One born every minute!

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
I would like to introduce to the FC community my son Aodhan, 1 hour old and weighing 7lb 15oz (8lb if you include the shit he had before being weighed :lol: )

He was born @ 5:45AM on 5th Feb 2016 and hopefully will be coming home with his Mum this evening.

k8GZTR7.jpg

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
Congratulations @1DMF
The gift of life truly is a miracle.
8 lbs gonna be big.
Enjoy my friend
Sorry congratulation too both of you...

Thanks, it was amazing to watch another human, being expelled from inside the women you love, nothing can truly describe it, or prepare you for that experience.

Though I'm a bit upset, the little git came out needing a haircut, he has more hair than me!

HD Springer

Very happy for you@1DMF and the Mrs. 1DMF
I always found it a mystery trying to figure what their little voices will sound like once they get older. For my youngest son he talks so much I often think back to when he was too young to talk.
Congratulations!!!!

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Congrats mate! He looks strong and healthy and has a good weight and tone to him! My first was a little on the yellow side when he came out but luckily we have been blessed with two healthy boys. We are expecting our 3rd, a girl on tuesday. Perhaps I can add to this thread once our baby Chloe joins us if you dont mind? @1DMF

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
Thanks everyone, hopefully I will be bringing both mum and son home today, as they didn't release them yesterday in the end.

Her iron levels are a little low and she lost more than normal amount of blood during delivery (I've never seen so much, don't know how I didn't faint!), so they are airing on the side of caution and keeping a close eye on things.

The paediatrician also had a look at Aodhan as they thought he may have jaundice, but everything is fine.

I must say, I have had a lot to say (negatively) about the UK NHS over the years, but I cannot fault the staff who have looked after both of us throughout this whole process, they really have been fantastic and a credit to the UK health system and not to mention completely free of charge (other than the car parking!!), some things really do make you proud to be British (doesn't happen often mind you!)

@nosmoking - good luck and congrats to you too, everyone please feel free to add your own pictures to this threads of your new born - (if happy to of course), if popular enough, perhaps we could turn this into the "Little FC'ers" thread?

@VegNVape - Yes, I've already thought about how embarrassing it's going to be when I ask his girlfriend (or boyfriend) if they'd like to see a picture of Aodhan, naked and covered in shit! :rofl:

Again thanks guys & gals, it's been a pleasure to meet the nice people here on FC and be able to share this experience with you :rockon::clap::love::rockon:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Dam I'm late on the congrats, but congratulations you and your misses, maybe the first of many?????

Glad everything went ok and you ended up with a healthy, happy baby.... thats all you can hope for...

On a side note, I can't stand the belly button peg thing, aways glad when that falls off...

Chicken Charlie

MicroDose Cognoscente
Thank-you for sharing your joy with this community. As a dad please don't underestimate your importance in turning this small, fragile, sack of fluid and bones into a loving, decent, and healthy citizen of the universe. Be informed, and aggressively involved in love as you're capable of letting yourself be.
Blessings to young Aodhan and your family.

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
On a side note, I can't stand the belly button peg thing, aways glad when that falls off...
You're not wrong, hope it falls off soon it's minging!

Then again the entire umbilicle cord is rank, looked like an un-ravelled brain, I had to politely turn down cutting it and look the other way, last thing the wife needed was me throwing up over her :uhoh:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Oh man you didn't cut the cord....
I snipped that shit good, even got some splatter on my face...it's so rubbery...
I don't mind that bit, i can happily skin animals so gore dont bother me..but yeah don't like the dried up bit...

I take it your home now and all is ok with mum and baby???

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
Oh man you didn't cut the cord....
No chance, I normally faint at the sight of blood or needles! The missus was well impressed I watched at all.

I take it your home now and all is ok with mum and baby???
Yes thanks, health visitor just left, all looks OK, bit of jaundice, but nothing to worry about as long as he keeps feeding every 3 hours.

Wish I hadn't burnt the candle at both ends quite so much in my youth, these all-nighters are killing me. I have no idea how single parents manage, the missus and I are playing tag team and taking it in turns to sleep.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Ha, it's funny, iv done so many all nighters in my youth, all weekenders, fuck I did 7 days 7 nights no sleep once...
But when you have to do it without the help of performance enhancing drugs, it's a different kettle of fish....

Your on paternity leave though right???
Your supposed to sleep when baby does..

I always used to keep a little joint near the steriliser for the late night feeding, used to help me get straight back to sleep, maybe you should keep your solo stem loaded and ready...

Even when the baby was sleeping, I used to lay awake listening to the dodgy baby breathing, ah I hate the ultra delicate stage, scared of damaging...
I'm much happier when they get a bit tougher and I can chuck them about...

Anyway, really happy for you, savour this moment, doesn't last long..

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
I was wondering when you were due. All been said already but for me I considered it a privilege to be part of a new borns life. I took 3 months off work when my 4lb 14 little one, little, arrived.
Nappies like postage stamps. Now a ten year old with attitude. Moments to savor.
All the best to all three of you.

Top Bottom