Old freak from the 70's got some weed!

JLPicard

Turned 60 in January, an old "Up in Smoke" type stoner from the 70's, but haven't toked a joint, puffed on a a pipe, or bubbled a bong in years. My friend gave me a three finger lid of 'Super Skunk', and damn it's aptly named it smells bad. So I burnt some with some crappy pipes I whipped up. You know the type, crushed up soda cans, tin foil tubes.... But then I found out about Vaporizing! Silly me I thought that was just for E-Sigs.

The prices for what I was finding were out the roof though, paying so much for these things. I began by thinking I could make my own Magic Flight or whatever it's called. I read a ton of postings in all the DIY websites, hell I even bought some stainless steel screen and began experimenting. Then I discovered an inexpensive product made by HEBE, the Titan II. I am sure most of you guys know or have heard about this thing. Anyway, I ordered on from Ebay and have used it a half dozen times now, and have gotten pleasantly toasted every time on about 1/2 of a chamber, but I have questions about the process.

How fine should my weed be? I have just been cutting up a piece of bud with some small scissors and dumping it into the chamber then very gently packing it down with a toothpick. Should I be grinding it?

Not sure about temperatures, now I am at 370 F, but towards the end of my session, it gets kinda hot, which I don't mind per se, just saying. Should I be that high of a temp?

What should the weed look like when finished? It's sorta brown, but still some green in it. I don't want to waste any of the THC so I just eat what's left :lmao:, just in case.

I don't see much 'vapor' coming out of my exhales, also I don't feel the lung expansions that I recall from my youth. Is that only when you burn the herb that you get that feeling?

Anyway, I just registered to post these questions and would like some tips or feedback from the experts.

Gray Area

Don't know your vape model either, but as far as temps go, that's pretty low imo (and hence the green bits and lack of visible vapor).

With my arizer air (for example) I might start around that temp or a touch higher 190C/374F but will finish off on the highest temp, which is 210C/410F iirc...

Plenty of clouds and dark brown abv... :tup:

nickdanger

Collector of Functional Art
Don't know your vape model either, but as far as temps go, that's pretty low imo (and hence the green bits and lack of visible vapor).

With my arizer air (for example) I might start around that temp or a touch higher 190C/374F but will finish off on the highest temp, which is 210C/410F iirc...

Plenty of clouds and dark brown abv... :tup:
@JLPicard If you end up not happy with the vape you have, don't give up. Like @Gray Area I have an Arizer Air and feel it would be a great vape for a beginner. It is one of the ones I started with. Easy to use, easy to clean and effective.

ETA: It is also known to have a clean air path.

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
@JLPicard Great username. A fav character of mine.

What's up! Well I can tell you we are after resin on rope. https://honestmarijuana.com/trichomes

How fine should my weed be? I have just been cutting up a piece of bud with some small scissors and dumping it into the chamber then very gently packing it down with a toothpick. Should I be grinding it?

The smaller the piece, the more surface area you have to cook. Some vapes like no grind, some require it. I prefer to grind because it gives me an even extraction. A grind will spread the resin around too.

What should the weed look like when finished? It's sorta brown, but still some green in it. I don't want to
UPS brown or lighter. Resin on rope...One way to know if you got the resin is to look at the surface of the flower. Another way of knowing is that the vapor production will stop or lessen.

Really you should listen to what your body can take. I know mine does not like when I cook things down too much so my abv is tan.

Turned 60 in January, an old "Up in Smoke" type stoner from the 70's, but haven't toked a joint, puffed on a a pipe, or bubbled a bong in years. My friend gave me a three finger lid of 'Super Skunk', and damn it's aptly named it smells bad. So I burnt some with some crappy pipes I whipped up. You know the type, crushed up soda cans, tin foil tubes.... But then I found out about Vaporizing! Silly me I thought that was just for E-Sigs.

The prices for what I was finding were out the roof though, paying so much for these things. I began by thinking I could make my own Magic Flight or whatever it's called. I read a ton of postings in all the DIY websites, hell I even bought some stainless steel screen and began experimenting. Then I discovered an inexpensive product made by HEBE, the Titan II. I am sure most of you guys know or have heard about this thing. Anyway, I ordered on from Ebay and have used it a half dozen times now, and have gotten pleasantly toasted every time on about 1/2 of a chamber, but I have questions about the process.

Not sure about temperatures, now I am at 370 F, but towards the end of my session, it gets kinda hot, which I don't mind per se, just saying. Should I be that high of a temp?

What should the weed look like when finished? It's sorta brown, but still some green in it. I don't want to waste any of the THC so I just eat what's left :lmao:, just in case.

I don't see much 'vapor' coming out of my exhales, also I don't feel the lung expansions that I recall from my youth. Is that only when you burn the herb that you get that feeling?

Anyway, I just registered to post these questions and would like some tips or feedback from the experts.
Welcome from a 60's head who just got back into cannabis 3 years ago. There are a number of decent vaporizers under $100, and you got one of the least expensive. From what I've read about it the vapor heat can be pretty hot because the vapor path is so short and the mouthpiece is plastic. For a qualityvaping experience you may have to open your wallet a little more, if that is possible. You might still be able to get devices from PuffitUp at the 420 sales prices. Try out the codes. http://blog.puffitup.com/2017/04/puffitup-april-20th-extravaganza/

Flowermates are pretty reliable and economical. I have two of them. The Vivant Alternate got great reviews on FC until the problems with the mouthpiece were discovered melting or cracking and the company had to come out with a new, improved, mouthpiece - just announced yesterday. The XMax V2 Pro gets pretty good reviews here on FC.

Justpassedu

Welcome back man , i can tell you this while the titan hebe 2 may work ok it may not be the safest vape to use. Many have reported it off gasing due to the cheap materials used to make it , so to be honest i would not use it much and grab something recommended off this forum. While many may be out of your price range i think your health is worth more in the long run. I recommend a Vap cap that is a vape powered by butane for $25-$50 and can be used without batteries , but there are many more out there if you need some advice just lmk your wants and needs and ill try my best for you.

VAPEHUNTER

Welcome to the forum friend. Below is the link to the Titan thread but if you start reading from the 2nd comment by @Mr Weed the members begin discussing the Titan II.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/titan-vaporizer.13724/page-5

:peace:

VAPEHUNTER,
Top Bottom