Official CBD Discussion Thread

Which statement best describes your relationship with CBD?

• I use CBD because it helps treat medical issues that I have.

• I use CBD recreationally (either by itself or mixed with THC to change the buzz).

• I tried CBD and liked it, but I don't use it very often.

• I tried CBD and didn't like it, so I don't use it anyomre.

• I am still in the process of trying CBD for a while, to see if I like it.

• I've never tired dosing myself with CBD (THC-Free).

• Other (Explain in post, and note that you chose this option.)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sparkpug

I voted for "I tried CBD and didn't like it, so I don't use it anymore."

I have tried numerous CBD products, from flowers and isolate to tinctures and topicals. I do not like the way CBD makes me feel, whether inhaled or used orally. Topically it seems fine, but I always use THC in my salves too. I get super tired and groggy feeling and want to sleep. When I do sleep I get lucid dreams that feel too real. I can't say I notice it doing anything for my pain (I've got a rare disease called Beals Syndrome and it features a lot of bone deformities.) THC gives fantastic pain relief but CBD does not. If there is a product I should try I'm not sure what it is.

My mom has been having arthritis pain from her back and hips and finds CBD to give no benefit when used orally either, but when she used a patch with 20mg of it she felt tremendously better.

uncanni

I have tried numerous CBD products, from flowers and isolate to tinctures and topicals. I do not like the way CBD makes me feel, whether inhaled or used orally. Topically it seems fine, but I always use THC in my salves too. I get super tired and groggy feeling and want to sleep. When I do sleep I get lucid dreams that feel too real. I can't say I notice it doing anything for my pain (I've got a rare disease called Beals Syndrome and it features a lot of bone deformities.) THC gives fantastic pain relief but CBD does not. If there is a product I should try I'm not sure what it is.

My mom has been having arthritis pain from her back and hips and finds CBD to give no benefit when used orally either, but when she used a patch with 20mg of it she felt tremendously better.

Sparkpug, I have had the same experience. I don't get pain relief from taking CBD orally, but it sure helps with anxiety.

uncanni,
Reactions: mixchu69

EverythingsHazy

CBD gives you lucid dreams? That actually sounds like something I'd like.

However, if the groggy/sleepy feeling lasts into the next day, I would definitely want to avoid it. My main issue with Cannabis use, is feeling anything the next day, before vaping anything. I like to have periods of being completely sober, rather than spending my entire life with a mild buzz/afterglow.

EverythingsHazy,

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
I did my own extracts from Finola buds and later on switched to buying this oil extract for oral consumption:

https://www.cibdol.com/cbd-oil/cbd-oil-30ml-3000mg-cbd

I don't use it regularly, but it helped with anxiety, nervousness and buzzing thoughts before sleep. 15 drops a day, 3x5. It does not do wonders, but it helps. I often have an inflammation in my shoulder that hurts like crazy. It always gets much better after taking the above-mentioned dose for 5-7 days. It does not work too well to cope with pain. THC does a better job for me in that department.

I generally feel calmer by using CBD and simply less wired up. Sometimes, it makes me feel a bit sleepy during the day, depending on my general condition. But that only happens the first 1-2 days of usage. It takes away some part of the THC sensation, that is why I only use it if I feel that I need to.

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
I have been seeing a similar pattern that cbd is better for anxiety than pain. I find that it is the same for me

ok, I'll be the fly in the ointment :)

CBD DOES help my pain and spasticity, but the combo of CBD w/THC is better, even if it's a 4:1 or even 8:1 ratio.

That said... the form it's in and your own unique biochemistry determine how effective it will be.

I haven't had any success with any of the edible oils, but then again I know people who've been on Morphine sulphate for over a decade and 1ml of quality oil took his pain away for 8 hours. That's about 50mg.

I also haven't had any success with the isolate forms sublingually :( Still plan on trying it in my vape, but after I kick this damn bug.

I found the best effect using a whole plant extract that is created at room temperature, preserving all the compounds. So lots of THCa, CBDa, terpenes in naturally occurring amounts.

uncanni

I've been taking my high THC high CBD tinctures since December. I feel the effects all day; it makes me think of the Ramones song, I wanna be sedated. :)

I have been so used to living with chronic anxiety that in January and February, I was asking myself, Is THIS what it feels like to be anxiety free (or have it down to an absolute minimum)? Now I am more used to it, and the results are in: I'm way more patient and kind with everyone else as well as myself, and I've stopped second-guessing myself all the time. It's like I'm way more centered and grounded in my feelings and my mind set.

Plus there's the great high every morning: I get up early enough to have gotten past the intense high which usually lasts around 3 hours, and by the time I go to work, I'm calm, chill, relaxed, mildly sedated. Or maybe I'm not sedated: maybe this is just what it feels like to be 95% anxiety-free.

asdf420

@uncanni geez, what strains are you using for your tinctures? Did you get them tested? I wish I could get those results. Usually I get too sedated to get anything done, or still am too anxious

asdf420,

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
p.s. I think someone mentioned transdermal patches, I tried the CBN patch from Mary's Medicinals, they are a pretty good operation out of CO, they have a CBD patch, among many others as well.
Might be worth trying.

uncanni

@uncanni geez, what strains are you using for your tinctures? Did you get them tested? I wish I could get those results. Usually I get too sedated to get anything done, or still am too anxious

Hi asdf, I mixed strains together. One tincture is White Widow, Iced Grapefruit, Lithium OG Kush and a small amount of Cannatonic. I added the CBD after I had strained the tincture. I find that using a lot of different strains makes for marvelous effects.

I decarb my material in my Ardent Nova machine and leave the tincture soaking in the freezer for a couple of weeks. Then strain and bottle. My goal is to use as little heat as possible, so I love my Ardent machine. I want to preserve the terpenes along with the rest of the good stuff, so no heat!

I also harvest when my buds are mostly milky with some clear still; I don't wait to see amber (I will see a very small amt. of amber). All of this factors into how the tincture turns out.

What are you taking that leaves you too sedated? And how much CBD are you taking?

uncanni,

Sparkpug

CBD gives you lucid dreams? That actually sounds like something I'd like.

However, if the groggy/sleepy feeling lasts into the next day, I would definitely want to avoid it. My main issue with Cannabis use, is feeling anything the next day, before vaping anything. I like to have periods of being completely sober, rather than spending my entire life with a mild buzz/afterglow.

One of my local dispensaries has a Harlequin x AK47. That initially felt good, then it made me feel sluggishly tired and I fell asleep. I was dreaming about a huge library or maybe it was a jedi temple.... saw a book on a table and opened it. It was blank and I suddenly recognized I was dreaming. It seems that tends to happen a lot, especially after using CBD. I wake up feeling weird and not fully rested though. It's also only when I inhale it too. It doesn't seem to do anything when eaten.

The Mary's Medicinal patches are a good option. My mom used one of theirs cut in half.

asdf420

@uncanni Sour Tsunami flower, 2 or 3 full chambers in a dynavap M. Don't know how much CBD it had.

sour tsunami decarboxylated BHO, around 6% THC and 55% CBD. Some sedation, lowers anxiety but not by 95%
i think it's better sublingually than through my M..

I've tried vaping that BHO along with THC flower, end up feeling heavy, hard to get much done, not really high

Last edited:
asdf420,

uncanni

@uncanni Sour Tsunami flower, 2 or 3 full chambers in a dynavap M. Don't know how much CBD it had.

sour tsunami decarboxylated BHO, around 6% THC and 55% CBD. Some sedation, lowers anxiety but not by 95%
i think it's better sublingually than through my M..

I've tried vaping that BHO along with THC flower, end up feeling heavy, hard to get much done, not really high

For myself, higher THC thrown into the mix works better. A strain like Afghan Kush (20% THC, 5-10% CBD) is ideal for me, or I mix a high CBD strain with a high THC strain: from my experience, the best tinctures contain a few strains mixed together, and the synergy becomes fantastic. I really get a great high from the tincture, which is why I like it so much. Best high of the day at 4:30 am on an empty stomach, with a mug of hot tea...

Hyacinthe

Have you tried using CBD oil for your problem? I heard its a thing now and ive heard alot of people are using this CBD oil thing..I tried searching what this CBD oil is capable of and im very fascinated to know its medical properties and how it can help many people from certain kind of disease like arthritis, compromised immune systems,muscle spasm, seizures, epilepsy, anxiety, and hair loss..

Last edited by a moderator:
Hyacinthe,

uncanni

Can we talk about THC and CBD, synergy?

Glancing back at parts of this topic brings up a question I'd like to throw out there:

How should medicinal users approach, get to know, enjoy, use therapeutically, the THC high? I'm thoroughly convinced that in many cases, a closer ratio of THC:CBD can be very therapeutic for adults. Definitely not talking about kids here.

My medicinal use of cannabis is primarily for anxiety/depression; adding CBD to my regimen has worked wonders over the past 4 months. The high is an integral part of the therapy: I gain insight iinto all sorts of things going on in my life, when I use the high mindfully.

Maybe it's just me: getting high has become part of a personal healing protocol requiring that I look inward, be both creative and analytical about what I discover, and use it to continue healing and strengthening my equalibrium. When I'm mindful about it is when my high is at its most exquisite: euphoric or joyful (whichever word you prefer), relaxed, cerebral and floating, doors of perception wide open.

Sometimes it does require that I face a conflict going on in my life, look into it fearlessly and try to figure out how I can transform conflict into serenity. It's challenging!

That's my early-morning, by-myself, 5-hours-before-work-high. When I get home and vape in the pm, it's nowhere near the quiet, pristine quality of the am high. Plus I'm using it in the afternoon to unwind, relax, chill out. In the morning, I'm hard at work.

My point is, this is a very special synergy that's not present without THC in the right ratio. That ratio will vary from individual to individual, and each one has to seek it out.

Talk amongst ourselves.

MyCollie

I tried Rosaberry recently. It's a cross between AC/DC and Blueberry - breeder is JD Short.

It works well for anxiety and is about 65/35 Sativa Dominant (I think).

Give it a go if you have the chance. It's one of my new favorites.

shredder

I've been growing cannatonic #4 for about five years now. A couple years ago I had it tested at .05 thc, 15% cbd.

I sometimes vape buds, or do rosin dabs or use it in cannacaps, either alone or mixed in caps. Vaped alone it sometimes gives me a short lived buzz, sometimes nothing buzz wise.

For me it doesn't help with sleep. Taken alone it helps me focus and it gives me a generally uplifting feeling. Mixed it makes other herbs effects more uplifting. It does help with nerve pain and muscle aches from inflammation. I tend to use c4 alone if I'm going to do something physical and I'll have less aches and pains later.

My wife and I use c4 daily in one form or another, ussually at night and mixed with other herbs. For us it's a valuable medicine.

EverythingsHazy

Has anyone tried Panda Kush CBD Pods? They fit Bo Vapes, which are pretty much the same thing as JUUL vapes.

EverythingsHazy,

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I ran into a bit of a problem yesterday
Cellutitis? Going to hospital this morning to be sure. Either way, dabbing CBD isolate paired with my rosin is giving me instant pain relief. Even more effective than treating my back pain. It's really a miracle as this pain is really sharp.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
YES, please go to the hospital...go NOW, please.

Hope all turns out well.

Me too, en route now, this vape pens working for now. Got crafty with some flower and more slab cbd isolate for on the way home. No opiates for me, just mmj and whatever antibiotics, assuming this is what it is. Thanks for CBD, seriously

psychonaut,
Reactions: mixchu69

MinnBobber

Cellutitis? Going to hospital this morning to be sure.
......................................................................................
Yikes, did you have a fever with other symptoms? They say if fever---see doc immediately. Hope it comes out ok, let us know.
If skin is red/sore, maybe a cannabis cream will help recover?? Get well soon!

Baron23

Me too, en route now, this vape pens working for now. Got crafty with some flower and more slab cbd isolate for on the way home. No opiates for me, just mmj and whatever antibiotics, assuming this is what it is. Thanks for CBD, seriously

Let us know how it all comes out when you get home. Best of luck.

Baron23,
Top Bottom