Orange Chronic cleaner

lazylathe

Almost there...
http://shop.orangechronic.net/Orange-Chronic-16oz-Cleaner-SPECIAL-Free-Gift-Grinder-OC16-Special.htm
I placed a link to the for sale item because it has a description in it, nothing on the main page.

I decided to buy a bottle of this at a local head shop on the owners recommendation.
It can also be re-used numerous time, which is a bonus!
No waiting time either!

It has some particles that settle on the bottom of the bottle so a good shake is required.
Rinsed out my bubblers with hot water and poured in a small amount of Orange Chronic.
Directions say to swirl in circular motions but i just shook it around and made sure every surface inside was coated.
Poured the contents into another bottle for re-use later.

It is a very slick feeling liquid, almost oily.

Filled the bubblers with some hot water and shook the hell out of them.
The Orange Chronic foams up nicely and i made sure to get all the glass covered with suds.
Final rinse in hot water and the bubblers are sparkling!!
Around 5 minutes cleaning time total for two bubblers!

Caligula

Maximus
I could see this being good for combustion glass, however its not necessary for vapor/dabbing only rigs. The condensed vapor ("resin") is relatively easy to get off compared to combustion resin. On top of that, this is stuff that a lot of people like to reclaim. Cant reclaim from Orange/420/etc cleaners. For that you need relatively pure alcohol such as 91-99% isopropyl, or a high % ethyl alcohol like everclear, both of which work very well for completely removing built up vapor resin. All of that, plus the fact that iso alcohol is SUPER (relative to any pre-made cleaners) cheap, makes it a hard cleaning medium to pass up.

Of course for the serious stuff that just wont come clean, a lot of people use PBW. There is a thread on it here:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/pbw-the-chemistry-of-clean.7854/

Anyway, just throwing that out there. Im not saying Agent 420, Orange, etc dont work. They do, and they work pretty well. I just think money is better spent elsewhere.

Last edited:
Caligula,
Reactions: Kief

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
That stuff has been around for a good while.. It works really well too.. I probably haven't used it for 10+ years, and probably never used more than a few bottles ever..
I prefer alcohol and salt since it's so available, cheap, effective, and generally useful... I often reuse my alcohol for cleaning.. salted or not.. I almost never reclaim it though, but I like knowing I can if I really wanted to.

biohacker

T-dub, is that all it really is? Where can one find limonene?

I too use 99% ISO and overall with a hot water pre and post rinse it's good. However it's not perfect and leaves me longing for more sparkly glass. I tried PBW which ended up leaving a nasty white film that I couldn't get off. So I'm looking for other solutions.

biohacker,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I used that over a decade ago in college, it works- but in my experience does nothing ISO and salt can't do.

FlyingLow,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
T-dub, is that all it really is? Where can one find limonene?
Well I got mine at Gratefulbuys but it looks like they went out of business. I know they purchased it in 55 gallon drums and broke it down. Also, it appears that some grades of d-limonene do not dissolve well. I did a search and it looks like these guys are the d-limo kings:

I would go there and read for a while and see what fits your application. They have an industrial degreaser that rinses easy that looks promising: http://www.citrusdepot.net/shop/industrial-degreaser/

t-dub,

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
So essentially, it's more-less just Alcohol and Oranges huh? ;) :D
Next time I might as well just make a screwdriver and use that to clean my glass; then drink it down after :D

I joke but, I might be down to try it some time, depending on how baked I am :science: :lol:

Buildozer,
Reactions: t-dub

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
About as tempting as:

Would you like some Merlot?
I made it in the toilet.

92503835,972B1DA99EF881B675B.jpg

Top Bottom