• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

OMD Ottawa Medical Dispensary

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
Hey FC!

Last weekend I had the opportunity to visit Ottawa for my first time. The OMD responded to my email on Friday within an hour of sending it. I'm a Vermont Marijuana Registry cardholder as a medical cannabis patient as is my partner. We wanted to be sure that we could find some medicine in Canada and the experience with OMD was stellar.

When we showed up on Sunday, they didn't have any of the information I sent over on Friday, but they were great about it. At no point did we feel put off or that we weren't welcome. The woman doing intake at the desk gave us applications to fill out. It was a very clean place and they gave us ID cards for the next time we visit Ottawa.

We were only in town for the day, and due to having to cross the border at customs, we wound up having to combust for the day. I only picked up a few prerolled and a gram of Black God. The Black God was great, virtually no stem and super dense God Bud smelling like nuggets. Not sure what the Black was in the equation, but it certainly could have been Black Domina which I haven't seen anywhere since just after Y2K.

It's my understanding that there is also a head shop in town selling cannabis OTC but they are closed on Sunday. That will be somewhere to check out next visit to Ottawa. Would also love to try some more strains from OMD and hopefully can hang out in the area for more than just a day.

Modnote: Thread title edited per request

Last edited by a moderator:

theCerberus

We have a discussion about dispensaries in Ontario here:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/toronto-find-a-dispensary-9-listings.19052/

But it is mainly focused around the greater toronto area.

Good to know you had a good experience and cross border shoppers are welcome (as they should be).

Since the dispensary system is unregulated/illegal it allows them to provide you with the medicine you need and otherwise couldnt get from MMPR LPs or bring with you. This is a good argument to make to the liberals the next time they think a mail order prescription service that you have to register into is a good idea. Not that it should be unregulated, but regulation to this extreme hurts us.

Storefronts are an absolute must have for medicine, as well as allowing medical patients visiting from out of the country, they are human, and have rights too.

Last edited:

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
@theCerberus hope I wasn't out of line creating this thread as I thought the link you mentioned was just for Toronto, I just found the OMD in it.

My only small gripe with the OMD is they used the same tare surface for all the herb they were weighing out and it wasn't clean. Hopefully they get a 2nd cash register setup so that they can move through patients faster as well. Some folks in the waiting area were a bit testy in terms of how long they had to wait to be seen.

It was certainly relieving that they made us feel welcome not being in Canada's program.

cannabis.pro,
Reactions: poonman

Amoreena

Grown up Flower Child
... EDIT Request: The M in the title of this thread should be Medical not Marijuana but I couldn't edit it after posting.
If you click "Report" at the bottom of your post and ask in the little window that opens, it will be noticed by moderators who can fix it. You'll probably also want to ask them to delete the request at post's bottom when done. :)

theCerberus

@theCerberus hope I wasn't out of line creating this thread as I thought the link you mentioned was just for Toronto, I just found the OMD in it.

My only small gripe with the OMD is they used the same tare surface for all the herb they were weighing out and it wasn't clean. Hopefully they get a 2nd cash register setup so that they can move through patients faster as well. Some folks in the waiting area were a bit testy in terms of how long they had to wait to be seen.

It was certainly relieving that they made us feel welcome not being in Canada's program.

Nothing wrong with what you've posted. The other thread is specifically Toronto in the title, but we also discuss Ontario as a whole and I have included all the dispensaries in Ontario in my lists.

kingroot

Here most of the smokers hold a medical card , so that they can smoke weed legally. Most of the local dispensaries here support it. What govt agencies think is that most of them use it for medical purposes and it is a holly blunder.

Regards
Kingroot

kingroot,

theCerberus

Here most of the smokers hold a medical card , so that they can smoke weed legally. Most of the local dispensaries here support it.

theres like 80,000 MMAR + MMPR patients in total. and theres like 44.5% of the population who have tried cannabis (and they are considered criminals).

the population of Canada is ~35 million. 44.5% of 35 million is ~15.6 million people.
80k is not even 1% of that (156,000). 80k is about half of that. 0.05% of Canadians who have tried cannabis have obtained legal medical scripts.

if we are talking daily users, ~12.6% of the population uses cannabis regularly. 12.6% of 35 million is 4.4 million people. of those 4.4 million people 80k are legal. 1% of 4.4 million is 44,000. 80k is double that. 2% of the daily users in canada have obtained legal medical scripts.

What govt agencies think is that most of them use it for medical purposes and it is a holly blunder.
Regards
Kingroot

Then why do they continue to say it is not an approved medicine, and they only have this system because the courts said so, the liberals are now in control of the health canada site... they can change it as they please.... but they haven't... indicating they are portraying the same message as before.

Holy Blunder?

They doubt it has any medical benefits and were forced to make a system based on a court ruling.
They drag their feet in the mud every step of the way.
Why not allow small (6 plant) home production immediately if they think its so great?

keep dreaming. you live in a bubble. and please respond to the other thread where you also posted nonsense.

Last edited:
theCerberus,
Top Bottom