• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Gear "Oil Slick" products REVIEWED

SausBaus

Yeah we threw away 8g of golden goodness because i couldnt trust it...
:( That sucks, but better to be on the safe side than the health problems down the road side. I look at these moments as learning curves and that can take the sting of losing X amount during the process.

SausBaus,

farscaper

I would have decarbed and eaten it. That would make a ton of canna chocolate and I dont see the contamination hurting ur,figeztive track just might be a lil too much for resperatorial system.

Ah yes, the time honored weed tradition of claiming any competition is unsafe...

FBmK1wf.jpg

It'd be nice if they'd release the minis already, no fugly green and white swirls plz.

mrboote,

farscaper

some distributers have em, I posted a ebay link for some in this thread. My slick stack should be here this week. :D

Edit: and fyi I did order from the link I posted, just didnt order the mini balls yet.

farscaper,
Reactions: mrboote

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
Ive used oil slick pads for a couple months now and they work well. An easy solution to scraping and parchment paper, they do what they are supposed to.

I as well got a small bubble in the green boarder, it popped and peeled off. Now i just use the other side. Not a big deal.

Someone commented on one of my instagram pics and said the oil slick pad isnt for blasting or purging and can contaminate oils. They recommended the oil slick ptfe roll, which apparently doesnt do this. I couldnt find anything that confirms this. I did read this entire thread and saw the post with the "platinum cure" explanation but i guess that still didnt clarify for me whether it does or not.

YoGranMazPimp,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

farscaper

Ive used oil slick pads for a couple months now and they work well. An easy solution to scraping and parchment paper, they do what they are supposed to.

I as well got a small bubble in the green boarder, it popped and peeled off. Now i just use the other side. Not a big deal.

Someone commented on one of my instagram pics and said the oil slick pad isnt for blasting or purging and can contaminate oils. They recommended the oil slick ptfe roll, which apparently doesnt do this. I couldnt find anything that confirms this. I did read this entire thread and saw the post with the "platinum cure" explanation but i guess that still didnt clarify for me whether it does or not.

The PTFE roll isnt exactly what you might expect... its not a solid sheet of "plastic" it is like textile PTFE. so it is woven much in the way your sheets for your bed are. so its not solid, there are tiny holes all over that will allow small amounts of seepage between the sheet and the pyrex dish. It is so thin the heat transfer and surface temp change is almost instantaneous. so if u lay it on cold the oil solidifies if you pick it up your body heat melts it a bit. the oil slick pad has far better temperature retention and insulation properties, depending on your need it does both...
:myday:
back to the question... it doesnt bubble, but after one run a sheet is done. the fibers seem to lose tension and the sheet will tear while you are collecting your product. During the "folding" process the PTFE sheets have a tenancy to crease... when this happens a tear will form as described.

I have used both and i went back to my Slick Pad for value and stress... i found the PTFE roll to be a bitch to do runs on. and caused me great stress. great for handing off messy bits to friends though!:2c:

I'm pretty sure that the white one doesn't glow. It looks like Aqua Lab has got the new products in stock [linky].
I could've saved a whole dollar had I known this! :argh:
Also, ALT will give you some options regarding what color scheme you receive. No way to avoid getting the albino ball it seems.

arrr

So are the slick stacks / balls considered safe even if you keep wax in there for a long period of time (over a year)?

arrr,

farscaper

Well they have only been out a few months so nobody knows at this point. I have noticed that it does a good job preserving at room temp for a couple weeks, but I open the stackrr daily. Would be interesting to see oil after a year in a sealed stacker, in the jar, in a fridge after a year.

So are the slick stacks / balls considered safe even if you keep wax in there for a long period of time (over a year)?

Im refering to the mini balls though, the larger balls have been out a while, but I bet the mini balls and stacks would preserved better due to the improved sealing lids

MileHighLife

Blower of glass, grower of grass
Thanks for the review. I didn't realize the slick sheet was different than the slickpads I'm about to order one right now to blast into... no more scraping! This company has made life so much easier.

Love these guys!
IMG_20130724_204413_zps5a8a241e.jpg

MileHighLife,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

vape4health

I have seen no mention of the a different texture from front and back that I can clearly feel. One side feels super smooth/flat and the other side feels to have more grip more of a silicone feel. I understand to make a rolled product it must be poured out into sheets and thats what I'm feeling but what side is better to use or did I get a knockoff from ebay and the real one is rolled on both sides?
Its the oil slick pad.

vape4health,

MileHighLife

Blower of glass, grower of grass
I have seen no mention of the a different texture from front and back that I can clearly feel. One side feels super smooth/flat and the other side feels to have more grip more of a silicone feel. I understand to make a rolled product it must be poured out into sheets and thats what I'm feeling but what side is better to use or did I get a knockoff from ebay and the real one is rolled on both sides?
Its the oil slick pad.
Mine is the same way I just use the side thats smooth.

Anyone know if they discontinued the slick sheet? I can't find it for sale anywhere online and they don't have it in their list of products on the website.

MileHighLife,
Top Bottom