Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Hey everyone. I'm getting an oil vaporizer here shortly & narrowed it down between the Minicron Lite & the Omicron V4 900 mAh. Had a few questions I was hoping you guys could answer.

1) Can I use the KISS Gen 3 Ti Carts w/ the Minicron Lite ? (single & dual coil)

2) Are there any reasons one would pick the Omicron over the Minicron Lite, besides battery life ? (really like the look of the stainless steel Minicron Lite)

#) Are there any differences, performance wise, between the KISS Gen 3 Ti Carts (if they can be used w/ the Minicron Lite) & the KISS AC Gr2 Ti Heaters (for the Omicron) ?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!
1) Single coil works for me, from what I remember it didn't power dual coils very well for me. Has anyone else had luck with that?

2) I think the new omicron v4 was designed to handle sub-ohm coils/attys where the minicron lite was not. I'm a little ignorant on what it means though, I've just seen posts about it.

#) They should be using the same wicks and ti gr2 for the coils. The kiss ac can switch out between 4/5 different kinds of coils which is great. Actually they came out with an extra heavy duty (ehd) version of the dual coil that I haven't tried yet, so maybe the dual coil for the ac is different from the kiss gen 3 version now.

My answers were probably a little more vague than you would of liked, hopefully someone else will chime in too.

Morty

Thanks @StormyPinkness. I think I remember reading something (here or reddit ?) about how the dual carts won't work well w/ the minicron lite ? After more opining about how I'm going to use them (out & about, flowers for home), I think I'm gonna get the ML while it's on sale w/ a kiss gen 3 single ti cart & then grab the Omicron & some xtra coils after that. That way if one goes down, I got another one ready to rock! :rockon: I had a couple really crappy pens awhile back that I eventually ended up throwing away. Love the concept of pens, but realized I needed some better equipment. Thanks again for your help. Really enjoy your posts in this thread & others. :peace:

Last edited:

Morty

Sorry for the double post. Edit timed out.
I think I remember reading something (here or reddit ?) about how the dual carts won't work well w/ the minicron lite ?
Found it. @StormyPinkness you were right on about ?'s 1 & 2 (& your logic seems spot on about ? #3). Here's what @SamuraiSam said on reddit:

The Gen 3 Kiss Cartridges have sub-ohm coils and the dual coil is too much of a load to deliver good vapor production on these vaporizers. To keep things simple the website guides vaporists away from endorsing sub-ohm coils on the Minicron & O-Phos lineup, but the Single Coil Gen 3 Kiss Cartridge can indeed be used and this combination's been tested to vaporize many grams of oil. However due to the battery cell inside these smaller vaporizers, the ultimate temperature won't be as high; better performance is found on sub-ohm heaters with our variable-wattage Omicron V4.

limbs

Company Rep
Update: Omicron Battery • EHD Heaters

Hi all,

We are quite fortunate to have the Reddit/FC community providing us with constant feedback and the issue with Omicron buttons has been made known. Unfortunately, buttons were noted to cause problems shortly after we had fixed an issue with the battery overheating and were unable to implement further changes. We are diligently working on a solution to all past, present, and future button issues our customers may experience and expect one to be implemented within the next month.

We are always working hard to improve on the quality of our offerings and part of this process is identifying how and where the fault may occur. We believe the button issues may be a combination of the button being depressed too hard/at an angle and slight manufacturing errors. With our Never Obsolete Guarantee, any improvements made to our products will be implemented into our repair program. We fully intend for our customers to feel valued and taken care of as we truly do appreciate your support.

While I have your ears, I would also like to mention some issues identified with our first batch of EHD heaters. We have pinpointed that the issue occurred due to improper crimping and have gone ahead and implemented updated crimping tools and practices. It is very like that using a thicker-gauge titanium wire led to our previous tools/practices becoming less-than-ideal. We have also decided use beefier leads that should contribute to a more durable heater, here’s a comparison photo. All EHD heaters available today should have this incremental upgrade in place.

Stay tuned for any more updates, I’ll post them as they come!

Best wishes and happy vaping,

limbs

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Much thicker wire on the ehd's, I'm definitely grabbing some with my next order. My current batch is starting to get old. Anybody with a functional ehd coil notice a difference?

waxdab23

Much thicker wire on the ehd's, I'm definitely grabbing some with my next order. My current batch is starting to get old. Anybody with a functional ehd coil notice a difference?

Been using mine...more surface area so you can load a little more, and you can run them at higher wattage for fatter rips.

I've been running mine at 15W in power mode, and in Temp Control I'm doing 19W at 380-420F.

They're also supposed to last longer, but I can't vouch for that yet obviously.

waxdab23

Been using mine...more surface area so you can load a little more, and you can run them at higher wattage for fatter rips.

I've been running mine at 15W in power mode, and in Temp Control I'm doing 19W at 380-420F.

They're also supposed to last longer, but I can't vouch for that yet obviously.

Lately I've been rocking an EHD dual coil with a 1701 donut on top. I got this idea from someone on Reddit.

I think I like it. I'm able to load more at once and I feel like there's a slight step up in flavor. There also seems to be less splatter into the mouthpiece.

Here's a before and after dab on the donut. Been using this coil like this for maybe a couple weeks...

cQsl76O.jpg

I8lByuz.jpg

Kryptonstratos

Quick question,

Looking to confirm that the HVD-V2 on my back of my old omicron does indeed indicate it is the V2 omicron.

Thanks

Kryptonstratos,

limbs

Company Rep
Hello everyone!

As the year comes to a close, we would like to thank all of our friends and customers by having an end of 2016 sale at w9tech.com! We would like to show our appreciation by offering a huge discount on Up Tech favorites. Using the coupon code UPTECH at checkout, you will be eligible to receive a cool 35% off of the following items:

Hercules Oil System: $129.99 $84.49
Hercules Center Post: $9.99 $6.49
Alpha Centauri V2 (no longer on sale, now listed at $54.99): $54.99 $35.74
Omicron V4
LD: $76.99 $50.04
MD: $81.99 $53.29
HD: $86.99 $56.54
Nibbler AC: $99.99 $64.99

This coupon will be active while supplies last! Thank you everyone for your support in 2016, it's been a interesting year that's for sure and we look forward to a fantastic 2017. :)

Best regards from the folks at Up Tech!

Top Bottom