Overindulgance

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I love to vape. Especially cannabis flowers. They taste good, smell good, make me feel good head to toe, and it's easy to remedy if I overindulge. But here's the thing, I don't want to overindulge so much.
I would like to limit that to the weekends. My problem is that if it's around, I'll use it. I seem to make any amount last me 2 weeks cause that's how often I buy. I would love to buy a larger amount and get a better deal so I only buy like once a month...but I can't do that because I can't control myself very well.

Do y'all have any tips for slowing yourself down? I don't mind vaping daily, but I want to be able to stop before I'm blasted lol. I do micro dose, and it helps...but I also pack multiple tiny bowls in a row. So yeah, it slows me down some, but not enough.

I've also tried mixing with other herbs, but when micro dosing that's not really going to happen. The bowl is so tiny, I don't like anything else mixed in there. I've thought about buying to kinds and mixing them, but I don't really like grinding my material up before hand. I'm ready for some ideas. ;)

Squiby

I hear ya. The pleasure I get from vaping with my Vapcap competes with the degree of intoxication I desire.

It only takes a tiny amount and a minute to get to where I want to be but I would like to make the vaping ritual last longer, cause the act of vaping is fun.

I don't like to get so stoned that my productivity suffers, so I keep my vaping sessions to microdoses and limit the act to every few hours.

I have no useful advice for other than to have a microdose session, then back away from the vaporizer and go do something, anything that is away for your stash and vape. Out of sight, out of mind.

:shrug:

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
I struggle as well.

Have you thought about trying to separate your stash, limiting yourself to how much you can use in a week/day? Maybe getting one of them pill organizers that let you fill a small compartment for everyday of the week.

snackmaster

I think your best bet is gonna be to set a concrete goal and then come up with contingencies or whatever else that'll help you get there. @Tweak's idea about portion control is good. You could also keep a record of your use. If you're consistently sticking to the plan, reward yourself with something. If you deviate, think of something you can deprive yourself of. Holding yourself accountable is tough, so outside help isn't a bad idea.

jay87

Try making a snack, or turn on a tv show, or just go do something after your first microdose.

I find for myself that a lot of times it takes a few minutes for the high to really come on strong after a small dosage.

If you take a small dose to get you where you want to be, then get preoccupied with something else you'll be less likely to immediately vape more and instead wait until you start to come down a bit.

If you pay attention to your usage habits you can start to find out exactly how large(or how small) of a dose you need to get to your "just right" state and then just maintain that level of indulgence. :2c:

Good luck!

hinglemccringleberry

Do y'all have any tips for slowing yourself down? I don't mind vaping daily, but I want to be able to stop before I'm blasted lol. I do micro dose, and it helps...but I also pack multiple tiny bowls in a row. So yeah, it slows me down some, but not enough.

I've also tried mixing with other herbs, but when micro dosing that's not really going to happen. The bowl is so tiny, I don't like anything else mixed in there. I've thought about buying to kinds and mixing them, but I don't really like grinding my material up before hand. I'm ready for some ideas. ;)
This may sound oversimplified, but try actually microdosing. You say you do, but that you also pack multiple tiny bowls in a row and then you're too blown. That's not microdosing. Try doing 1 small bowl and then stopping. Microdosing is gaining popularity because people are realizing that they can still "get where they want to be" with less herb. Keeping a record of your use is good too, with the goal of less consumption. And I know you probably don't want to hear it, but if you can go even 1 day without it, that will help the cause.
If you're not currently going through your entire stash in 1 session, then you also have the ability to not go through even more weed in a session. You just gotta have that mindset.

Last edited:

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
Thanks for the responses y'all. Good stuff. Yeah I should wait for the effect to hit and not load another one.
It's very hard to go a day without weed if I have it. I've gone months without, but I don't know how long I could go without vaping if I have weed.

I like the idea to do something away from the vape after I partake. Great suggestion! I tend to get couch locked from The third tiny bowl and then I feel like the high was kind of wasted cause I didn't do anything with it. Great stuff.

EDIT: Ok, so tonight I got a good buz and stopped, did another hit an hour later or so. I'll do one more and go to bed. That's a good start for me. Normally I would stay up late getting stupid. But I need to go lay down now!

Last edited:

ren.dnb

I try to throw in sessions with edibles between vape sessions. Usually a couple of my little brownies keeps me straight for a long time. But I looooove to vape haha! So I completely understand. My useless piece of advice would be edibles with the ABV.

Otherwise as suggested above, you'll have to physically limit yourself. Even if it means wrestling your hand away from the vape with your other hand (at that point, someone walks in they'll think you've had enough lol).

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Wait until a certain time of the day like wait until 7:00 in the evening to use cannabis. You would probably appreciate it even more. Doesn't sound like you are a medical patient. Or if you can't wait, pick 5:00. Gradually cut down slowly then micro dose a couple of times in the evening. Keep busy doing other things than using cannabis.

Eventually try a couple days a week without using our fav flower. Your tolerance will go down. This might take you months to achieve but do it slowly.

Then pick one day on the weekend to overindulge if you choose.

Last edited:

ren.dnb

Wait until a certain time of the day like wait until 7:00 in the evening to use cannabis. You would probably appreciate it even more. Doesn't sound like you are a medical patient. Or if you can't wait, pick 5:00. Gradually cut down slowly then micro dose a couple of times in the evening. Keep busy doing other things than using cannabis.

Eventually try a couple days a week without using our fav flower. Your tolerance will go down. This might take you months to achieve but do it slowly.

Then pick one day on the weekend to overindulge if you choose.
This is good advice! I used to do this, then I got bad about breaking my time. I would usually wait until 7:30 or 8pm and then I'd load up my e-nano stem and usually that 1 stem was enough for me. Over time I got lazy and ended up just simply breaking the rules.

For the past 4 months or so I noticed that I had to re-up more frequently. So, I've been living by the time constraints again to get the tolerance down. Its slowly starting to work. Overindulgence happens on a Saturday, but I usually drop a couple of my abv brownies and enjoy the ride. I'll probably do that this Saturday while smoking up a salmon....

Thats the other thing... if I'm running my smoker, I'll overindulge. Most people I know drink beer or so while they're running their smokers or grilling... not I! I'm not a drinker lol.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I have a wake-up tiny bowl, and then I don't have another until about 630 or 7 pm. Part of my issue is I'm staying up late and that's when I go a little wild. I'm the last one up, ah, I'll pack another bowl... It's so small! Next thing you know it's midnight and I need to be up at 5...

I've thought about like a daily pill planner thingy, but I've not tried it yet. I like the idea of a journal or the like to track my usage. Use that knowledge when attempting to ration out my flowers.

Seriously, thanks for all the thoughts. It's all helpful.

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
One thing I like to do is put what I want to allow myself for one day into a separate container, away from the rest of the stash. That way you have a clear idea of what you have allotted yourself for 1 day and can plan around not using more than that.

Another thing I liked to do when supply was more scarce is set aside an emergency bowl or three. That way it just feels like your main supply is running low before it normally would, and you subconsciously slow your usage down.

Then, after you work through your main stash, you get the pleasure of a little reward from the emergency buffer stash, which also is going to be used conservatively because you subconsciously associate it with "emergency," usage.

Just a couple tricks to fool yourself into conservative usage.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
So I decided for a number of reasons to stop grinding and instead break little pieces off.
I end up using less and it takes a little longer to get through the tiny bowl cause it needs to dry up then break up. I like it.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
Hey gang. So I've not been wake and baking at all, and it has cut down my usage even in the evening.
Another thing I started to do was stop using my grinder. It slows down the whole process and less fits in a stem. Works perfect for me.

My stash has been lasting me 50% longer, so that's success to me. :) Now to keep it up.

Last edited:

damm

Sure there's times when I am stressed that I just savor each and every puff; and with that I can break out a few more bowls than normal. I found not applying any shame or guilt to myself to be helpful; I don't treat it like I have to be afraid of it or that I am in fear of loosing control.

Similar to over-eating we can sometimes beat ourselves up because we partake too much; too often or at all.

Something we all have to work on

damm,
Reactions: Squiby

howie105

Sometimes one needs a certain amount, other times one wants another amount as long as the user is in control of their choices its all cool. The only time I ever considered quitting MJ was when I knew I should have slowed down and didn’t, so I walked away for a year. I am much better now.

Marihuana

Iso Tensei
Before I started purchasing in large quantities, I would always end up using whatever I'd buy in a week, week and a half (whether it be a couple grams or a 7). Having more material than I know what to do with really changed my attitude toward how I approach vaping. Sometimes I'll down a gram in the span of a day. Others, I'll only take a small dab or two. Feeling secure in my supply compels me to be more conservative with my material than if I would if I had a smaller quantity that could be easily consumed in a few glorious sessions.

Top Bottom