Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

akwardsauce

gold all in my chains...dont believe me just watch
rufrothy said:
took it apart and everything was clean put it back together and its still flashing. Anyway kept trying and got it to pull and just got medicated :) Finally got it primed.

Please explain the process for hitting this. I thought it was hold button for 3 seconds let go. start hitting and hold the button till your done? The flashing seems to start after 10 secs or so of holding the button down. Glad its working...

Got some Purple Dragon - 63% THC Oil from Elemental Wellness in there.

did u see those youtube videos? i think they are up above or if you search "omicron vaporizer" on youtube

akwardsauce,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
One more thing.

Glass Eye droppers was sourced at my local CVS. Got 2 glass droppers for less than $4. One with a straight tip and one with a curved tip. I found the curved tipped one worked best for getting down inside the cartridge.

Another Question: DubC mentioned he thought about putting a toothpick in the center hole while filling to avoid getting oil in there. What do you think about that? seems like another good idea to me....

Overall filling was easier than I thought and only slightly messy.

ru_frothi,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
akwardsauce said:
rufrothy said:
took it apart and everything was clean put it back together and its still flashing. Anyway kept trying and got it to pull and just got medicated :) Finally got it primed.

Please explain the process for hitting this. I thought it was hold button for 3 seconds let go. start hitting and hold the button till your done? The flashing seems to start after 10 secs or so of holding the button down. Glad its working...

did u see those youtube videos? i think they are up above or if you search "omicron vaporizer" on youtube

Yes I have watched most of them, What did I miss?

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
rufrothy said:
I just filled my first carttridge and all seemed to go ok. except not having any luck getting it to work.

Hit the button for a few seconds and start drawing slowly and then after maybe 10 seconds the blue light starts flashing instead of staying on solid.

That was with the factory charge on Battery #1. Switched to Battery #2 which I had on the charger and same thing....

what does this mean?

The light starts to flash after seven seconds, this means battery protection mode. When this happens just let go of the button and wait for the light to go out, then press it again. This is done to insure the battery will not go bad.

OK got it.

Are there are any other flashing sequences like indicating low battery, etc?

Last edited by a moderator:
ru_frothi,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
rufrothy said:

It flashes because the battery protection mode.

You only need to heat it up for 3 seconds for 1 time for every session.

IE

Press 3 seconds Let it go, lights off then start your first pull

1st 6 second pull let it go, light turns off start second six second pull.

2nd 6 second pull let it go, light turns off start third.

If each pull is within 30 seconds of each other then the 3 seconds prime is no longer needed after the first time. Some people have said to get better results if they prime it every time before they use it, but they use once every 30 seconds.

The curve is for you guys to learn, each person is different.

Flute method. 4 seconds on 2 seconds off, for the duration of the hit.
Deep pull, 6 seconds on 2 seconds off, repeat for the duration of the desired lung capacity.
Short method, 6 seocnds and sit it down.

As for a tooth pick well yes im trying to locate needles that will fit inside but having hard time.

Last edited by a moderator:
THC SCIENTIFIC,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
rufrothy said:

It flashes because the battery protection mode.

You only need to heat it up for 3 seconds for 1 time for every session.

IE

Press 3 seconds Let it go, lights off then start your first pull

1st 6 second pull let it go, light turns off start second six second pull.

2nd 6 second pull let it go, light turns off start third.

If each pull is within 30 seconds of each other then the 3 seconds prime is no longer needed after the first time. Some people have said to get better results if they prime it every time before they use it, but they use once every 30 seconds.

The curve is for you guys to learn, each person is different.

Flute method. 4 seconds on 2 seconds off, for the duration of the hit.
Deep pull, 6 seconds on 2 seconds off, repeat for the duration of the desired lung capacity.
Short method, 6 seocnds and sit it down.

Good Stuff. Thanks for the explanation.

ru_frothi,

weedemon

enthusiast
i think that flashing light is normal, and it's just telling you you need to stop powering the unit.

weedemon,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
So DubC and anyone else.

I just finished toking off it hard and its impressive to say the least.

The hash oil I put in there tastes like eh hash oil. Not bad, not great.

I know at least DubCRider has tried more than 1 extract.

Which ones do you think taste the best in the Omicron?

gonna go shopping this week.

gonna try some puregold defintely but I was thinking some CO2 earwax from elemental. Its pretty soft, nothing like that glass you guys tried.

Thanks again to DubC and THC Scientific for turning me on to this thing. Can't wait to test it on the slopes this winter.

ru_frothi,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
rufrothy said:
So DubC and anyone else.

gonna try some puregold defintely but I was thinking some CO2 earwax from elemental. Its pretty soft, nothing like that glass you guys tried.

Thanks again to DubC and THC Scientific for turning me on to this thing. Can't wait to test it on the slopes this winter.

Hmmmmmm slopes in winter? oh boy if this thing works in that cold temp, I will give you 10 free cartridges. Show me a youtube of it working in the winter and you will get it.

i really do think it might take some time for it to heat up. Heating element is itty bitty, while the cold is well cold and all around.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

akwardsauce

gold all in my chains...dont believe me just watch
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
rufrothy said:
So DubC and anyone else.

Hmmmmmm slopes in winter? oh boy if this thing works in that cold temp, I will give you 10 free cartridges. Show me a youtube of it working in the winter and you will get it.

i really do think it might take some time for it to heat up. Heating element is itty bitty, while the cold is well cold and all around.

what do we get for an underwater video?

akwardsauce,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
rufrothy said:
So DubC and anyone else.

as we learned with Butane Lighters, you need to keep it close to your body for heat and you need to warm it your bare hands often for it to work. Hopefully with a little luck and warming it will work?

Maybe I can make a little insulator sock with a pocket for a chemical based hand warmer packet. That might keep it at a reasonable enough temperature.

ru_frothi,

DubCRider

Hold the button for 4-6 seconds, that is heating. Let it off for a second so it starts to dim then press again. Do that while pulling slowly as if you were breathing through a coffee straw. That is how you will get a lung-buster.

Anything you can liquify will work. My favorites have been the BHO and Jurassic Co2. The Co2 is tricky though because of it's hardness. You gotta take a rip or two for it to melt down again and really start ripping. I'm almost positive oils are the easiest thing on the carts. The more clear or yellow the oil the better too. I have had much better results with the SPARC oil than the two from Medithrive.

DubCRider,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
rufrothy said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
rufrothy said:
So DubC and anyone else.

as we learned with Butane Lighters, you need to keep it close to your body for heat and you need to warm it your bare hands often for it to work. Hopefully with a little luck and warming it will work?

all i can say is, cant know until we try it. I am now interested in the mountain cartridge. Hahaha started looking into a cartridge for the guy in Arctic circle.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
DubCRider said:
Hold the button for 4-6 seconds, that is heating. Let it off for a second so it starts to dim then press again. Do that while pulling slowly as if you were breathing through a coffee straw. That is how you will get a lung-buster.

Thanks. I figured that one out and got some big rips :brow:

ru_frothi,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
guys please bare with us, we are working on making the cartridges better, because it is a new design and no one is proficient in making them yet we are getting better and better at it. I know some of you might have gotten a bad cartridge or two or even a bad battery. This is out of my hands and i cant control the production line. We are working to improve this situation and will further make the batteries and cartridges better.

So far so good, out of the 400 people that got their product.

8 people with bad batteries, 5 people with bad cartridges, and 1 person with bad battery and cartridges.

this is our record.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
guys please bare with us, we are working on making the cartridges better, because it is a new design and no one is proficient in making them yet we are getting better and better at it. I know some of you might have gotten a bad cartridge or two or even a bad battery. This is out of my hands and i cant control the production line. We are working to improve this situation and will further make the batteries and cartridges better.

8 people with bad batteries, 5 people with bad cartridges, and 1 person with bad battery and cartridges.

this is our record.

good job!, no issues here. Just can't decide what to load up next. what yours fav?

ru_frothi,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
rufrothy said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:

this is our record.

good job!, no issues here. Just can't decide what to load up next. what yours fav?

Anything that fills my lungs and no more bho, i got schooled on bho today i now hate bho.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
gvape said:
Why do you hate BHO? Mind sharing this lesson?

Im gonna confirm it, but comes from a good source, BHO contains waxes that are bad for the lungs, far more then iso.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

impurecough

might explain why some concentrated heads I know always have sinus problems.... or is that all of them?

impurecough,

gvape

So what type of extraction are you using to extract now? Are you going to be filling your carts with iso extracted, or another extract process? I would like to learn more about why this is bad for you lungs, I do not want any of this!

gvape,

bruno13

insomniac
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
As for a tooth pick well yes im trying to locate needles that will fit inside but having hard time.

I use a 3/4x18 steel nail. Just drop it down the air hole. Seems to work well. The head of the nail covers the hole and it is easy to add material and easy to heat.

bruno13,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
bruno13 said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:

I use a 3/4x18 steel nail. Just drop it down the air hole. Seems to work well. The head of the nail covers the hole and it is easy to add material and easy to heat.

Awesome. What do you think flavor wise on the extracts you loaded so far? How's the pure gold working out?

ru_frothi,

bruno13

insomniac
rufrothy said:
Awesome. What do you think flavor wise on the extracts you loaded so far? How's the pure gold working out?

The Gold is pure heaven. Nothing beats the flavor. Thick, overpowering pulls every time. HOK glass is ok, tastes like hash and was hard to get primed. The gold is expensive but works the best. I will stick to gold for awhile.

bruno13,

daelic

I'm getting good pulls, but not getting very medicated... I'm blaming the oil I loaded it with, not the omicron. I need to drive up to the bay area for some good stuff this weekend. :)

My cake frosting tip worked like a charm for loading it... I had the cart filled in under 2 minutes. (probably less... couldn't really see inside these dark bottles to tell when it was done). All that was left was a slight residue inside the frosting tip.

I'll post pictures later today when I get a chance, but the whole filling setup cost me ~$10, including the torch pen.

daelic,
Top Bottom