• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Opinion on a press I found on ebay

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Room space and affordability were my roadblocks to going large for a 20 ton press.

It was only a matter of time before somebody invented an effective rosin extraction method for the little guy that does not require a 20 ton frame press for high yields. A complete set-up starting at about $150 that actually works very, very, well.

My setup takes up about 2 square feet and everything fits inside a 16 inch tool bag. I can do a run from zero to rosin in under 5 minutes no problem.

:myday:

Thats awesome.

Indeed, it was only a matter of time. I always wanted to rip a pair of hair straighteners apart and make a vice thing, but as with so many things, I just never got round to it. That and pressing large amounts led me down the road of a massive, unwieldy press in the end :D

If it werent for that, I'd probably be doing exactly the same thing as you.

EmDeemo,
Reactions: steama

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
slug33s have nothing to do with hair straighteners but are high quality tools (30% capable) that address a need in the market like keeping more cheddar in your pocket and space to keep that vintage jukebox instead of a harbor freight 20 ton press. lol! To each his own my friend.

If I had bought a 20 ton press I probably would feel exactly like you.

:cool:

Oh I'm very happy with the press I have, for sure. Small amounts, large amounts, I'm loving it. I just mean when I was doing small amounts, I always wanted something that was a bit more pressure than just what my puny little hands and arms can provide, and buying something someone else has made would be my preference as I just never get round to doing stuff :D

Jukebox size just about covers it :D

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
The rosin forge is accomplishing that compression and heat in a different more effective way than applying brute force on top of a wad of bud. If your pucks are dry, hard, and rosin free who could ask for anymore than that?

The reason slug33 rosin forge works so well is the design. Basically you end up with a uniformed puck (like a tool from a die) with all the rosin sitting on the parchment and the spent puck empty and as hard as a rock. I call that well done for the strength in my human arms.

It is like lost wax casting with the rosin being the wax, as in being forced out.

:nod:

Yeah man, thats what I mean. I'd be buying a slug if it werent for my extra needs.

I dunno about brute force tho, its 20 tons of pure love over here :)

EmDeemo,
Reactions: steama
Top Bottom