Oldest vaporizers

Logic

Old Skool Member ‘10
Anyone remember the touted Super Vapezilla and Vapezilla Classic by Wicked Roots? I still have two of them, and used to have a third a lonnng time ago (back in ‘07) before my best friend at the time thought it’d be cool to take and it sell it..

Whip-style convection box vape, similar to the old and now archaic Evolution. High Times magazine awarded it “Best Flavor” several years in a row...

They were often under fire on the forums for their “shady” business practices and not following through with their lifetime guarantees and warranties. People would claim they would send in their units to get repaired and never got them back!

Last edited:

shredder

Anyone remember the touted Super Vapezilla and Vapezilla Classic by Wicked Roots? I still have two of them, and used to have a third a lonnng time ago (back in ‘07) before my best friend at the time thought it’d be cool to take and it sell it..

Whip-style convection box vape, similar to the old and now archaic Evolution. High Times magazine awarded it “Best Flavor” several years in a row...

They were often under fire on the forums for their “shady” business practices and not following through with their lifetime guarantees and warranties. People would claim they would send in their units to get repaired and never got them back!

I seem to remember the name, so to my surprise after googling it, I found they're still being made. $450 for the super. A little high for a box and whip vape me thinks.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@Logic What i remember about it is that they advertised it having some kind of cool ceramic element with holes but in reality they used the same ceramic rod element like other vaporizers
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/super-vapezilla.39/
iu

Anybody remember the Evolution V7? This thing actually paved the way for a lot of devices. This was my uncles favorite unit at the time.

evolutions-vaporizer-v7-video-still_1.png
Haha it looks like it actually has PID control..Havent seen that in another whipvape ?

Logic

Old Skool Member ‘10
I seem to remember the name, so to my surprise after googling it, I found they're still being made. $450 for the super. A little high for a box and whip vape me thinks.

Yes, they are STILL trying to sell them! Crazy, huh? I forgot to mention that earlier in my previous post...

And if they were planning on going out of the business, they would have sold off their remaining stock a long time ago and jumped ship. Folks must actually still be buying these things to make it profitable to keep their business up and running, atleast on a par scale.

@Logic What i remember about it is that they advertised it having some kind of cool ceramic element with holes but in reality they used the same ceramic rod element like other vaporizers
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/super-vapezilla.39/
iu

Haha it looks like it actually has PID control..Havent seen that in another whipvape ?

Blatant, complete disregard to the customer for false advertisement on their part with their claim of the ceramic heating element design! This “lie” led many of their early adopters to send back their units for a refund only to not get one...

I gotta admit, though, after 12 years that PID control panel still works like a champ and is pretty amazing tech, especially for its time! Hasn’t malfunctioned once, and both units have seen tremendous use. It gauges temperature very well and is accurate to my understanding. Overall, it’s been a pretty rock-solid competitor in terms of stability, flavor consistency, and longevity.

Makes me wonder... with all the modifying being done to vapes these days, what brainchild could come out of this piece of nostalgia from our FC engineering experts???

Last edited:

Logic

Old Skool Member ‘10
@Logic Vivape 2 was pretty close to the design above but it had also unforgivable kinks :)).It is sold now for dirtcheap around the wab. The main downside is that the fan cannot be turned off :).

Same with the Vapezillas. You could always count on hearing that low-humming albeit loud, obnoxious “blowing noise” every time you’d go to turn the unit on... not very stealthy at all if you were ever concerned about neighbors living in apartments, but I guess you could play it off as your PC computer....

dagfp

i used a super vapezilla! it was my first vaporizer from... must have been about 2005-ish. the volcano cost the same amount but the bags were and still are highly unappealing so i went with the vapezilla........ oh what could have been...

i still have the vapezilla somewhere but it hasnt been dusted off in ages... it tasted great and got me very high but i would end up using about 1.5 grams a day to stay medicated... so about half as efficient as today's best vapes

i remember the whole process took way too long though... usually by the time the bowl was spent it was time to load up the next one... not that i was complaining, it definitely did the trick

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
I started with one of those cheap globe style vapes. Bought it in a local shop ($50) after deciding I needed a vaporizer. Thanks to Doug Benson and "Super High Me". But definitely couldn't afford the Volcano. Threw some of that brown brick weed (all we had in those days for the most part). After burning the herb and tasting the machine oil, I immediately tossed it. Swearing off vaporizing if that was any indication of what it was like.

Shortly after I found FC. Game changer to say the least.

triiosl

There are also other simple methods that have been around for who knows how long, eg hot knives - put a bit of hash on a knife tip, heat another knife tip to the right temp and place it on top

Alexis

Lol, yeah, my true first vaporizer was made out of a burned out 60w lightbulb :razz:
We all have to start somewhere. I would take a fumey lightbulb over Febreeze any day! ;):tup:

And yeah, crazy youthful me- it staggers me with disbelief when I think back to how I used to make a giant gauze for my homemade bucket bongs with a thick piece of pure tin foil which I simply moulded, poked holes in and held a lighter under it until I couldn't be bothered any longer and (most) of the black fumes had died down but not even completely always.

And that's not even to mention how it used to melt the top of the plastic 2L or 3L bottle when heated, warping and discolouring the top of the bottle over time and no doubt off-gassing like fuck with every bong.

And then, I actually SMOKED BONGS THROUGH THAT SHIT! Crazy young kid, it does make me wonder! Thank goodness I turned out alright? :hmm:

Last edited:

Alexis

Lol. Yup. bongs made out of plastic soda bottles taped together, with an aluminum foil cone melted into the plastic screw-on lid for a bowl. lol

We'd use it till it melts and warps to shit and there's air leaks everywhere. ha ha ha :razz:
Haha, too funny man. So Im not the only one who committed such atrocious acts of vandalism on my precious teenage body! :lol:

Madness indeed. And how things have changed. I won't even cook a bit of mackeral in tin foil these days. No food contact with accompanying heat but otherwise okay.

Non-stick teflon cookware is also strictly forbidden.
But it does strike me @Ramahs that we may surprisingly have more in common than I expected as I feel we are very different people in many ways, but I respect you for your openess and authenticity.

I have changed an awful lot over the years but I bet our younger selves were more alike.

Regaring the toxic foil/plastc bucket bongs which were absolutely fantastic before school when I was 17 years old and has only just taken up cannabis- 3 big buckets of old skool hash at 8.45am each day after literally jumping out of bed two minutes before hand and then a frantic 3 mile bicycle ride through town to my government assisted private school just getting there in time each day to keep myself from being expelled- they were really strict and you had to get to form period registration on time every day or else.:goon:

What a buzz though, coming up on those buckets in the morning sunshine racing through town in world record time not a single second to spare.

9 minutes and 52 seconds was my record cycling just over 3 miles through Rush Hour town centre and steep hills to meet the deadline. Buzzing!

But my older couzin, he developed a really neat trick he found some type of Steel valve from a car engine which was basically a perfect fit for a plastic bottle and was lined inside with a really neat, sturdy gauze built into it and it was just the absolute most perfect bowl I think I've ever seen for pulling buckets with.

You could literally fit a 16th in there but it would work with any amount. No foil, and thode 3L bottle bags where you pull the bag out from underneath as opposed to a bucket of water, and hence twice the potential volume, they were really something else.

Matthew my cousin would always go out of his way to try and stitch people up as hard as possible. I remember one Christmas Day at the cousins place when he pulled me one of these infamous huge bucket bongs and I genuinely could not move from his bed for some time.

Which wasn't very helpful because it was right before Christmas dinner was about to be dished up downstairs with the whole family awaiting us hooligans.

But man were those dry bottle bag hits HARSH! Painful AF, so much so that I swear that half of the buzz was actually painkilling endorphins being released lol no kidding.

I can't quite decide now if those were the days or not?

Last edited:

Alexis

I should feel honored, getting complemented by @Alexis . Thanks friend!

Lol. I remember those dry bottle/bag things.
It's like a gravity or waterfall, but with a lot more control.

We called it a "lung" :nod:
Well I try to be nice, but always sincere. It pays to see the undoubted good in all people. Not enough good will in the world at present IMO.

Top Bottom