Orange AVB and Other Musings

Pappy

shmaporist
I recently returned herb -- twice -- because the weed wasn't exactly up to my standards and because the AVB turned yellow or orange. The MJ was (supposedly) top shelf Sour Diesel and White Rhino but it smoked like a more commercial grade to me so I returned it. The first time the Dispensary barista was understanding but when I returned a few days later (I got chutzpah!) his face really turned red and he started hyperventilating. :lol: The bottom line is I finally walked out of there with some good OG.

This incident brings up two questions. Firstly, what's with orange or yellow AVB? Is it a curing thing? I can tell you it varies vape to vape - because I own 2. I can see why the White Rhino, which is a red and gold Sativa, would turn orange but I'd expect the Sour Diesel, a green Indica, to turn brown. I also find sticky herb is more likely to turn brown. Any conjecture?

Secondly, during the good old days of Prohibition, I was a quarter/half pound buyer. Decriminalization and dispensaries are changing the way I do business. The red-faced dispensary owner above suggested next time I buy a gram or 8th instead of an oz to see if I like it first. And who can blame him? What a pain in the ass patient I am! :p But seriously, these days -- with all the dispensaries -- it may pay to score small.

ttomo

oh weird - ok, orange avb is not what i was expecting :( i was thinking a nice tasty recipe...

ttomo,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I can't believe you are allowed to return anything made for consumption. For all he knew you could have soaked the bud in chemicals before returning it. That's scary.

As for the bud I think you are right. If I had access to a dispensary I would want to sample literally every strain there to see what I like best. No way would I want to get sick of the same strain. They should sell in bulk with mixed strains. For example you pay a set price for an ounce of "topshelf" so you can mix and match strains from the same price range, while still getting the discount for buying in bulk. For all I know that's already how it works.

darkrom,

Pappy

shmaporist
darkrom said:
I can't believe you are allowed to return anything made for consumption. For all he knew you could have soaked the bud in chemicals before returning it. That's scary.

As for the bud I think you are right. If I had access to a dispensary I would want to sample literally every strain there to see what I like best. No way would I want to get sick of the same strain. They should sell in bulk with mixed strains. For example you pay a set price for an ounce of "topshelf" so you can mix and match strains from the same price range, while still getting the discount for buying in bulk. For all I know that's already how it works.
You're not technically allowed to even touch bud you're looking at but dispensaries bend rules. In this particular case I was (emphasize past tense) on excellent terms with the owner and he knew I wouldn't screw with his herb or him. At any rate my beef with him was (and still is) that he misrepresents mids and sells them as top shelf. At one time it was my favorite dispensary -- it's now turned into MJ version of the Gap.

Pappy,

SalamiCity

That's weird, it should all vape to be the same brownish color, but i have no clue, because I havent; vape everything out there. I say find a new dispensary, because this dude obviously is trying something fishy.

SalamiCity,
Top Bottom