Discontinued Minicron, Minicron Lite and Ophos Oil Vaporizers

Vitolo

Vaporist
eGo vs. 510 Thread, what is the difference?
eGo and 510 are simply names for a threading on a battery or a connection on the vaping device

All eGo’s can accept BOTH eGo and 510 devices because the inside of an eGo thread is actually a 510

Take a look at a typical ego threading
ego-510-thread.jpg

The outside thread is an EGO THREAD
The inside thread is a 510 THREAD
So you can put any eGo or 510 device onto an eGo battery.

The same is NOT true for 510, in some cases you can screw on a eGo to a 510 only device, but it doesn’t always work or is underpowered. There are 510 to eGo adapters to make to process easier but it is generally for Mods or devices that can handle an eGo cartomizer/clearomizer

The original purpose of an eGo thread was to make everything “bigger” and the thread was also a bonus that let companies design “cones” that would hide the threading and make a 510 on an eGo battery look better on the larger eGo batteries.

So bottom line:
You can use any 510 on any eGo and you can use almost any eGo on a 510 with a proper adapter.

This post was courtesy of Discount Vapers

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
The Ophos is not a 510 thread, however it does have an ego thread. You can attach any 601 cart on it but it won't have the decorative skirt if its not Ophos specific.
I just knew it was the different one, always assumed it was 510 for some reason. Thanks, dude.

Thanks.

I have some old Ti Kiss cartridges that need a good cleaning, they are like 6 months old.

The manual says not to submerse them in ISO, but isn't that the best way people clean them?
That is kind of weird, I've never been told to clean it any differently on the forums. Worked for me for so far, I don't soak the plastic mp in iso though.

StormyPinkness,
Reactions: Jman5280

Nube Scrutator

Cloud Searcher...
I just knew it was the different one, always assumed it was 510 for some reason. Thanks, dude.

That is kind of weird, I've never been told to clean it any differently on the forums. Worked for me for so far, I don't soak the plastic mp in iso though.

Your welcome fellow FC'er, looks like you just don't own one (not in your sig list).

I soak my kiss carts in iso with no issues. Just make sure they are dry before putting them back in service. For the mp's, just wipe/qtip with iso.

detroit_fan

I could use a little help deciding if the omicron lite would fit my needs or if there is another one of your products that would be better for me. i would like a pen that can be put into my pocket to be discreet, but i would like something that can be loaded only once with some shatter and be good for the day. i'd like this pen for situations like family vacations where i can load it in the morning, but will probably not have another chance until the end of the day.

detroit_fan,

FeelingFactory

Your welcome fellow FC'er, looks like you just don't own one (not in your sig list).

I soak my kiss carts in iso with no issues. Just make sure they are dry before putting them back in service. For the mp's, just wipe/qtip with iso.

I thought iso soaks were the generally accepted method of cleaning titanium KISS carts, but after trying it myself I had doubts so thanks for posting this. For some reason, the cart tastes pretty bad now after cleaning. I let it dry overnight then lightly pulsed the button to try to evaporate any residual junk until it wouldn't trail dry iso vapor as much, maybe the dry heating caused the off taste. That cart hasn't been used more than once since cleaning, so it's hanging out as a backup in case it can be restored. While cleaning, it seemed the dark ceramic wick kept letting out more and more black reclaim, maybe it just needs a longer soak. Anyway, good to know others are using iso as well, but with success. I wonder if the same cleaning methods can be applied to the nichrome KISS carts, I have a couple older as backups too if they can be cleaned.

FeelingFactory,

cnnacultvtr

Anyone know a way to order a TI kiss for ophos with a black wick? Specifically a black wick. or do we just get it by default? Thanks...

cnnacultvtr,
Reactions: NorVape

cnnacultvtr

I believe you are mistaken...i purchased one and the wick is white. i wanna know because my experience with the black one has outpreformed the white.

cnnacultvtr,

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
There were many KISS cartridges made with titanium wire and white ceramic. Black ceramic is newer. Globes were introduced more recently than the cartridges, all globes Nichrome or Titanium have black wicks.

SamuraiSam,

cnnacultvtr

They dont match? Ok thanks for your responses. i prefer the black wick! Taste and preformance are superior to white in my opinion. Gonna have to order a rebuild kit with a supply of black ceramic. Now i just need a skilled tech to fix when needed. i dont know if im patient enough.

cnnacultvtr,

Jerrymech

I've purchased several ti kiss carts directly from w9tech over the past 6 months and theyve all been black ceramic. If you call them before you order I'm sure they'll tell you what you're gonna get. Hope that helps.

Jerrymech,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Currently black ceramics is on the omicron Persei threads black version only. We are slowly phasing out our older versions and replacing them with black ceramic.

On a side note.

Not sure if I mentioned this but the Kiss Alpha Centauri will go into production in 2 weeks. Stay tuned for more information like price and other things. The final version is not going to be what the price is listed on the site because of what the finished product is but I'm confident you guys are going to love it.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I could use a little help deciding if the omicron lite would fit my needs or if there is another one of your products that would be better for me. i would like a pen that can be put into my pocket to be discreet, but i would like something that can be loaded only once with some shatter and be good for the day. i'd like this pen for situations like family vacations where i can load it in the morning, but will probably not have another chance until the end of the day.

The kiss mini is tiny and can be loaded up with about .4, also comes with their new tiny vape. The eo carts can take a .5 load and can go on their smallest vape like the minicron lite or vaporiser. The mini is easier to use and load, but isn't sold desperately right now. I haven't used shatter with either of those carts though. The kiss carts are load as you go, but some people load those up with a bunch of shatter instead of a little at a time. I don't have experience with that though, I've only used shatter in my 7.4v persei/hercules combo. I'd ask this question in the persei thread too, it's a lot more active. I'm sure some of them have done shatter in 3.7 carts.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I've been using a high grade shatter in the kiss mini with great results. Loading anywhere from .1-.4g depending on my mood.

Perfect, I've got tons of shatter, I'm going to throw some in there. I can't wait until those are sold separately, it's the perfect thing for me to take to hockey games so I've been using it sparingly until I can get some backups. Security doesn't look twice at it and no fumbling around trying to load it in a crowd. The perfect replacement for my eo carts which I like, but don't love.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

pinguru

Hey guys. I'm pretty new to the vaporizer business. Please excuse my english, it's not my native language. I have an Arizer Solo, but I didn't use it for a long time. Since i made another effort in giving up smoking, I took the Solo out of the garage and gave it a try. That was nice! Now I'm looking for a new device, which is specialized in vaporizing hash. I noticed, that they sell a lot of different styles of weed/hash in the states like wax, oil, shatter, etc... which is strange to me. In Switzerland, where I live, you won't get any of these products, unless you fabricate it yourself. So my question is: if I want to vape pure hash (from soft, sticky charras to hard and dry maroc), is a device like the omicron or the ophos the right choice for me?

pinguru,
Reactions: NorVape

NorVape

Vape Rictim
No, it won't work. I'm European, and vape a lotta import hashes, from light polm to soft dark. These vapes need something that melts away, and our hash would just burn and clog a pen vape.

Actually, in my opinion the best vape for that is made in your country. The Swiss Vapman with what I believe is called "concentrate sieves" in their webshop is perfect for vaping hash that doesn't fully melt away when heated.

Read more about it in the Vapman thread :)

detroit_fan

The kiss mini is tiny and can be loaded up with about .4, also comes with their new tiny vape. The eo carts can take a .5 load and can go on their smallest vape like the minicron lite or vaporiser. The mini is easier to use and load, but isn't sold desperately right now. I haven't used shatter with either of those carts though. The kiss carts are load as you go, but some people load those up with a bunch of shatter instead of a little at a time. I don't have experience with that though, I've only used shatter in my 7.4v persei/hercules combo. I'd ask this question in the persei thread too, it's a lot more active. I'm sure some of them have done shatter in 3.7 carts.
Thanks. I actually ended up purchasing the omicron lite with regular kiss and eo cart shortly after posting. Do you happen to know if the kiss mini fits the omicron lite?

Last edited:
Top Bottom