opinions/comparisons on portable vaporizer wanted...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtnsurf20

I was thinking about buying the Pax Ploom. Thought I'd try to get some feedback before I lay out $250. I've only used the Pax once on vacation. Seemed like it worked, but I got better effect with a glass/water pipe. I like the size of the Pax and variable heat settings, but would like to hear opinions on other products. I like the concept of portable vap because it doesn't burn your product and I wouldn't be inhaling lighter fumes for health reasons etc.

Thanks for any info

mtnsurf20,

JoeKickass

Pax is the smallest, taste is OK but not great.
Inh XP is most powerful, taste is better.
FlashVape can save bud and is a good backup.
Cera LL conserves too and tastes good.
Ascent is new and seems to be quite powerful yet tastes good.

Can't go wrong with any but if you only use tiny amounts I would recommend the FV or Cera LL.
If you have patience I'd read up on the Ascent while we're waiting for the official release.

clouded vision

If you could let us know what you are looking for from a portable we can give a lot better advice. do you want conservation, stealth, battery life, what's your tolerance, what's your budget. there are many options out there and I wouldn't buy based on looks alone.

Tweek

If you want the punch of snapping a bowl through a tube, then Cera is not a good choice IMO. tastes great, but the small bowl size and light to medium vapor it produces probably won't satisfy you.

What temp did you try the PAX at? The high setting is more smoke like...tastes like crap, but I find it has a good punch. I've never tried the Inhalator, but it looks like it can milk up a piece pretty nicely, and has a good reputation. I do believe that it is lower maintenance than the PAX, although not as sexy. More temp options as well vs the PAX.

Tweek,

whogotvape

banned G Pen spammer
I was thinking about buying the Pax Ploom. Thought I'd try to get some feedback before I lay out $250. I've only used the Pax once on vacation. Seemed like it worked, but I got better effect with a glass/water pipe. I like the size of the Pax and variable heat settings, but would like to hear opinions on other products. I like the concept of portable vap because it doesn't burn your product and I wouldn't be inhaling lighter fumes for health reasons etc.

Thanks for any info

I haven't used the Pax personally, but know from my research that if you're looking for something discreet with minimal or no odor, this product wouldn't be a good choice. No matter if the device is vaporizing the dry herb, there will always be some sort of smell lingering. Not worth the price and can't use with oils or waxes yet. I do however recommend the Micro G vaporizer by Grenco Science (G Pen) to be used for all public events and outings. About half the price too. I have read an article they are almost done perfecting a version of a dry herb tank. The Pen could pass for an e-cig or portable hookah.

whogotvape,

mtnsurf20

Thanks for the replies. I honestly don't know much about vaporizers & have only smoked from them a few times. I'm basically looking for one that works well & is reliable. My lungs/throat are a little sensitive, so don't really like bowls or joints. I have a few water pipes but they are not practical for traveling. I'd be willing to pay up to $400 or so for a solid product.

I'd probably use in at home or hiking/camping or before mtn biking so keeping the smell down isn't a big priority. I'd want something that I could use with 2 or 3 friends without having to repack it too often. Basically I'm looking for something that I can get the most out of as how well it works to get me high & won't break. It doesn't have to be as small as the Pax, but I don't want a big one to carry on trips. I don't think I'd use it more than once a day. Probably don't want one that makes the product taste like crap. 2 things i really like the taste of is good pot & hoppy beer :)

Thanks again for feedback

clouded vision

you should probably look at either the inh xp or the ascent which is yet to be released. I haven't tried the xp but from what I have read it looks good
I always like to suggest the arizer solo because I love mine so much. it does have small bowls but they cool siren quickly to make reloading easy. you can also get one of eds wood stems for when you are out. you could also get a gong stem abd use it with your water pipes.

clouded vision,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

mtnsurf20

If you are as interested in good flavor as I am, its hard the beat the Solo, IMO, except with the addition of a good beer like Pliny the Elder.

Couldn't agree more. Pliney the Elder & younger are two of the best beers I've had. Too bad I can't get either one in Pittsburgh. Had them in Calif or Oregon though. Thanks for the info on the Solo

mtnsurf20,

convotutor

If you are as interested in good flavor as I am, its hard the beat the Solo, IMO, except with the addition of a good beer like Pliny the Elder.

Hi
I just got my solo a month ago and i find that the flavour of the weed is really good/strong on first 4 draws and then becomes more mellow.
Do you find this to be the case as well or is it Mr just getting used to the flavour?

Thanks

convotutor,

hoptimum

Hi
I just got my solo a month ago and i find that the flavour of the weed is really good/strong on first 4 draws and then becomes more mellow.
Do you find this to be the case as well or is it Mr just getting used to the flavour?

Thanks

Which temperature setting are you using?

hoptimum,

hoptimum

I use at 3 or 4 heat setting.

Thats pretty much what I do as well but I don't notice the flavor diminishing. You could try taking the stem out once you notice the flavor getting worse and seeing what the contents look like, how dark it is, etc. its possible that the settings are not uniform and you could try starting even as low as 2 to see what happens. Grind and herb quality could also be factors.

clouded vision

Hi

Thanks
that will happen with any direct draw vaporizer because most of the terpenes vaporize at a lower temperature than the cannabinoids and that is where the flavor is. If you don't notice the flavor diminishes then maybe you are just so high you don't notice lol. There isdefinitely still flavor throughout but not as much. this should be pretty much the same with any direct draw vaporizer. If you pack less per bowl and just repack frequently you should be able to get pretty much all of the flavor and actives at the same time

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Hi

Thanks
I might be doing it wrong?
I use level 4 through water path.
10 rips of pure joy!
TOP SHELF STRAINS ONLY!
Bunk weed is not permitted!

convotutor

that Thankswill happen with any direct draw vaporizer because most of the terpenes vaporize at a lower temperature than the cannabinoids and that is where the flavor is. If you don't notice the flavor diminishes then maybe you are just so high you don't notice lol. There isdefinitely still flavor throughout but not as much. this should be pretty much the same with any direct draw vaporizer. If you pack less per bowl and just repack frequently you should be able to get pretty much all of the flavor and actives at the same time

Thank you.
Your explanation makes sense to me. Prob combination of too high to tell and the temp of flavour terpene...lol
I don't think its the quality of greens as I get them from a medical dispensary...
On a side note. How many draws are you supposed to get from a bowl?
It seems like theres vapor coming out even at > 15 draws.

convotutor,
Reactions: ataxian

max

Out to lunch
convotutor said:
How many draws are you supposed to get from a bowl?
Always a difficult question to answer for any model, since there are quite a few variables. The #1 issue is that a 'draw/hit' can vary a lot from person to person. Even if you watch a video of someone taking a hit, you can't judge how hard they're drawing. And with a vape, draw speed can affect the temp, adding yet another variable, since a hard draw will often lower the vaping temp, quite possibly increasing the number of hits you'll get.

clouded vision said:
If you pack less per bowl
That's the best way to avoid multiple hits with bad flavor. As you vape a bowl, you continue to heat and hit herb that's already been vaped (ABV). That 'spent flavor' tends to spoil the flavor of the remaining herb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom