridge, I have taken oxycodone. (I haven't been on the bridge for several days. Consequently, all that progress was for nothing.)
  • I am a much better person when on oxycodone because I am infinitely less stressed and infinitely less distracted. Under those conditions, I can be who I really am. When I take oxycodone on a regular basis, people like me. Because it's infinitely easier to be likable when you don't hurt like hell.
  • At times it is very difficult for me to breathe. Which hurts a lot; it's miserable to struggle breathing. Which also has a lot of other negative effects. Which is a very serious safety concern. When I take oxycodone, it's never difficult for me to breathe.
Basically...

Landmine has taken my sight
Taken my speech
Taken my hearing
Taken my arms
Taken my legs
Taken my soul
Left me with life in hell

Except when I take oxycodone.

I'm glad I was kind of chubby in the most recent video, because if I make any more videos, I will likely be noticeably skinnier, due to the fact that I can't take care of myself now.

Last edited:

Aimless Ryan

If some of y'all would kindly watch some of my videos that are still visible and share them with people you know, my life may be saved. Please do that. These videos depict what is not unreasonable to call a miracle. I need more of it, and so do thousands and thousands of other people. All I need is for some of these videos to be seen, and the ball will be rolling.

The dude in those videos does not exist any more.

Aimless Ryan,

Aimless Ryan

Been a few weeks since I've had any oxycodone. I'm surprised I'm still here. Since I want to keep being here, I made up a sign to display mostly near the bridge where thousands of people know the guy on the power chair goes to exercise.

AwXyBDa.jpg

I thickened up the first two lines earlier today. However, I think it's still hard for passing motorists to see. Hasn't generated many (or any) video views.

EDIT: Oh yeah, this sign made me $40 last night. I told them not to give it to me, but they did anyway. If only I knew where the fuck to buy oxycodone on the black market, I'd now have enough to get me through a day.

Last edited:
Aimless Ryan,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I too suffer severe spasticity, and take pharmaceuticals for it, and for pain..... but Medical Marijuana has allowed me to reduce my use of all drugs to an acceptable level.
I am totally off Baclofen, and have reduced my use of Diazapam to half.
I have reduced my consumption of Oxycodone to 1/4 where it was. My Trazadone is down to 33% of what I had to take.
I was only able to do this with the help of Medical Marijuana, but I know that I must continue taking low levels of medications to walk and function as I do, and to keep a positive quality of life.
@Aimless Ryan would like his story seen, and so, I am going to help him out.
I am not a proponent of Narcotic drugs, but rather I am a promoter of the use of Medical Marijuana.
Nonetheless, I am going to share his story....
First learn about him: Go to http://www.aimlessmovie.com/index.html and see Ryans story, his life prior to the situation we have seen him in here.
On Facebook see his comments at https://www.facebook.com/AimlessRyan
Finally go to Youtube, and see the videos at his channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbIf8X-OkX3YVxRdy1HdBpg

Last edited:

Aimless Ryan

Aside from a few pills, I have not taken oxycodone in several months. Consequently, I can't move much and I hurt like shit all the time. Here's a quick video (34 seconds) I made recently out of footage from several months ago, when I was taking a small amount of oxycodone daily. I think this video does a good job of showing how much a very small dose of oxycodone helps me almost instantly.

Aimless Ryan,

YungLeaner

Aside from a few pills, I have not taken oxycodone in several months. Consequently, I can't move much and I hurt like shit all the time. Here's a quick video (34 seconds) I made recently out of footage from several months ago, when I was taking a small amount of oxycodone daily. I think this video does a good job of showing how much a very small dose of oxycodone helps me almost instantly.

I implore you to do some internet research on kratom, an opioid-receptor activation plant that has helped many thousands in America with pain relief and medication substitution.

I'm not saying it will completely replace the oxycontin, but it acts on the same brain receptors and it could help you a lot. It is a plant, powdered before being sold--you take 2-4 grams of it at a time, and it is a powerful pain reliever. Many people who lost access to their pharmaceutical meds have successfully replaced the meds with it.

Here's the best part--I will send you some for free. I am not kidding, this not a trick, there is no catch here. I believe that kratom can help you and I will go to the post office today and send some if you PM me your shipping address.

I do not want to see a good man live in pain, and I really think that kratom can help. What's the risk in trying?

Please PM me, ryan.

http://www.sagewisdom.org/kratomguide.html

https://www.reddit.com/r/kratom/comments/5b2cib/kratom_101_getting_started/

zenmasterofzinfandel

@Aimless Ryan , I strongly urge you not to rely on "information" posted on cannabis/altmed sites...these, like FC Medical Forums are filled with massively incorrect information...mostly feelings/opinions that are not backed up by the proper science. "proper science"...loaded terminology that 99% of cannabis forum members are utterly and completely ignorant about. I was the same before my loved ones deteriorated to rapidly I was overwhelmed with time constraints...you grasp at any all info you can find, when you are desperately seeking some kind of answers. Most here are like I was early on, only difference is I was conferring with medical professions who ****know**** what these studies do and do NOT show...lots of drugs are 'promising' for what they may give as therapeutic uses...but as time goes by, as more research is gained over the decades...we find those earlier studies are just that ...still "promising" yet not really viable solutions...and you could be dead by then...huh. Sorry state of human science it is today, wasnt much better decades ago.

I'm too busy with my own psychological & physical stresses/poor health to give you info you seek.

I have read via Russo's new commercial venture...heh, maybe he will be part of the new canna-millionaires...so take that consideration when you consider the 'facts' you will read on Phytec's website.

Phytec is located near me, so I will attempt to contact Russo vis a vis cannabis cardiovascular dangers that most on canna sites, stick their heads in the sand, and don't want to fact the facts that their posterboy, holy grails of compounds in cannabis could possibly be anything other than God's gift to man/womankind.

I can guarantee you there are FC members here who have zero comprehension of what FAAH acutally is or does/doesn't do.

March 2016...so not the latest, but you can d/l this pdf file for free from the link below:

https://www.researchgate.net/public...annabis_Plants_and_the_Endocannabinoid_System

^Russo is incorrect IMO about chocolate myth with regards to anandamide...other research suggests in cocoa powder there is some anandamide, just not enough to be significant in low doses you'd be consuming such cocoa powder...but Russo does admit to the other compounds, question is if these are in does high enough to make any difference...science is not there yet, IMO...from what I have been able to research< I have links, but not interested in debating with those who do not understand who to interpret scientific studies<<<I have issues with most studies I have read with regards to cannabis.

http://www.os-extra.cannabisclinicians.org/the-launch-of-phytecs/
^from O'Shaughnessy's Online
"The site provides an intriguing list of plants known to contain beneficial compounds that might be incorporated into balms of various kinds. We all know that at least one of them makes beneficial compounds, and that cosmetics and nutraceuticals derived from it will be available in Costco sooner rather than later. "...such as "Echinacea A genus of nine plants called coneflowers within the daisy family. Echinacea purpurea is a popular herbal remedy, though large controlled studies supporting its efficacy are lacking. [Emphasis added] This species appears to produce alkamides and other constituents that interact with CB receptors." LOL, Costco...these guys are looking to get rich.

For example, you could, if you had pre-existing health conditions(and most of us do have some sort of less than ideal, perfect health) at little as 25mg could cause a cardiovascular event that results in death. Russo has a 2015 study on that, which I'm going to contact Russo on b/c I can take 3,000mg of cannabinoids via lab tested chocolate bar, and seemingly have little-to-no-effect at all>>>how is that possible, and would I suffer long-term liver damage from consuming such quantities on a monthly basis, such as with RickSimpson Oil protocol?

Consumer Reports did an article some years ago about the dangers of common herbal suppliments, suggest you find that somewhere...all things you consume, have some impact on your health, sometimes insignificantly small, other times, those herbal remedies can also result in death or dangerous side-effects. You are playing Russian roulette with both cannabis and other 'altmed' solutions...be very, very careful. You think ppl that have adverse events have their relatives or someone that knew them, come on cannabis forums to warn people of those dangers, after the fact...have fun trying to locate those warnings on canna forums.

You may want to investigate THCa and according to Russo, CBDa. CBD @1,000-1,500mg via Real Scientific's crap extracted CO2 process@about $10,000 total I spent +60-120mg THC + some THCa that is not decarbox in choco bars I melted into a very high calorie nutrient drink was best I could do to simulate 24/7 IV ingestion. I wouldn't expect cancer to sleep on the job, so figured the best I could maintain a consistent blood plasma level would provide best chance>>>along with $300/pill Zytiga(that's about $100,000/yr if you do not have insurance/Medicare part D...which of course my loved ones did not have)...did nothing to stop metastatic castration resistant prostate cancer<<<supposed to have 95% survival rate@10yrs, higher still for 5yrs survival...nobody dies from prostate cancer anymore...uh, do not believe everything you read on the interne, even from the "expert" scientists/doctors!!! if detected early enough. Older men get PSA tests, so usually catch that cancer early<<<didn't matter, 6yrs post diagnosis, death.. a very difficult suffering death due almost entirely to the failed health care delivery system that is current, and likely to get worse over the decades. Medicine aint what it used to be decades ago, before costs ran amuck. < can blame tort system in the USA, and stoopid dumbarse jury/judge/appellate justice's decisions.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I have been experiencing some severe joint pain in both knees since last March. It came on all of a sudden after 25 treatments of radiation. That same month I needed to start taking a medication called tamoxifen every day to lower my estrogen levels to keep any hormone related cancer away. I had breast cancer surgery last year. I am suspecting that the radiation is the cause and the tamoxifen is adding to the problem of the pain. During my radiation treatments I walked everyday and had no pain in my knees.

The pain has gotten worse and I have been dependent on a cane for the last month. I have leftover pain pills that I've been taking from my surgery from last year. I'm not someone who even likes to take pain pills but I'm trying to stay working. That helps pay for my medical insurance. I'm sure if I were to retire now I would have a hard time getting insurance on my own with a preexisting condition in these times.

I had a steroid shot in both knees a month ago and it didn't work. My last couple visits I've seen an ortho physicians assistanct he suggested I email my doc for pain meds. I use two canes to walk all the way into the doctors office. He saw how much pain I was in. I don't have a handicapped parking place because I'm hoping this will go away soon.

I emailed my doctor to ask for a prescription for pain meds. He said he didn't think my condition required that. I think his hands are tied as a physician who works for an HMO. The pain medication epidemic has made it hard for people that really need something to alleviate their pain. The doctors are afraid to even prescribe them. It probably doesn't look good if they are seen to prescribe too often. Patients are made to look like drug addicts.

I will be seeing a rheumatologist and then an orthopedist physician. I will soon be getting an MRI. X-ray shows I'm not ready for a new knee yet. I do have arthritis everywhere throughout my body including my knees.

When I go into my oncologist I will be discussing going off the tamoxafin, it's not worth it, if it's attributing to the pain. The pain started before the tamoxafin right after radiation was over.

It's really too bad that a descent pain medication hasn't been made (invented) that's not addictive. I wonder why that is?:hmm: Cannabis helps with pain but when it's severe you need something more to help along with the weed.

Last edited:

Aimless Ryan

Opioids are not addictive unless you are a drug fiend. Oxycodone doesn't make anyone a drug fiend. Anyone who thinks it makes you a drug fiend, or can make you a drug fiend, has never taken oxycodone and has listened to the news way too much. Most doctors are spineless pieces of shit. Not just when it comes to my pain, but when it comes to anyone's pain.

Aimless Ryan,

Little Bill

Oldest stoner on FC
I have been experiencing some severe joint pain in both knees since last March. It came on all of a sudden after 25 treatments of radiation. That same month I needed to start taking a medication called tamoxifen every day to lower my estrogen levels to keep any hormone related cancer away. I had breast cancer surgery last year. I am suspecting that the radiation is the cause and the tamoxifen is adding to the problem of the pain. During my radiation treatments I walked everyday and had no pain in my knees.

The pain has gotten worse and I have been dependent on a cane for the last month. I have leftover pain pills that I've been taking from my surgery from last year. I'm not someone who even likes to take pain pills but I'm trying to stay working. That helps pay for my medical insurance. I'm sure if I were to retire now I would have a hard time getting insurance on my own with a preexisting condition in these times.

I had a steroid shot in both knees a month ago and it didn't work. My last couple visits I've seen an ortho physicians assistanct he suggested I email my doc for pain meds. I use two canes to walk all the way into the doctors office. He saw how much pain I was in. I don't have a handicapped parking place because I'm hoping this will go away soon.

I emailed my doctor to ask for a prescription for pain meds. He said he didn't think my condition required that. I think his hands are tied as a physician who works for an HMO. The pain medication epidemic has made it hard for people that really need something to alleviate their pain. The doctors are afraid to even prescribe them. It probably doesn't look good if they are seen to prescribe too often. Patients are made to look like drug addicts.

I will be seeing a rheumatologist and then an orthopedist physician. I will soon be getting an MRI. X-ray shows I'm not ready for a new knee yet. I do have arthritis everywhere throughout my body including my knees.

When I go into my oncologist I will be discussing going off the tamoxafin, it's not worth it, if it's attributing to the pain. The pain started before the tamoxafin right after radiation was over.

It's really too bad that a descent pain medication hasn't been made (invented) that's not addictive. I wonder why that is?:hmm: Cannabis helps with pain but when it's severe you need something more to help along with the weed.

I am 74 and took anti inflammatory meds for years. My new internist of several years took me off them because some of my blood markers were marginally high.

My internist put me on 50 mg Tramadol two tabs a day. He says they are non narcotic and are not addictive. They are slightly less effective but I am fond of my liver and kidneys. When I forget to take a dose the pain usually reminds me within hours. They still require a new prescription every 30 days; but I just place a refill order with the Walmart pharmacy and they have the docs office fax a new prescription within 24 hours. I've been taking Tramadol for 3-4 years.

@CarolKing I suggest you try Tramadol. It might be strong enough for you.

Little Bill,

little maggie

What's frustrating about what's going on is that there are a lot of people whose severe pain has been managed for years with a stable does of meds that have been taken off of them with nothing to replace them. Instead they send them to pain management classes. They are left unable to function the way they had been on medication.

little maggie,
Reactions: hibeam

hibeam

alpha +
@Aimless Ryan how are you doing? Anybody here, is narcotic bowel syndrome a really common thing? I saw somebody post about it elsewhere online and I had never heard of it before. I am afraid it will be used to build a case against prescribing narcotics.

hibeam,
Top Bottom