Oh yes, it's this one again (Sleep problems)

grokit

well-worn member
Mj is still the best for sleep for me, I'm on a t-break atm and I only sleep about four hours a night when I'm not vaping. Even with assistance from pills. I'll try some valerian caps tonight, I always forget about those because my problem usually isn't getting to sleep, it's being able to stay asleep for more than a few hours.

In summary, when I am using mj I basically get twice as much sleep and feel more rested.
When I start using again I will typically sleep extended hours the first day or two.
:zzz:

Unconnected

Dont know what others are saying but generally portables dont get hot enough to give you complete vaporization and highly sedative effects of cannabis that are released at the high tempretures. My recommendation is to buy a different vape, also potentially look into the internet as a way to not pay 600$ for a vape again in the future, they have that in denmark right? the internet? where you can import products not avalible in your country using the postal service?

Unconnected,

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Take a try of a tincture.. either make one, or get a decent one from a dispensary.
Go for a CBD heavy one, and give that a try. I find that adding a tincture during difficult times sleeping helps to get me a little longer stretches between the toss&turns.

Enchantre,
Reactions: PNWMMJ

PNWMMJ

2-3 hours sound so familiar. I'v had insomnia pretty bad for the last few years. It's the most depressing thing. Glad to hear you're getting 5-6 now! good for you. Doesn't sound like much to most people but when your only getting 2-3, 6hours feels incredible. Are there any teas in particular that you found worked well?

Hey SecretVapor, sorry for the late reply, haven't been sleeping well again and it had showed in my posts here, so I took some time off to try and get centered again. Insomnia is horrible. Messes up your life on so many levels it is crazy.

Stay away from pills if you can, docs tried to get me to take nortryptaline and temazapam, still have them, never took one pill after the other scripts I was on put me in the ER too many times to count.

Traditional Medicinals Nighty Night, Yogi Teas Bedtime. Both companies have a pretty good range of relaxing and sleep blends.

Here are the ingredients in my sleep tea cocktail: Kava, Skullcap, Passion Flower, California Poppy, Peppermint, Valerian and Jamaican Dogwood. There's a local Herbalist that makes me this out of organic ingredients. It works very well, better than the above companies stuff, which I still use too and are quite effective, for me.

I'm going to research the botanicals thread asap for vaping herbs in addition to mj that help in sleep and find an organic supplier for those.

Good luck.

PNWMMJ

davesmith

Glass Blower
Hate to say it but as an ex tobacco weed/hash smoker vaporising just doesn't make you tiered in the same way. Something to do with the amount of carbon and other shit in smoke.

Once you get used to vaporising that lack of tiredness does goes away, you kind of get used to the different effects, but it just isn't quite the same.

Like other have said valerian and herbal mixtures can help bit def steer away from the benzodiazepines etc.

I often find high temps and don't vape directly before going to sleep (give it Hal an hour) helps. Also pure indicas are a great help.

From someone who suffered the exact same problem dint worry your body will adjust and you'll find the effects change after time.

All the best

davesmith,

cityslang

A taste on the tongue
I have a solo and I've just mixed some cheese with some soft g 13 hash.

Few hits at 2 then 3 and loads on 4 and 5 by this point the green was pretty spent did 6 a d then 7 and it auto shutdown restarted and hit a few more on 7.

I really could sleep now and may well nod off unexpected!

The real issue may be the amount of hash you are used to. Many years ago when it was all hash in the UK getting the occasional sensi imported from Jamaica was a rare treat as it always made you feel more awake.

cityslang,
Top Bottom