Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

PDwasmy1st

Forgive me if this a stupid question but could you add 50% VG and maybe another flavouring and 50% oil concetrat in a cart and with the Omicron? rather than using a e cig type pen for that i would have thought a oil 1 could easier handle it? i'd love your feedback FC peeps.

PDwasmy1st,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Forgive me if this a stupid question but could you add 50% VG and maybe another flavouring and 50% oil concetrat in a cart and with the Omicron? rather than using a e cig type pen for that i would have thought a oil 1 could easier handle it? i'd love your feedback FC peeps.

Its possible if using a tank, the EO carts cant work, something like our CE6 would better fit for it, but at the same time you would need a peg300-400 mixture as regular pg and vg just dont mix with oil.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

PDwasmy1st

Its possible if using a tank, the EO carts cant work, something like our CE6 would better fit for it, but at the same time you would need a peg300-400 mixture as regular pg and vg just dont mix with oil.
What is a peg 300-400? and is it as safe as vg, i don't like pg.

PDwasmy1st,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
What is a peg 300-400? and is it as safe as vg, i don't like pg.

I cant comment on what it is or how safe it is to use, as i dont like VG or PG but if you want to mix the both then PeG 300 and 400 is needed. `

THC SCIENTIFIC,

TommydCat

What's the life span been on the AC coils so far?

One dead dual coil so far, but another still going strong, the single coils work consistently (but seems to retain old taste unless I clean every so often), and I've ridden the 3.7v 1701s and they keep taking more! (I do let off a bit before my lip burns, heh)

After the one dead dual I've kept it the other at 3.7v, found a better battery and am enjoying the wispier but tastier effects.

Currently on an 808 holiday and enjoying the versatility of glass vs solid top for the AC. The introduction of the nibbler will make the combo serious contention for the Hercules in my stable.

TommydCat,
Reactions: elmoe420

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
In my own personal experience the AC coils last a lot longer than Globe coils. I do hope others will chime in with their experiences.

I've written up a blog post with a bit of history, but mostly trying to focus on different battery options for the Omicron. Most users are familiar with our Omicron V2/V2.5/V3 and we've put out a few different types of batteries for it. The AW 14500 makes a big difference for many over the 14650 batteries, that's why we package them with our current V3 Omicron, and we've got the SS kit available to upgrade any older units to the newer battery.

Learn more about it at the latest w9tech blog post here.

420time

they do last a while if you tend you them well. what i do is after a few dabs i use some tissue and kind of roll it up to touch the coil after i heat it for a second or so. cleans it pretty well and taste still remains to be very good. if there is black guck i just use a small metal spoon thingy to scrape it clean.

Last edited:

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Next Generation Omicron Oil Vaporizer will be built with our next generation circuit boards to support our new Kiss Gen 3 cartridges and our Kiss Alpha Centauri coils

We have designed the new circuit boards with our titanium grade 2 and our 1701 cartridges in mind so you dont have to worry about anything else anymore.

The new Omicron will come in 3 sizes 600 mAh, 1400 mAh and 2100 mAh. Each unit will have 4 power options to give you enough power to power all our coils without any issues what so ever. The unit will come with its own Kiss Centauri.

Best part is we will be doing an upgrade program. We will never leave our customers behind.

Last but not least

It will be a 510 thread and no time limit. You guys wanted it you guys will have it.

ETA Jan 20th 2016

Last edited:

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Oooooooh, Power options and no time limit, nice.

So will the different size batteries lead to different size units? Meaning would it be different sizes and replace the minicrons and omi lite?

510 only? Hmmmmmm.

StormyPinkness,
Reactions: ragnorokk
I'm certainly excited about this! My year old Omicron needs new batteries, but if this is an option to upgrade to...I may be holding off!

Ah, here is a question I've got. Does it have the ability to be used with the Core? Honestly, the Core is one reason why I'm torn on whether to get any future purchases threaded for 510 or 601. I've been really wanting to get the AC, I'm hoping there's a Christmas sale! but even without one I'm seriously considering getting one in the next couple of weeks. I lost my Persei adapter for the core, but if this becomes a viable choice and could be used with the core, there's a good chance I won't be picking up a box mod to replace my trusty Omicron with.

Then again, this wouldn't be able to be used with a Hercules....never tried one, but that's always been on my eventual to buy list!

As a side note, I do have to highly commend your products. I have used that omicron hard, it's ridden inside a small case in my pocket back and forth across the country, and has worked flawlessly for me. Thanks for working so hard to come out with a great product we can all enjoy!

blacknteal831,
Reactions: SamuraiSam

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
I hope he does another one for christmas.

I'm hoping there's a Christmas sale!
Your Christmas wish is granted.

http://www.w9tech.com/categories/on-sale.html Our vaporizers are 40% off or more from the Minicron Lite (less than $26) through Omicron and Persei. You can snag one of the last V3 Omicron with a touch sensor top and full HVD capabilities on the Core for just under $50 and the Core itself is marked down to $58.49.
Does it have the ability to be used with the Core?
The new Omicron won't take modular battery configurations or have a separate Top for use with the Core.

I lost my Persei adapter for the core,
One of these would get you up and running, and should be more reliable over time than the original style Core Insert.

One of these would get you up and running, and should be more reliable over time than the original style Core Insert.

Well that sale and this makes my job deciding that much harder! I've been wanting to get a bigger upgrade for my Omicron, and with so much stuff being available in 510 now I've been leaning towards getting something like the Joyetech Evic VTC or IPV D2 to use with both the AC and standard vape carts for nicotine as well.

But getting a Persei would allow me to eventually get a herc as well.....ah the choices to be made!

Last edited:

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I need to make an amendment to the specs of the Omicron.

It will be

0900 mAh high discharge, Battery Length 58mm or 2.3", total device length 110mm or 4.3"
1500 mAh high discharge, Battery Length 74mm or 2.9", total device length 126mm or 5.0"
2100 mAh high discharge, Battery Length 88mm or 3.5", total device length 140mm or 5.5"

4 Power Settings
Can use carts between .5 -1.5 ohms

Hope this gives you an idea the sizes of these things.

The 900 mAh will be shorter then a Minicron Lite which is 350 mAh with a Kiss Gen 3 on top by about 5mm if im not mistaken, the 1500 will shorter then a Minicron which is 650 mAh with a Kiss Gen 3 on top by about 4mm, and the 2100 will be shorter then the Ophos which is 900 mAh with a Kiss Gen 3 by about 7mm.

Can power the Hercules Black rod but this is not certified feature since the performance will be better then the 3.7v Persei version by about 20%

Last edited:
I need to make an amendment to the specs of the Omicron.

It will be

0900 mAh high discharge, Battery Length 58mm or 2.3", total device length 110mm or 4.3"
1500 mAh high discharge, Battery Length 74mm or 2.9", total device length 126mm or 5.0"
2100 mAh high discharge, Battery Length 88mm or 3.5", total device length 140mm or 5.5"

4 Power Settings
Can use carts between .5 -1.5 ohms

Hope this gives you an idea the sizes of these things.

The 900 mAh will be shorter then a Minicron Lite which is 350 mAh with a Kiss Gen 3 on top by about 5mm if im not mistaken, the 1500 will shorter then a Minicron which is 650 mAh with a Kiss Gen 3 on top by about 4mm, and the 2100 will be shorter then the Ophos which is 900 mAh with a Kiss Gen 3 by about 7mm.

Can power the Hercules Black rod but this is not certified feature since the performance will be better then the 3.7v Persei version by about 20%
I thought these were going to be 510 thread? Does this mean a Hercules 510 bottom insulator is on the way, to allow these to power a herc?

If the answer to @ragnorokk is yes, that would be awesome!

As a side note, you mentioned an upgrade program for those who have purchased the Omicron in the past. Would that include those who bought the V2.x Omicron? Or would you have to have purchased the most recent V3 top?

I'm definitely leaning towards just buying a couple 14650 batteries and waiting for the new Omicron rather than going with a different ecig type mod. I know my Omicron has been amazingly reliable, looking forward to more info coming out about this new version!

blacknteal831,
Reactions: ragnorokk
I do realize that it might be possible to use a 510 AC base and screw the 601 herc into that, but I'm hoping less home-made hax are required.

ragnorokk,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
If the answer to @ragnorokk is yes, that would be awesome!

As a side note, you mentioned an upgrade program for those who have purchased the Omicron in the past. Would that include those who bought the V2.x Omicron? Or would you have to have purchased the most recent V3 top?

I'm definitely leaning towards just buying a couple 14650 batteries and waiting for the new Omicron rather than going with a different ecig type mod. I know my Omicron has been amazingly reliable, looking forward to more info coming out about this new version!

Any V2.5 - V3 will be allowed to upgrade.

I thought these were going to be 510 thread? Does this mean a Hercules 510 bottom insulator is on the way, to allow these to power a herc?

the New Omicron kits will be 510.

As far as the 510 Hercules adapters no decision has been made yet.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I still think 510 is a little weird, but I'll probably pick one up to hopefully get a good bundle price on that and a kiss ac in 510. I bought 510 alpha globe but I really, really miss that little screw on base ring the globe glass goes on. I'm always getting wax on the outside of the cart from scraping on the inside of the globe.

For the herc though I think everyone is going to want that new tc box coming out. Sometime soon.....

StormyPinkness,
Top Bottom