OK, here is my reclaim after about 18hrs of evap, What now?

matthend

ok, about 18ml of coconut oil seemed right. rigged up a semi double boiler setup with veg oil instead of water and stirred every few min for about an hour at 180-220 degrees. Let it cool to about 120, then used the free syringe from walgreens to fill the capsules, which was surprisingly easy to do. Ended up with 20 total, filled pretty much completely for what I hope to be a mild dose of about .075 mg of reclaim per capsule. which I threw in the fridge after snapping this
CTbKLYG.jpg

Played guinea pig @ just after 9 this morning and ate 1. Starting to come on now. will report back...

matthend,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

matthend

looks like 1 pill is a mild dose as planned, definitely feeling it but not overwhelmingly so. Will probably try two this evening

matthend,

zor

Wait a sec, 0.075mg? That's 75 micrograms, do you mean 0.075g? I haven't really made caps with reclaim yet, outside of just filling a cap with reclaim (:p) and no oil infusion, thanks for the numbers/measurements, I'll be making caps with reclaim later this year when I have enough.

zor,

matthend

lol, yeah i did mean .075g, and that was waaay low of a dosage. Going to go at least 3x as strong next batch

matthend,

matthend

update, still have these capsules somewhere. I never truly felt them. Just took about 3 grams of some reclaim, melted it into 1/4 cup of coconut oil, added about a tablespoon of lecithin granules, then let that brew at about 200 for 15-20 minutes. poured that into a bigger saucepan on medium, then added a bag of mini marshmellows. As the marshmellows melted, i sprinkled in a couple of handfuls of those kraft caramel balls, then removed from heat and added about 5 cups or so of cocoa krispies. smashed this into a parchment lined 13x9 pan. cooling down in the fridge now. I will report back on the success or lack thereof of this project.

DabComa

Stuck in Dab Coma
Sounds yummy, Definitely let us know how it goes. I didn't used to be a believer in edibles until a buddie of mine made something similar to what your describing and I was blown away by how good they both tasted and their effects were.

I guess my problem could be not dabbing while eating edibles, so I can actually tell the difference, just can't seem to manage it :p:ko:

DabComa,

Bad Ocelot

No worries brother, if you used ethanol and cooking it into food then you shouldn't have any real problems unless for some reason you have some gargantuan amount of residual ethanol (obviously very unlikely lol). :D

Still, I have heard of people making tinctures with ISO recently and I really wanted to make sure that the point was more generally made to be very careful with solvents and know which are safe to be used in which ways. The democratization of extract production has brought with it some really dangerous practices and we've got to look after each other and protect one another as much as possible from those kinds of things :)

While I also am a big proponent of proper safety measures regarding volatile solvents I feel some of the concerns about ingesting ISO are a bit overblown. It's not "toxic" per se below a dozen or so grams, so trace amounts should be of little concern. Given its use as a disinfectant that is frequently applied to wounds, which can result in small amounts being introduced via a more direct route than ingestion or inhalation, trying to remove every last molecule via negative pressure & heat is almost certainly overkill. Even it's major metabolite, acetone, isn't of significant concern in the amounts relevant to us. Even a tincture that is dosed drop-wise shouldn't be problematic, though I'd personally opt for other solvents, but that's more of a taste preference thing for me.

Trying to dab reclaim that still has considerable amounts of ISO (or any solvent, hell even water) could be dangerous not only because of ignition, but also because flash boiling liquids within the extract could cause super hot & sticky stuff to go flying about, which is not ideal, especially in the general vicinity of one's face.

Bad Ocelot,
Top Bottom