Open Source Glass Thread

vinnyzan

Torus and Fc 1000 arrived in NY, I ordered on the 4th so it looks like the dhgate gods are with me on this one.

Fingers crossed usps dosent re route it to another state.

MilkyMondays

So Im all for copying a design, but why go to the extreme and make it a bootleg/counterfeit? Seems awfully silly when it works the same without someone else's logo.

On a side note I love these threads but Im pretty sure all the old fake pax threads were deleted. And if fuckcombustion doesn't condone counterfeiting... It does not seem prudent to mess up all this good discussion with bootlegging logo topics. But that's my :2c:

Literally everything is a copy of everything. Steven does all copies. The video is used to show function and the glass rings for the added scientific aesthetic. I don't want it to actually have the logo, just look similar. Have you seen the steven's mini pillar, the diffusion pump, the dabuccino? The binary matrix is a sick perc and I want to dab out of it for cheap. I feel like you're singling this design out.

@vinnyzan did you get the newest torus with the slitted perc?

MilkyMondays,

wolfJflywheel

Literally everything is a copy of everything. Steven does all copies. The video is used to show function and the glass rings for the added scientific aesthetic. I don't want it to actually have the logo, just look similar. Have you seen the steven's mini pillar, the diffusion pump, the dabuccino? The binary matrix is a sick perc and I want to dab out of it for cheap. I feel like you're singling this design out.

It sounds like he's as on board with a binary matrix copy as the rest of us, he was just referring to this aspect of your post:

Icing on the cake? The little M logo joint support.

That reads like you're asking for a counterfeit of the mobius piece, not just a generic copy of a binary matrix. Not saying you are, that's just what it reads like.

Personally I think the piece would look cooler with just a standard joint support. I think that the mobius logo joint support looks silly and vulnerable to breakage (especially if it's China glass).

vinnyzan

@vinnyzan did you get the newest torus with the slitted perc?
I hope so, here is the link http://m.dhgate.com/product/product...h-quality-glass/218127026.html/218127026.html

He has a couple of diffrent ones listed so its kind of confusing

vinnyzan,

Likes2vape

So I talked to Steven just to verify these Torus are actually finished since he was working on finishing 100 straight fab last time we spoke.

He has 50 of these beauty done right now so grab one before they're gone.
rBVaGVVr0HyAUv_4AAUlNH-y7Us515.jpg
http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/advance-booking-2015-new-high-quality-glass/218127026.html
This is less than 5% the cost of the real thing

Mine arrived today and this thing is absolutely flawless. All the percs fire and it looks just like the picture. So glad I bought this piece, well worth the money!!!! This thing rips!! Love it!!!

vinnyzan

Mine arrived today and this thing is absolutely flawless. All the percs fire and it looks just like the picture. So glad I bought this piece, well worth the money!!!! This thing rips!! Love it!!!
You get a chance to hook it up to any vapes yet ? Based on what I heard about restriction on previous versions of the torus Im expecting this to be more for use with concentrates

vinnyzan,

Likes2vape

I've used it with my wax rda, waiting on my first vape though. It works great with concentrates for sure!!!!

Likes2vape,

MilkyMondays

It sounds like he's as on board with a binary matrix copy as the rest of us, he was just referring to this aspect of your post:

That reads like you're asking for a counterfeit of the mobius piece, not just a generic copy of a binary matrix. Not saying you are, that's just what it reads like.

Personally I think the piece would look cooler with just a standard joint support. I think that the mobius logo joint support looks silly and vulnerable to breakage (especially if it's China glass).
Yeah you're right-- I guess I was thinking of having that type of joint support without a logo? But now that I think about it you're right. I would totally hate to get us shut down for something stupid like that anyways, I apologize guys :doh:

gigaurora

Copy designs to hell and back, but don't put fake labels.

I'll buy a piece that imitates someones design, but i won't buy a piece imitating to be someones work. As someone who makes things, I would be so much more pissed off at having my name attached to sub par your standard of work than have people think your designs are dope and use em.

rakka

Vaped
Anyone tried Steven's Torus with the Solo yet? I'm not expecting any vortex/recycling except when clearing the hit but other than that does it pair well? Cheers :D

Zingbuddah

Vaporologist
Got the latest Torus clone in....unbelievable piece for the price.

Pros
-Straight percs, mouthpiece
-Recycler function works (if filled 50%+)
-Shipped unbelievably fast

Cons
-Requires an initial hard pull if filled
-Requires too much water to make it work well

I like a good amount of water in my piece so I'm not unhappy with that fact that it takes a bit to get it going.

I might just pick up a spare :)

GSH

On a Möbius plane

Pros

Cons

I like a good amount of water in my piece so I'm not unhappy with that fact that it takes a bit to get it going.

Just got mine in today as well...agree with all of this. It is a lot bigger than I expected too!

GSH

On a Möbius plane
is it Chuggy?
Not really, the perc fires really nicely, but you do need a large volume of water to get it to vortex, so that in itself makes it chuggier than if the water level was lower...

I can't really get it to vortex with a vape attached, but with the e-nail its fine.

As for the quality, well I have to say it is very good indeed, the glass is very thick, probably the thickest piece I have from China, I think.

Will try and get a video up over the weekend :D

Last edited:

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
Not really, the perc fires really nicely, but you do need a large volume of water to get it to vortex, so that in itself makes it chuggier than if the water level was lower...

I can't really get it to vortex with a vape attached, but with the e-nail its fine.

As for the quality, well I have to say it is very good indeed, the glass is very thick, probably the thickest piece I have from China, I think.

Will try and get a video up over the weekend :D

This V3 TorusKO sounds not much different than the V2?

NickDlow

Log Hog

Pros

Cons

Are these torus's the ones with the new pec?

Zingbuddah

Vaporologist
Yep new slit perc. The new perc is way better than the 4-hole.

Agree with @GSH that it takes a bit to get the function going....not a chug but steady volume.

There is that initial resistance that is there...but it doesn't detract.

I've used the real version multiple times and you don't need near as much volume or get the initial resistance.

It does look 200% sexier in person.

NickDlow

Log Hog
Yep new slit perc. The new perc is way better than the 4-hole.

Agree with @GSH that it takes a bit to get the function going....not a chug but steady volume.

There is that initial resistance that is there...but it doesn't detract.

I've used the real version multiple times and you don't need near as much volume or get the initial resistance.

It does look 200% sexier in person.

Great, thanks now I have to spend more money lol.

vinnyzan

Is it Chuggy?
Still trying diffrent water levels, only took a couple dabs and a quick nano sesh so far, will definitely try to give you an idea of how it functions after a couple of days.

The base on this thing is pretty freakin solid, it definitely has a heavy feel to it,must be some thick glass... I don't think the function of this peice will be life changing but the aesthetics are nice

Last edited:

Likes2vape

I have been using the v3 torus with my LSV and it is hitting awesome. I get the vortex action with every hit. It is a little chuggy on the initial pull but smooth sailing after that.

I am throughly impressed at the quality and thickness of this piece. I have already had a buddy want to buy it off me.

Top Bottom