Omnicharge Portable Powerbank

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Ok, this might not look like much to you. Just another batter pack on a crowd funded site. Well that may be true but this one could be a game changer for some of you vape and enail enthusiasts!!

I already have the last crowd-funded powerbank with an AC adapter, the Chargetech 27,000mah. And it is great! I use it to power my enail with Liger in the woods for camping plus it charges my phones and devices.

Here it is here.
https://www.amazon.com/ChargeTech-Portable-Universal-MacBooks-Motorola/dp/B0116BX968

But now there is a new one that for $20 more ($179 total for the big one) you can add a feature that will allow it to allow it to output DC voltage from 5.5v -20v in .1v accuracy! That means you could use this as a portable power supply for ANY vape with the right adapter! You want a VVPS for your log on the go? HEre you go set it to 11.4v or 13.6v, whatever you want! You want to power the Mighty, set it to 12v, want to power the Milaana, switch it to 4.2v (or whatever works). Want to power your EVO, enail, or any other home vape on the go, plug it in to the 110v AC.
This is a cool product and I know I will be trying one! Log owners will love this one I think.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/...ct-portable-power-bank-smartphone-powerbank#/

OMNICHARGE_IGG_page_FINAL_update7-_1__01_dcctox.jpg

Last edited:

Justpassedu

Ok, this might not look like much to you. Just another batter pack on a crown funded site. Well that may be true but this one could be a game changer for some of you vape and enail enthusiasts!!

I already have the last crowd-funded powerbank with an AC adapter, the Chargetech 27,000mah. And it is great! I use it to power my enail with Liger in the woods for camping plus it charges my phones and devices.

Here it is here.
https://www.amazon.com/ChargeTech-Portable-Universal-MacBooks-Motorola/dp/B0116BX968

But now there is a new one that for $20 more ($179 total for the big one) you can add a feature that will allow it to allow it to output DC voltage from 5.5v -20v in .1v accuracy! That means you could use this as a portable power supply for ANY vape with the right adapter! You want a VVPS for your log on the go? HEre you go set it to 11.4v or 13.6v, whatever you want! You want to power the Mighty, set it to 12v, want to power the Milaana, switch it to 4.2v (or whatever works). Want to power your EVO, enail, or any other home vape on the go, plug it in to the 110v AC.
This is a cool product and I know I will be trying one! Log owners will love this one I think.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/...ct-portable-power-bank-smartphone-powerbank#/

That's pretty fucking awesome . I wish i had something like this during Hurricane Sandy . I just checked out the video and page , crazy it looks to only be using 4 18650 Panasonic cells from what i can see.

Last edited:
Justpassedu,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

herbivore21

Ok, this might not look like much to you. Just another batter pack on a crowd funded site. Well that may be true but this one could be a game changer for some of you vape and enail enthusiasts!!

Here it is here.

Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!

Monsoon

I've got 2 Omnicharge Pro's pre-ordered and so far it looks like they may actually deliver on time (October) for the first batch. I gave serious thought to upgrading to the DC-out but I just don't have a use for it and I can still use it with the AC adapter. I'll be using these mainly for my e-nail when I'm outside the home and as a general backup in case I lose power. I already have a 24,000mah Chargetech but I like the intelligent features like knowing the exact battery level and time left and I can recharge it with smaller USB packs while it's in use. Also this one will deliver a full 100W for my e-nail vs 85W for the Chargetech. I'll do a mini-review when it comes in.

One important thing to note is that it uses a modified sine wave instead of a pure one that you get with a normal socket. It shouldn't be an issue for most simple applications like charging or most vapes but it can cause problems for some devices with sensitive electronics inside. If you want to get one for the VapeXhale Evo for example I would double-check with them first since I remember reading that it needed a pure sine wave. I think that might be the case for the Auber units too.

If you order one specifically for the DC-out you'll have to get the Pro model, the smaller one doesn't offer it as an option.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I've got 2 Omnicharge Pro's pre-ordered and so far it looks like they may actually deliver on time (October) for the first batch. I gave serious thought to upgrading to the DC-out but I just don't have a use for it and I can still use it with the AC adapter. I'll be using these mainly for my e-nail when I'm outside the home and as a general backup in case I lose power. I already have a 24,000mah Chargetech but I like the intelligent features like knowing the exact battery level and time left and I can recharge it with smaller USB packs while it's in use. Also this one will deliver a full 100W for my e-nail vs 85W for the Chargetech. I'll do a mini-review when it comes in.

One important thing to note is that it uses a modified sine wave instead of a pure one that you get with a normal socket. It shouldn't be an issue for most simple applications like charging or most vapes but it can cause problems for some devices with sensitive electronics inside. If you want to get one for the VapeXhale Evo for example I would double-check with them first since I remember reading that it needed a pure sine wave. I think that might be the case for the Auber units too.

If you order one specifically for the DC-out you'll have to get the Pro model, the smaller one doesn't offer it as an option.

Sweet! For the small amount of money I highly suggest you add on the DC output feature even if it is just to charge a Mighty on the road or even for resell value. The wireless charging feature is awesome too but for vapes the variable DC output is priceless. It's only $20 and I have a feeling that is almost nothing in the grand scheme of your lifetime paraphernalia budget haha (you have some bad ass gear!:nod:)

mrbonsai420,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Monsoon

Sweet! For the small amount of money I highly suggest you add on the DC output feature even if it is just to charge a Mighty on the road or even for resell value. The wireless charging feature is awesome too but for vapes the variable DC output is priceless. It's only $20 and I have a feeling that is almost nothing in the grand scheme of your lifetime paraphernalia budget haha (you have some bad ass gear!:nod:)
Well too late now as my order is now locked in plus it would have added a month delay to my order. For vapes right now my main backup is the Evo which uses a direct plug and the Solo uses a small power adapter so not an issue. Maybe 99% of the time I use my e-nail with torch as a backup and edibles on the side, probably only use the battery pack once or twice a month as it is. I would've gotten it if I foresaw using more than once in a blue moon but I really don't see that happening.

Monsoon

Just an update, production and shipment was delayed due to a variety of issues and Canadian orders are supposed to ship in the next week or so. Once I get it I'll post a little review though I don't have too many vapes to test it with. You'll be happy to note @mrbonsai420 that I did end up upgrading to the DC-out on both so I'll have that if I ever need it.

Monsoon

My unit should have been here by late March but Canada Post apparently lost it :(. I'll probably get it next month since at the moment they can only bulk-ship internationally due to the new lithium ion regulations that came in thanks to Samsung.

If you're in the US though, they did a small test launch on Amazon for US residents if you want to one now. Currently in stock, fulfilled by Amazon.

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
So I missed out on the indigogo campaign but I bit the bullet and paid full rate on Amazon. I was considering a battery operated VVPS for my logs (like the voltage keeper but not the VC cuz he is done making them and last I read still owes some people) and I also wanted something for camping and long road trips.

Anyway overall I'm impressed with the device. There is one small disappointment tho. When setting the DC output voltage you must go into a menu up front when you start it and set it there. Currently there is no way to adjust this up and down on the fly.

I ended up getting in contact with the company when they asked for my feedback for the Amazon survey. I gave them my feedback on how I was using it and what I was looking for. I also directed them to this forum.

Not sure if anything will come of this but the cs rep. did say they would escalate this to the engineering team to see what can be done. No promises it will change but nice to know they are listening.

In all fairness it is possible to back to the main menu and adjust it if you like. It doesn't take much effort but it would be have the ability to just toggle up and down. That said I suspect we are very much in the minority of users who will operate it this way so not holding my breath for any changes. I also expect if they did change it it would only be for future builds so I am pretty much stuck with what I have.

Anyone else get theirs yet?

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
Just an update here. They got back to me and indicated that it may be possible to allow on the fly adjustment but it's something that they will be looking at over the course of a few months. They want to insure it would be safe for all devices.

I totally understand that. I would want variable voltage when using this with my log but if I was using the DC output in lieu of my computer power supply I would want to make sure it stays fixed to the computer manufacturer spec.

Monsoon

At the current rate I'm hoping to get mine by June. I bought them to use my e-nail in the park during the summer so hopefully I get it soon.

I'm guessing using it as as a VVPS is something they hadn't thought of as pretty much everything else just needs a fixed voltage. You could always use a wired VVPS with the AC plug.

I'm a bit tempted to order the EcoFlow RIVER pack, cost is double at $500 but has 116,000mah, pure-sine wave inverter and 300W AC so you can power any vape for a long time. I don't really go camping but working from home it means I can keep my internet and laptop powered for days with it.

Monsoon,
Reactions: Shrike

Monsoon

So after a much overdue wait (ordered last July expecting November delivery) I finally received both my Omincharge 20's! It's smaller than my other AC packs but with a bit less mah. However it beats them in power output and the display gives you all the stats you need instead of 4 or 8 estimate lights. The "time left" estimate based on power available seems to be accurate based on my limited testing today and takes into account both the average output over x seconds and input if you're charging at the same time. I have an Anker PowerCore 10000(mah) which charges it at 15W so it gives you the ability to increase your energy storage with smaller battery packs if needed instead of one massive one. The AC power cable is the same size as most microUSB AC cables with flip prongs, no massive power brick like with others.

I tested it a bit with my Gimido Omron based e-nail that I use for the park and it works much better than the other packs I have. If the output is correct it pulled up to 107W during initial heatup which means there wasn't any bottleneck. If I heated it up and kept it at 600F inside I'd get about 90-105 minutes out of it which is expected. Adding the Anker PowerCore 10k mah adds to it but if you leave an e-nail on straight the Omnicharge will die before the Anker does since the drain is more than what's going in. It may also ramp down rates if the unit gets too hot, make sure to give it space and cover it from the sun.

Other battery packs had an auto shutoff feature which shut the pack off whenever the temp dropped from cleaning temp due to low wattage. My Omnicharge didn't shut off in the time it took to go from 900F to 600F but that can be disabled if needed. Everything in the unit can be controlled via the menu, the temp (C of F), fine tuned DC-out voltages, turn the ports on and off, turn the fan off, and switch between 120V AC and 150V DC on the "3 -prong" port. I'm pretty happy with that since it lets me use it how I want to. It may not work with all e-nails as it uses modified sine-wave, I don't have one to test now but Auber units didn't work with other battery packs and I won't bother with my Hex-Nail since that's supposedly more sensitive with it's power source (have mine on a TrippLite isolated powerbar). I don't have any other vapes around now to test unfortunately, but I'll see if I can dig out my Arizer Solo since I think I have the right connector to run DC-out for it.

If I run into any problems I'll post here about it but I'd definitely recommend it if it delivers what you need in your budget. I also bought the Ecoflow RIVER so I'll post a brief review when that comes in. That one has almost 6 times the capacity at 116,000mah, pure-sine wave and 300W max for AC with 2 sockets at just 11 llbs. That'll be more for extended outings and/or power outages.

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
Just an update here.

Looks like they are working on a USB Type C version (little surprised they are going back to indigogo for the launch).

They also updated me that they are still working on variable voltage on the fly so maybe that would be incorporated into this new version.

I will keep everyone posted if I hear something.

Other Side,
Top Bottom