Open Source Glass Thread

Is this the FC-242? http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/2015-new-20cm-height-glass-bongs-recycler/235567500.html

RvWo8yY.jpg

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Wasn't the FC-242 going to be the matrix rexcyler with dual uptakes?
Yep

Not the FC-242, for the aforementioned reasons.

That piece will not function properly. The bubbles will flow right up the outlet tube and up to the vortex chamber, killing any chance of seeing the vortex action everyone wants. It's skip the piece in this picture if I was you.

caphector

Got my FC-torus tonight. It's my first piece in this style of glass. Unfortunate I'm away from my vapes this weekend so I can't post any milk shots.

When I fill it to the bottom of the funnel and do a vigerous pull — harder than I would normally from my Underdog — I get a nice vortex in the vortex chamber and a lot of bubbles in the can.

When I pull with the same force I'd use with my Underdog, I get some bubbles but not enough to put water in the vortex chamber. I'll need to test this with my vape to see if I can vortex and vape or if I just finish with a hard pull to clear the chamber and vortex.

caphector,
Reactions: ctxgooner

NickDlow

Log Hog
Posted this in cheap glass.

IMO the torus ko is an oil piece and not designed to be be restricted by a vape. I'm content with mine. I understood from the beginning it's a knockoff so it won't be perfect.

It works great with my Errlectric FQN but even better with my JoDa honey bucket. Most of the holes in the perc seem to fire for the most part. Draw speed is key imo. As @@Mister G said my water level is just under the funnel. Also I'm not blue in the face trying to get a vortex either. I like it as an oil piece. Nice cool flavorful vapor with minimal diffusion.

Monsoon

New straight fab video (tilt your head):

@blankrider Any chance you could get him to do the videos with a domeless nail or bowl to add restriction? It would give people a better idea of how it would perform in real life. Also if he's not going to edit his videos it would be nice if if could at least hold the camera the right way.

Dynalowrider

This might not be the place for this. If so sorry about that.
I have a question about the Orbiter. Has anyone tried warming up the glass, (without the stand), in the microwave? Just thought it might clean up easier.

Dynalowrider,
Reactions: snamuh

Monsoon

This might not be the place for this. If so sorry about that.
I have a question about the Orbiter. Has anyone tried warming up the glass, (without the stand), in the microwave? Just thought it might clean up easier.
Probably best belongs either in the MFLB mega thread or as a new thread under "Glass". This thread is about custom designs from China

terpy-froots

@NickDlow my Torus if finally in the states and I'm waiting for it to deliver from New York ISC. This should be interesting bc I have heard from multiple people the time it takes to get from NY ISC.

Anyways, thank you for the function video. It seems that the honey bucket pills the best. I was hoping the Enail would be awesome since that's what I was hoping to hold thei piece to.

Any other comments you'd like to provide? When I get my FC-Torus in, I will be sure to post a function video.

terpy-froots,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
It's here!
Matrix-pillar-bubbler has landed :rockon:

Matrix pillar had landed :D:rockon:
Here's a couple of quick water test Gifs :)

Normal speed, "normal" water level:
4fe4c1411f06db5f932f3c502a7a9a97.gif

The water level here is completely filling the lower matrix chamber, while keeping the dry chamber empty.

Seems to be perfect for getting full function with very little drag.

you wouldn't get the full pillar action with much less water, but it would definitely still function well if you wanted to drop the water level a little bit lower.

Slo-mo, higher water level:
8032522435927163ab110ab28ec1feab.gif

This was with maybe 1cm of water in the dry chamber.
With this much water you get more bubbling happening out of the top of the pillars.
It adds a bit of drag as there more water to move around, but it's still pretty low drag - less drag than the mini pillar.

First impressions after a water test is that I'm goddamn impressed :D
The whole piece has a nice weight to it, feels similar to the FC-187 construction wise.
No imperfections have jumped out at me, I have gone weeks without noticing little alignment issues in other pieces in the past, but this one looks quite nice :)
I really like the size of it, I've been wanting a nice larger piece for a while now.

Can't wait to give it a test run with the lsv and sub :D

@MGG - you've def gotta try this one man :)

terpy-froots

Apparently my UFO arrived in NYC last night, so I should have it by the weekend if not sooner.

I am in the same boat you are in. Probably on the same pallet.... My package is there as well, same seller, although different glass. We will see when they arrive :cool:

terpy-froots,
Reactions: snamuh

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Quoting from the cheap bubbler thread:
I also contacted CCG about some changes I'd like to see made to this guy. Here's the image I sent him to try to illustrate the improvements that I think should be made.

apdhev7.jpg

Hopefully he'll take an interest, because I think the function would be vastly improved and it'd be perfect for use with an e-nano or solo. As usual I'll keep my fingers crossed. If any of you would be interested in seeing those updates, hit up CCG! I'm sure he'd be down if we all are.

:disgust:

Look at the air flow of that piece...

You've put the perc coming off the bottom of the return funnel...
The perc would need to come off the inlet.
IMO you might need a little bit more space between the 1st perc and the honeycomb.
and the return tube would need to be dropped down a tiny bit

Something like this:
D_Kleinler.jpg

You've gotta be really careful when you're designing a piece - CCG isn't going to know if your design is backwards, if they decide to make the changes they'll just start knocking them out based on your design...

EDIT:
Just re-read that and it sounds really negative :(
I quite like the changes you proposed, and they'd actually make me MUCH more likely to buy the piece (that and drop the tacky Blue...), they've just gotta be done right :science:

GSH

On a Möbius plane
Quoting from the cheap bubbler thread:

:disgust:

Look at the air flow of that piece...

You've put the perc coming off the bottom of the return funnel...
The perc would need to come off the inlet.
IMO you might need a little bit more space between the 1st perc and the honeycomb.
and the return tube would need to be dropped down a tiny bit

Something like this:
D_Kleinler.jpg

You've gotta be really careful when you're designing a piece - CCG isn't going to know if your design is backwards, if they decide to make the changes they'll just start knocking them out based on your design...

EDIT:
Just re-read that and it sounds really negative :(
I quite like the changes you proposed, and they'd actually make me MUCH more likely to buy the piece (that and drop the tacky Blue...), they've just gotta be done right :science:
I quite like the piece on the right, but see no Grav Labs knockoff, but it would be better without the HC I reckon.

GSH,

S1N3

Tarzan @ KloudSociety
Can barely contain the excitement, got this message from Steven:

"Straight Fab start sell tomorrow,I will send u new video ad link."

Here is a image of the perc slits Steven sent.
VEodg60.jpg

Here is another Vid Uploaded today of the matrix pillar

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I am in the same boat you are in. Probably on the same pallet.... My package is there as well, same seller, although different glass. We will see when they arrive :cool:
STILL in fricking Garden City 4 days later. Oh well, no weekend fun after all. :(

cybrguy,
Top Bottom