Discontinued Minicron, Minicron Lite and Ophos Oil Vaporizers

havock69

What is the difference between the ophos or the omicron light? I thought the light used the same type of batteries as the omicron, but I was reading the description online and it said it had an usb charger?

havock69,

photobooth

I believe the standard response is that the Omicron Light has "better electronics" but the two are basically the same? Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

photobooth,
Reactions: Caligula

StickyShisha2

I believe the standard response is that the Omicron Light has "better electronics" but the two are basically the same? Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

true and true

but the Ophos has an additional outer threading, that some people want for their e-cig tank stuff.

i believe both units allow use while charging (not really a "pass through") which i found to be great with my Ophos. it seemed most powerful when fully charged and USB power is everywhere now, so i was always topping it off.

Caligula

Maximus
What is the difference between the ophos or the omicron light? I thought the light used the same type of batteries as the omicron, but I was reading the description online and it said it had an usb charger?

As was stated above, the Omicron-Lite and O-Phos are very similar. Main differences being form factor, and the addition of 510 outer threading. Both units (IIRC) use the same non-removable battery and are charged via a standard USB (not micro USB like most non iPhones have) port.

IMG_7630.jpg
(photo credit @ G)
IMO, unless you own e-juice stuff you want to use on the O-Phos, Im thinking the Omicron-Lite is the better buy. Its a tad bit shorter, and you can use almost any of the 3.7v Omicron or Persei carts without having a big gap of exposed outer threading, like with the O-Phos. Only way to avoid that is to buy O-Phos specific carts.

Of course, I'd still rather carry a standard Omicron v2.x with the SS kit (shorter tube and battery for a much shorter overall profile). That way you have the expandability of the beefier Omicron unit as well as removable batteries which is a big bonus IMO... however that's a more pricey option.

Maybe one of these would be the middle ground, assuming you dont need to use it all day between charges?

http://www.vaporwarehouse.com/site/omicron-mini-vaporizer.html#.Uw-3UPldXm4

It even comes with an HVD top and a KISS cart which is pretty badass.

Anyway, the obvious trade off here is much reduced battery life, but the KISS carts sip juice anyway AND it uses removable batteries, so you can have two and hot swap them.

I've never tried concentrates before, so I'm looking to pick up an Omicron Light to get my feet wet.

In comparison to the Solo, what can I expect in terms of vapor harshness, density, and draw resistance?

How does the Nibbler X or Okeanos compare with a standalone bubbler like the D020? Portability isn't a huge concern.

The Solo is mainly a flower vape, so you cant really compare the two. Id say competition for the Omicron Lite would be something like the Dr Dabber, VB Dabbler, BHOLT, etc... Also draw resistance isnt usually a factor with these style carts. That should be about equal across the board.

As for the Nibbler and Okeanos, Ive yet to use them so Ill have to defer to someone like @Sleepin in CA who's the resident pro. I can tell you that using my W9 products through my bubbler is a very pleasing experience though. However, if portability isnt an issue and you already have the bubbler, thats your cheapest and best bet IMO.

Last edited:

Enchantre

Oil Painter
So, today for work I took my O-Phos. Only needed to use it every two hours (that's amazing), and the quality of my medicated-ness was quite noticeably better. From yesterday with my other pen. Same exact shatter in both, too.

Yup. I'm happy I got it.

havock69

Whats the difference between the regular omicron to vs hvd?

As was stated above, the Omicron-Lite and O-Phos are very similar. Main differences being form factor, and the addition of 510 outer threading. Both units (IIRC) use the same non-removable battery and are charged via a standard USB (not micro USB like most non iPhones have) port.

IMG_7630.jpg
(photo credit @ G)
IMO, unless you own e-juice stuff you want to use on the O-Phos, Im thinking the Omicron-Lite is the better buy. Its a tad bit shorter, and you can use almost any of the 3.7v Omicron or Persei carts without having a big gap of exposed outer threading, like with the O-Phos. Only way to avoid that is to buy O-Phos specific carts.

Of course, I'd still rather carry a standard Omicron v2.x with the SS kit (shorter tube and battery for a much shorter overall profile). That way you have the expandability of the beefier Omicron unit as well as removable batteries which is a big bonus IMO... however that's a more pricey option.

Maybe one of these would be the middle ground, assuming you dont need to use it all day between charges?

http://www.vaporwarehouse.com/site/omicron-mini-vaporizer.html#.Uw-3UPldXm4

It even comes with an HVD top and a KISS cart which is pretty badass.

Anyway, the obvious trade off here is much reduced battery life, but the KISS carts sip juice anyway AND it uses removable batteries, so you can have two and hot swap them.

The Solo is mainly a flower vape, so you cant really compare the two. Id say competition for the Omicron Lite would be something like the Dr Dabber, VB Dabbler, BHOLT, etc... Also draw resistance isnt usually a factor with these style carts. That should be about equal across the board.

As for the Nibbler and Okeanos, Ive yet to use them so Ill have to defer to someone like @Sleepin in CA who's the resident pro. I can tell you that using my W9 products through my bubbler is a very pleasing experience though. However, if portability isnt an issue and you already have the bubbler, thats your cheapest and best bet IMO.

havock69,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
the hvd top that comes with that mini, is that click on click off? or hold down button to take hit, then release.

kushcabbage,

Caligula

Maximus
Whats the difference between the regular omicron to vs hvd?

the hvd top that comes with that mini, is that click on click off? or hold down button to take hit, then release.

The HVD top is an upgraded unit over the stock Omicron top. IIRC, its designed to run both 3.7v and 7.4v (if matched with the appropriate batteries and tube/bottom or even better a W9 "The Core" attachment) and its water resistant! Not sure about the one click feature though. Ive only seen them in person for the Persei.

Caligula,

Caligula

Maximus
The hardware in the tops are different. IIRC the 2.5 has short protection? Also I vaguely remember something about a auto shutoff timer... I'd have to look that up to be sure since I'm mainly familiar with the Persei. Sorry.

In ether case they are great units and W9s warranty is rock sold

Caligula,

havock69

I was considering getting the mini setup as well as the 2.0 with no warranty for 50 bucks plus the 85 for the mini with TI KISS cart, then I can give my girlfriend my ophos.

havock69,

nao12000

W9 Tech Rep
Company Rep
can you buy the longer tube separetely as well as the different bottom cap?
Yes ,you can purchase the different bottom cap from vaporwarehouse. We don't have them up. The longer or standard tube not at this point. I will say this one of the issues the 2.0 version is the tube is kinda finicky and doesn't always thread to other pieces so the 2.0 head seems to work with its tube and that's it . In most of the units not all.
Also I only recommend using 2.4 standard carts on them it's when you drop down to 1.5 ohm they have issues. The 2 .0 doesn't like lower ohms.

nao12000,
Reactions: Caligula

havock69

Yes ,you can purchase the different bottom cap from vaporwarehouse. We don't have them up. The longer or standard tube not at this point. I will say this one of the issues the 2.0 version is the tube is kinda finicky and doesn't always thread to other pieces so the 2.0 head seems to work with its tube and that's it . In most of the units not all.
Also I only recommend using 2.4 standard carts on them it's when you drop down to 1.5 ohm they have issues. The 2 .0 doesn't like lower ohms.

so I wouldn't be able to thread a 2.0 to a HVD top?

havock69,

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Here's something I've noticed.

The little instruction fold-out says to not use a metal pokey thing, in order to not damage the wick/coil.
I have found that the Vapir NO2 little bamboo sticks work GREAT for dabbing, and for gently scooping up oil that's settled in the bottom of the heater KISS cart.

Can't find anything at all like it at w9tech. Hmm.

Enchantre,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
You may be able to but some of the v2 tubes didnt thread well with other units. I just want to give you a heads up .
is the hvd top that comes with the mini setup a click on click off or a hold and click while you hit and let go to power off? thanks

kushcabbage,

nao12000

W9 Tech Rep
Company Rep
@kushcabbage hvd head should be normal button push in to use release unit is off .

@Enchantre we do not have any sort of pokers that we retail at the moment . I do find that the bamboo skewer you get for shish kabobs at grocery store work well .

Dangus

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
Been using the Omicron Lite with the TI Kiss for a week or two now...so far *so* good!

Past pens including the dart, the VIP, Sticky Wax, various fasttech carts etc and they just don't compare.

The taste is *very* clean. Nice large hits too...though sometimes I find myself overloading which can be a hassle for a bit...I also found that a fresh charge seems to drive the Kiss cart the best...

Starting to go down the wormhole and reading about the herc...While I dig my current setup, it seems like I might have to head down that road as well...

Cheers!

ryan8

Nano / Hammer / LSV / O-Phos / D020

Thanks for your help. Just got my O-Phos Ti from @PlanetVape yesterday, and have been super happy with it. Love how portable and discrete it is. Not as harsh as I had anticipated (much less than, say, a Solo at 7, comparable to maybe a 3), but am glad I picked up a water tool adapter as well to use it with my D020.

My only other vape experience is the Solo, and I love how unfussy the O-Phos is: not having to wait for it to heat up, grind up herbs, or dump out the ABV afterwards. I wish it had a slightly higher capacity though, so I don't have to reload between each session.

Caligula

Maximus
Im glad I could help! Perhaps when the time comes you can step up to a Persei/Hercules when you desire more power can capacity.

Caligula,
Reactions: ryan8

ryan8

Nano / Hammer / LSV / O-Phos / D020
That's what I'm afraid of! To think that only a few months ago I was still rolling joints.

Pretty happy with the O-Phos, so I'm looking to pick up an e-nano next (would have bought it already if the xmas discount were still active) to use with flowers. Looks like my collection will end up looking super similar to yours :>

I'm so satisfied with my O-Phos that I'd probably be looking to sell my Solo now if I didn't still have a bunch of flowers left over. I think the Solo is a great starter device to figure out what I wanted from a vape, and it turns out I like taking fewer, denser hits, and dislike draw restriction. The O-phos will cover my portable/walk around needs, so it means I can look for a more powerful, plug in device.

ryan8,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi Thc, I would to order a kiss cart to pair it with the e-cig battery I use with my omicron 1.5 ohm cartridges, which cart might I choose?, the Ophos, Lite, Omicron V2 or Persei?

Help please I'm a little bit confused...

ps: I got 2 batteries, one ego 650mah and one VV 3.2-4.8V and 650mah, perhaps it's help...

PPN,
Top Bottom