Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

Omphaloskeptic

Thanks for the suggestion, I had honestly forgotten about Ratchett's various adapters. Think I'll give that a try. Still looking for a made-for-purpose option, though. Seems to me like someone should definitely have developed a family of 510 drip tip to sintered glass adapters by now. Cheers!

Add-on: Just picked up a 3/8" (~10mm) ID rubber grommet from the hardware store. This is a functional and minimally intrusive solution for $0.37, but I'll still keep looking for an aesthetic alternative. It fits snugly over the SS or glass tip and is easy to remove. Forms a decent seal but has a lot of 'wobble' as might be expected.

As an FYI, apparently 510 drip tips are not as standardized as one might think with respect to fitment (diameter, plug depth, O-ring size/thickness, etc.).

Omphaloskeptic,

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
Some silicone tubing will fit directly onto the drip tip; I have some glass adapters and whip tubing that are a perfect fit. @Oregonglassblower makes a bunch of ground glass to whip tubing adapters, and whip tubing is available in a variety of diameters.

4ThwY1Y.jpg

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I have so many vapes I wasn't really sure I was going to end up using the v4 and thought I might just use the kiss ac v2 off of it, but I think I'm switching from my persei at 7.4 to my new omicron. I really like how solid the vape feels, like a good flashlight. It's so flipping tiny, it's great being able to run a dual coil on it. Also it looks perfect with the new ac and 13w with the dual coil on it is amazing, the flavor is so good. So far putting .5 through it using only the globe at 13w and I haven't seen a speck on the glass so the deeper dual coil redesign seems like it really helped with that so far. I never had too much trouble with heat before, but the new heat fins/discs definitely work. I can feel less heat transferring to the vape and I like the look of them too. I liked the idea of the variable air flow from the first one, but I ended up taking the ring off anyways so I don't miss that. I love the new drip tip and being able to switch it is awesome.

Overall the omicron v4 feels and looks great and I love the changes to the kiss ac. Very happy with the new stuff, happy enough to get off 7.4v again.

buckhakeesah

first post here guys. V4 is really great. I'm new to it, I had a O-phos to compare but this AC v2 is great. Do you guys notice that a hit from concentrate on this V4 hits me way harder than a dab on a quartz nail. Do you all notice that as well or is it just me?

Omphaloskeptic

Quick question on the v4 battery. I, through lack of other choices, purchased a prefilled disposable cart recently (3:1 CBD:THC, thus the scarcity of options). Yes, I know they are garbage but I was after quick pain relief.

If I run this on my Omicron at 10W, am I likely to burn the cart out? I've no way of measuring the resistance unfortunately. Still trying to get battery basics down.

Also, thanks @SamuraiSam for pointing out the tubing option. Much appreciated!

Omphaloskeptic,

Dangus

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
Got my V4 upgrade yesterday!

Impressive build/quality - feels really nice in the hand. Only had a chance to do a couple sessions so far, but so far it seems to hit *very* well. Currently using the pink/13W setting with nice results.

I am impressed, and feeling pretty good. :cool: Almost certain this will be my go to oil pen from now on.

I'll check back in after a bit if I have more thoughts.

Actually @THC SCIENTIFIC decided to keep the 4/20 vibe going, W9Tech.com is continuing to pack freebies in with all orders until further notice :)
A bit bummed my package didn't contain anything extra, as I got my expectations up a bit based on your post...but no biggie

Cheers

slozukimc

The V4 is very solid feeling. It works great and the 1400mah version seems to last a long time. I bought 2 thinking I might need a backup before I could charge up again, not so far......I must say I am surprized at how long it lasts. The 2 coil cartridge is huge. Coils are wrapped better than any others and it shows in performance. Pretty much the only 2 things I can say would make it better would be temp control and a user changeable battery like the older Omi's.
I assume this model is not as "waterproof" as the older versions?

Overall, I am very impressed. Thanks guys!

Mike

mrboxer

What is the difference in runtime between the different batteries? I´m new to concentrate pens, and if I were to order one, it will be the V4. Just not sure which size is more practical.

mrboxer,

slozukimc

What is the difference in runtime between the different batteries? I´m new to concentrate pens, and if I were to order one, it will be the V4. Just not sure which size is more practical.
I can't tell you the difference but the 1400 is probably more than enough for most folks. Unless it's in your hand all day and most of the night you will have a hard time killing it in 24hrs.

PM710

I'm sorry for missing your question, @530rasta
The essential oil cartridge is loaded by placing a fill tool into the top. This tool has a bridge to cover the air tube so you can melt oils inside the cartridge and they feed down along the outer walls. They will encounter a bulk oil heater which is a nichrome heating wire wrapped around a ceramic base. This heats the oils and walls of the cart to promote oils feeding down into the vaporization element. Located beneath the bulk heater is a second nichrome wire heating element wrapped around a silica wick, which wicks the warmed oils from the bulk heater into the main heater. When you apply power, both heaters activate and vaporize your oil, sending the vapor up the center air tube.

On w9tech.com the essential oil cartridge is described as "all stainless steel and ceramic" with "no parts to melt" (http://i.imgur.com/BqpaJy8.png). But in the aforementioned quote you say that it contains nichrome and silica. Please explain this discrepancy.

@SamuraiSam , is the Essential Oil Cartridge made of ceramic and steel, or nichrome and silica?

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
@SamuraiSam , is the Essential Oil Cartridge made of ceramic and steel, or nichrome and silica?
I did my best to describe the construction of the EO cart as I understand it in my post from February which you quoted,

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/omicron-vaporizer-for-oils.4301/page-537#post-928260

saying, "They will encounter a bulk oil heater which is a nichrome heating wire wrapped around a ceramic base. This heats the oils and walls of the cart to promote oils feeding down into the vaporization element. Located beneath the bulk heater is a second nichrome wire heating element wrapped around a silica wick"

As indicated on the site, the cartridges body is stainless steel and has a ceramic bowl inside. There is a silicone seal to prevent leakage out the bottom. It uses silica wick for the vaporization element with nichrome heating wire. There is no cotton inside, no parts to melt like plastic or rubber, but the EO cartridge is a few years old at this point. It's not too popular any longer, and it will be phased out once we run out of stock of existing 601 threaded 2.4Ω and 5.0Ω cartridges.

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
In case this helps anyone with drip tip compatibility,

KKf6UX9l.jpg

cdu6HcFl.jpg

Had a session with the 1701 ceramic donut in the Omicron v4 this afternoon, took a video share with ya'll to show why I say it has less vapor production than the coils. Too bad you can't taste the terps over youtube!

Sorry for the dirtiness of the Nibbler, I've been trying to get mine to clog.

Top Bottom