Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
@Housefudge welcome to the Omicron thread and thanks for joining FC! @DreamHaze tips for a "fat" grain of rice is right on the money.

Using the lowest power setting will deliver the most gentle vapor- but you'll need to apply power longer or with more pulses to get your vapor If you want a thicker rip, the higher power settings can be very conservative with smaller loads and short pulses, but more heat tends to vaporize oils faster, so if you're loading up the coil and want to conserve- the low power setting should serve you well. To be most conservative, you'd want to load very small amounts.

Be sure to properly cool down the coil & oils after a hit, as described at https://www.w9tech.com/content/instructionmanual/Omicron V4 Instructions.pdf (in case you hadn't seen the latest instructions yet.)

Housefudge

Y'all got nutmeg?
Just got my Omi-IV-900. Wow is it small (that's what she said). After it charges I'll be testing out the new dual coils with some nice Gorilla Glue rosin I picked up. @THC SCIENTIFIC thanks for gratis 1701!! I have been with you since v1!

Version 1 to 4, what a journey!!

GnrH1zr.jpg
YESH! Is this the smallest size?

EDIT: didn't fully read your original post and I don't know how to delete.

Last edited:
Housefudge,

toddious

So I got my 1400mah v4 today. Damn this thing is sexy!

However- mine seems to get hit on the bottom while using? It also says v1.0 on the bottom, and I remember reading something about faulty v1 models. Should I send it back? I just purchased it from puffitup.

Please advise @THC SCIENTIFIC @SamuraiSam

toddious,
Reactions: mutten840

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
What's the deal with the long hole that goes all the way down on the 1701 ceramic. its in the middle . seems like this is a way to loose concentrate and have the bottom flooded....
The long hole is an air path, to allow air to enter the cartridge. The air tube rises above the level of the donut to prevent leakage so long as you clear the coil properly at the end of your draw or end of your session. Only if the wick is seriously over saturated would oils flow down through the center tube.

However- mine seems to get hit on the bottom while using? It also says v1.0 on the bottom, and I remember reading something about faulty v1 models. Should I send it back? I just purchased it from puffitup.
I'm really sorry to hear this- we have had a small percentage of Omicron exhibit the heating you described. Please send an email over to support@w9tech.com and provide a picture or screen cap of receipt so we can take care of your Omicron repair ASAP.

Housefudge

Y'all got nutmeg?

Please advise @THC SCIENTIFIC @SamuraiSam

Hey just wondering- What's the final word on this? Just got mine today and it has the v1.

Housefudge,

holyparsniper

I've vaped, and I can't get up!
I've had this little beast for a week. I had bought a lynx Hypnos, and the atty went on the fritz the second day. I knew I had made the wrong choice. Full refund, and so happy with Planetvape and the Omni v4 , and the 1701 Dnuts. Those high temps hit big, I love the option, but love pulsing and hanging out at the lowest temp. The D-nuts are great with hash oil , and the coils have been a dream with some nice tasty shatter.
Still getting used to the coloured lights, they take a little getting used to.

This is my first leap into the extract device market. It's so nice to melt goodies in, and just take it on the go for some stealthy quick med hits.

What the company stands for, and how they really don't advertise, I am a convert and will spread the good word! There is just so much cheap garbage out there!

holyparsniper

I've vaped, and I can't get up!
I think a nibbler is the next logical step mutten!

What would be great is a little disc stand for the bottom on the Omni to give it better standing on a table security.

Also a little case to keep additional atomizers upright and secure on the go.

An air tight tube like hard case to protect it during travels and elements.

I haven't been able to switch away from the glass mouthpiece, it's really nice!

soconfg

So I finally got a hold of some pre-fileld tanks! Can someone tell me which adapter would I need to buy for my old omicron and for my new version?

zombied

Can anyone tell me if there is a major reason to upgrade from the Omicron v4 w/ an eVic VTC-Mini to a eVic VTC-Mini w/ Hercules 510? My understanding is the Hercules 510 can handle a MUCH larger load, but I don't know if that's worth $130....

zombied,

XeroRespect

This too shall PAX...
Can anyone tell me if there is a major reason to upgrade from the Omicron v4 w/ an eVic VTC-Mini to a eVic VTC-Mini w/ Hercules 510? My understanding is the Hercules 510 can handle a MUCH larger load, but I don't know if that's worth $130....

I have both... I am currently using the Herc as my daily driver, but the Omicron/AC have their place when stealth is needed. If you like to tinker around, the Herc is great as @mutten840 said, completely rebuild-able and serviceable from the threads up.

Housefudge

Y'all got nutmeg?
Hey guys, little help? What's the proper way to load this 1701 ceramic donut? My instinct is to place it on top of the donut... Is that right? I'm a little afraid of oil dripping down onto the battery contact thing.

Last edited:

vinhale

Many thanks to Sam for the wisdom; enduring me calling it an omNicron with a gentleman's silence. I ordered as soon as I got off the phone.

Many thanks to this forum's contributors; reading these pages was a crash course in the messy cutting edge of delivery systems, I feel that I'm breezing on in on your hard work.

This little 900kwh body is rediculously pocketable and adresses my need to not be hefting a mighty everywhere. It has been my introduction to concentrates and has been seamless thus far.

Though the reality dawns that a persei is in my future because everything in this world breaks, and things that get hot only moreso, to expect anything else is folly.

slozukimc

Mah......not KWH.....a big difference.....lol
For anyone that got one of the Nibbler AC's with the clogging issue try putting one drop of RezBlock in it. It will foam up pretty bad on the first toke but settles down nicely thereafter. No more clogging. I like the small profile of this version, the upgrade is bigger, so it's worth it to me to use the pink stuff to keep the clogs away. Makes cleaning a breeze as well.

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
Hey just wondering- What's the final word on this? Just got mine today and it has the v1.
Sorry for not answering the question better earlier; there are no red flags to be raised with the writing on the Omicron. A very small percentage of early Omicron had assembly issues which have been solved, not related to the "V1.0" text" so don't worry about that! We're here to help any time so enjoy your Omicron, it should be ready to serve you well!

If you ever need help with it or experience anything other than proper performance, please write support@w9tech.com so we can help out.
So I finally got a hold of some pre-filled tanks! Can someone tell me which adapter would I need to buy for my old omicron and for my new version?
Could we check out https://www.w9tech.com/threads to see what threadings you're trying to adapt between? An "old" Omicron V1-V3 is 601 mod threaded. The new Omicron V4 is 510 mod threaded. Depending on the cartridge you want to attach (whether it is 510 eGo or Mod threaded) would determine what's needed. https://www.w9tech.com/oil-vaporizer-spare-parts/ for the 2 adapters we have, if you have eGo carts a standard eGo to 510 adapter from a vape store will be needed to attach it to an Omicron V4 and you'd have to combine that with a 601 battery, 510 cartridge Tower Adapter to put it on an older Omicron.

Hey guys, little help? What's the proper way to load this 1701 ceramic donut? My instinct is to place it on top of the donut... Is that right? I'm a little afraid of oil dripping down onto the battery contact thing.
By chance have you checked out Page 6 of the Omicron Instruction Manual: https://www.w9tech.com/content/instructionmanual/Omicron V4 Instructions.pdf ? I put a few tips in to help with loading:

2q5kgJe.png

Last edited:

slozukimc

Sorry for not answering the question better earlier; there are no red flags to be raised with the writing on the Omicron. A very small percentage of early Omicron had assembly issues which have been solved, not related to the "V1.0" text" so don't worry about that! We're here to help any time so enjoy your Omicron, it should be ready to serve you well!

If you ever need help with it or experience anything other than proper performance, please write support@w9tech.com so we can help out.

Could we check out https://www.w9tech.com/threads to see what threadings you're trying to adapt between? An "old" Omicron V1-V3 is 601 mod threaded. The new Omicron V4 is 510 mod threaded. Depending on the cartridge you want to attach (whether it is 510 eGo or Mod threaded) would determine what's needed. https://www.w9tech.com/oil-vaporizer-spare-parts/ for the 2 adapters we have, if you have eGo carts a standard eGo to 510 adapter from a vape store will be needed to attach it to an Omicron V4 and you'd have to combine that with a 601 battery, 510 cartridge Tower Adapter to put it on an older Omicron.

By chance have you checked out Page 6 of the Omicron Instruction Manual: https://www.w9tech.com/content/instructionmanual/Omicron V4 Instructions.pdf ? I put a few tips in to help with loading:

2q5kgJe.png
Just a thought but maybe that whole manual should come in the box with the v4. The part for the AC does not.

Top Bottom