Official Cannabis Butter thread

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
Hi to all pothead you are ,
during the week end I got the time to make a small batch of cannabic butter :brow: but I mean some real one ! the kind of butter that you regret sometime after eating it LOLL ....anyway I decide to give you my reciepe to make it .I now there a lot of way to do it but this is just the way I work

first to me cannabutter must be saturate of thc if you want to get realy stone without heating a ridiculus amount of butter .so I use a 2/3 full of big pan (about 14inch dia by 7inch deep) full of lil trim or flufy buds ( i dont realy now how it weight but probably around 1/2 pound of leaf or bud maybe more) for 1 pound of butter .I make so many batch in the past year that I notic that If you use less that what I use the buzz drop but if you use more the buzz is not bigger so I figure it saturate.
***dont do it with nice beautyfull budz it is stupid LOLL or use A LOT less***

1. boil about 1.5 liter of what and drop the herb in (finely grounded).
2. add a pound of butter
3. drop the temp. to low (3-4)
4. wait and stir it some time during 1hour (no need to do it longer I also try it and it doesnt make any difference)
5. screen all that green stuff with a !? (dont know how the hell you call it ...the thing you use to ?! screen your spagatti)
6. let it cold down a lil but not enought to let the butter hard
7. take a fine fabric (but no cotton one ,mine is more like nylon screen or something like this) put the herb (by small batch) in the frabric then twist it realy hard to make the butter go out.
8. once it's done you'll have water and butter in the same pan (or whatever you use to ''catch'' the liquid butter ) soo just put it to the refregerator till the butter is hard .
9. separet the butter from the water ,make it melt once again than let it cold down an other time to remove all water
10.make brownies,cookies,candy,hot milk OR any reciepe that use butter and get REALY HIGH !!

*** please dont be stupid and eat a lot in one time ,you'll hardly regret it .try it in small amount first cause a lot of my friend was puking on 1/4 of my brownie when I was eating 3 at the time so for every body the buzz different so dont abuse LOL canabis can be terrible once it's eat way more potente smoking***

ps: if you dont like the taste of the butter you can also boil the herb befor than change water befor adding the butter ,this way you'll avoid a lot of chlorophil and the taste will less purgent and it doesn afect the buzz cause thc is'nt water solube.

pss: I'm sure that a lot of you ever eat cookies ,and many of my friend have done some but man MINE ARE WAY BETTER LOL you might to saturate the butter (maybe you'll loose some thc but it's better than not enought potent butter)

there is about 4-5 year I was doing cookie like a crazy ,many dozen per day(it was like a job) and I was selling it at the people in my school and done that during 2 year and I still ear again people that I dont know talking about my freakin cookie after at least 4 years, so trust me this is the shit :cool:.

I'll post picure off my final result as soon as my cam's batteries will be full

:lmao: :leaf: :lmao:

Clear_Dome,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
This is the best cannabutter thread on the internet. There are some with clearer instructions or pictures, but this is by far the most entertaining to read. :tup: Your English is really coming along, the translations are great. Sounds pretty killer, maximum strength-- good thing you put the warning! How much of that butter do you use for the different recipes? Do you get close to 1LB back after it's done?

Cannabutter by a real French Canadien chef!

What do you call it in Montreal? Beurre vert? Beurre du Cannabis?

Bon appetit!

PS I want some cookies. :D

vtac,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
haha in quebec we said ''Du beure au pot'' ...this probably the longuest post ever made by me in english LOL and no I didnt use goggle translate !! I preffer to vap and and let the english man in me talk ;)

Clear_Dome,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
I love your posts just for your great use of English ... I can almost hear the French accent ;)

Hi to all pothead you are
<<< thats gold :cool:

I make my butter the same as CD but I don't use any water. I just melt the butter and throw in the herb, cook slowley for an hour and then strain the herb through a pair of the wifes stockings (nylons). I make ANZAC cookies which have a lot of sugar and coconut in them. They taste sweet and get you ripped. Not couch lock ripped either ... farken red eyed 'what the fuck do we do now' mashed. :D

Great thread CD.

vaporcloud,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
screen all that green stuff with a !? (dont know how the hell you call it ...the thing you use to ?! screen your spagatti)
A colandar, sieve or strainer

:tup:

vaporcloud,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
vaporcloud said:
I love your posts just for your great use of English ... I can almost hear the French accent ;)

Hi to all pothead you are
<<< thats gold :cool:

I make my butter the same as CD but I don't use any water. I just melt the butter and throw in the herb, cook slowley for an hour and then strain the herb through a pair of the wifes stockings (nylons). I make ANZAC cookies which have a lot of sugar and coconut in them. They taste sweet and get you ripped. Not couch lock ripped either ... farken red eyed 'what the fuck do we do now' mashed. :D

Great thread CD.
I use water cause it can solve a lot of plant material and the water fill the dry herb soo your herb will not ''dry'' all the butter cause water ever fill it ....so you loose less better when you strain it

hahaha and thanks all glad you like my english LOLLL I'm realy proud that you understand

Clear_Dome,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
vaporcloud said:
screen all that green stuff with a !? (dont know how the hell you call it ...the thing you use to ?! screen your spagatti)
A colandar, sieve or strainer

:tup:
hahah a strainer that what I was searching :D thanks

Clear_Dome,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
vtac said:
This is the best cannabutter thread on the internet. There are some with clearer instructions or pictures, but this is by far the most entertaining to read. :tup: Your English is really coming along, the translations are great. Sounds pretty killer, maximum strength-- good thing you put the warning! How much of that butter do you use for the different recipes? Do you get close to 1LB back after it's done?

Cannabutter by a real French Canadien chef!

What do you call it in Montreal? Beurre vert? Beurre du Cannabis?

Bon appetit!

PS I want some cookies. :D
I never weight the final result but I figure I might loose like 20-40% ....I'll weight it tomorow when I'll take picture

Clear_Dome,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
Nice tip, with pre-boiling the herb to lessen the "Green" taste, i have certainly never thought of that element, but it makes good sense, & well worth a try, funny hey but i used to find my biscuts tasted sweeter ( a strange sweetness hard to describe)when i really focused my effort on the "Creaming" of the Canna butter & sugar, i would continue to Beat the Shit out of it(Electric beater/mixer, Takes a bit) until the "MIX" went from a Green shade to a more creamy"Regular" appearance, The "Unfamilliar sweet taste" was hard to resist for the Uninitiated with Vomitise results hehehe, & although not many people tried my Canna bickies, the ones that did allways bring them up with fond memories.

It's humourous, because the serious focus on cooking techniques for me revolve around Cannabis recipe's< unless it's a piece of "Rib Eye" fillet of steak, Then it's all Business i assure you :lol:

:bigleaf: Go on eat your Greens, It's GOOOOd

Have Cooking contests with your Budz to see who can get into the furthest orbit hehehe, That Shit can be serious fun, MY cousin was one competitive MutherFucker i tell you :lmao:

Oh that Sweet flavour has a another spin off they "Smell" different too :ninja: Just keep away from Stiff's open mouth's, tellem thier "Vegan" or some shit :lol:

Cannabudz,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Nice write-up. :D

What about AVB butter? Has anyone had any success with this? Can you give some advice Clear_Dome? I have a large amount and am curious as to what I should do with it. I'm afraid cooking with it might result in a nasty taste if I don't do it right. Any input appreciated.

SpiralArchitect,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
my take on AVB ( i think u mean Vape POO) , woud be keep "some" to Vaporise ISO vape oil in ur VG, or maybe a Vegetable oil/herb extraction using a pressure cooker ( if your vape unit is good, im sure there's Fuckall Goodness left hey) .

seriously S_A when i make "decent" edibles im thinking No Less than 2 to 3 ounces of primo Bud(or the equivilant of Hashish) to 500 grams of Butter/oil, as this seems an appropriate dose range for most people(novices excluded) when the correct amount of "butter" is used in most standard recipes, just one or a few Biscuts will do or several for "FUN" . the Remaining Butter from the initial 500 grams(about 2/3) will go a long way. :ko:

Cannabudz,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Sure, 'vape poo'. Other than that I have no idea what you just said. :lol:

'Vaporize Iso vape oil in ur VG'?

SpiralArchitect,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
Yeah ISO Vape oil, :lol: look up vape oil in the forum all is there, its basically cleaning your Glass Ware with 99% alcohol, evaporating, then using the oil that remains, I put it in Capsules for a good body stone/ smoke less etc. Yeah man Recycling :p

VG = VaporGenie :lol:

Cannabudz,
Reactions: Ganjaman

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
I dont believe in half measures, & i know other's who go harder , Way harder than me TRUE :)

Besides i reiterate no one has ever died from a Cannabis Overdose that im aware of, unlike Heroin,Alcohol etc that can "KILL" in large enough(not that Large either sometimes) Doses, Beleive me i respect all things for what they "Infact are" , I may come off as reckless with the way i express myself,& shit i have done in the past, but i like to know what i'm up for , Now more than ever.

Cannabudz,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
cannabis overdoses are unpleasant but not particularly dangerous, ya
edibles are like, the only way to overdose anyway, ill stick to green dragon because of the ability to meter the dose easier

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
Yeah, Predictability dosnt much suit me :lol: try evaporating the GG and swallowing it in a capsule too, it's a Blast(just dont talk to Stiff's while "In Flight" ), Safety Reason's( ur mouth can get u into the Shit too :lol: ) i'd reckomend a big "Cap" for a full day Music thing etc.

Cannabudz,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
i already act extremely strange when im sober, especially during a manic episode, so i dont think anyone who knows me would be too suspicious other than the fact that id be overly chill :lol:

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
Yeah who would guess someone riding a pushbike worth Thousands of $ would be a Lazy Dopefiend, With Bizarre Thought's Hehehe Stealthy Living :lol:

Cannabudz,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
I know it has been a while since anyone has posted in this thread, but I finally got my hands on some really good mids. I just can't allow myself to throw the highs in the butter. :/

I tried a combonation of a few methods. The main problem I had was the inconcistancy of inforamtion on how long to "cook" the bud. C_D here in this thread says no more than an hour, but I've read some one say 24 hours on low is needed to extract all the cannaboids out of the bud. I'm no scientist. My wife can't smoke marijuana, so I want to learn how to incorperate MJ into sweets. Smoking MJ makes her VERY sick, so I want to eat our high together.

I've made brownies once in my life when I was a teen off of a recommened method...I found out later it was not the best way to make brownies, and we didn't get the full effect. We actually baked the bud into the brownies. Tasted like hell, bad stomach ache, and not very strong.

Since I have studied cooking for 10 years, and now I have some general knowledge on what I'm doing.
Lets give it a shot shall we...

Here is the cooking process I've followed:

2 sticks of unsalted organic butter. (1/2 lb, or 227 grms)
10 grams of (seeded and large stems removed) medium grade marijuana ground to a fine consistancy.
1.5 liters of water
1.5 quart glass or metal bowl
1 medium sauce pan with lid

I brought butter to room temp while the water was boiling in the medium sauce pan to speed up the melting process. From here on stirr at least every 15 minutes.
Once the water was boiling I placed the bowl with the butter ontop the sauce pan making sure the water was not touching the bottom of the bowl. (Double boiler process) I then turned down the heat to the lowest setting once the butter had melted.
I then added the MJ, and stirred. Once the temprature of the water regulated on the low setting (about 30 min), then I covered the bowl with the lid from the sauce pan. I turned up the heat to medium and left it for another 30 min.
I then turned the heat up to a med-high setting (stirring constanly), but for only 15 min.
Aftewards I turned down the heat to medium-low, and let it cook for 30 min.
Finally I turned it down to low once again, and let it set there for 30 more min.

I'm making mothers milk with the left over butter bud. Take chees cloth wrap all teh bud int it and tie ina knot tightly. Any bud gets out, and you may not like it...grity, or you'd have to strain hot milk. turn milk on low, and steep for a minimum of 4 hours. Works great with flavored teas, so I figured why not. I have added a drop of vinnilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmaeg to it while it is cooking. It will be ready later with the cookies.

I have read in many places that the variations in heat extract different elements out of herbs. I know this to be true when we make infused oils in the kitchen. Therefor I concluded that I would variate the heat and times to be sure not to burn the butter, but to bring out all the elments.

Now it is processed. Simplly strained through a cheese cloth with the two dowl wring method. Twisting until the cloth begins to give or the butter stops dripping. This was my first time, but I was able to yeald 7 oz of liquid butter from 2 sticks of butter. Is that an exceptable loss ratio?

It is in the fridge now. I am going to find a good recipie for cookies. Since my wife hasn't tried pot in about 6 years, then I want to start her under portion control. That is another problem I 'm having research wise. What is a suggested serving size? We are large people, slow metabloisms, and I have a huge tolerance. She on the other hand has none. I think I'll make a batch tonight and try them to judge. Any suggestions on the quanity issue?

DD

DigitalDavinci,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Ok licked the spoon...high as a kite. Nice mellow floaty body buzz. Ok I didn't lick the spoon. I took a coupple of spoonfulls for fun :p

WOW :o

DigitalDavinci,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Haha, Awesome DD.

Hm, as far as your wife having no tolerance and you a high one, I think you'll be the best judge here as you know her best. I don't know what the specific dose would be, but I'd say start low. If it's really been 6 weeks it doesn't take much to put most people in a nice 'comfort zone'. I'd say dose the cookies at a gram each maybe? That's just my total guesstimate. That way she can take 1 for a high dose, half of one for a low dose, quarters for increments of the high.

I really like your double-boil process, it seems like it might be easier to control the temperature that method and avoid burning it (I've cooked MJ many times and heh, considering my short attention span I have a tendency to burn shit whilst cooking :rolleyes: ). I've got a whole bunch of AVB (.5oz lightly vaped, 1oz. well cooked) I am still waiting to cook up and when I do I'll be sure to report in. I was thinking peanut butter cookies to mask the 'burnt popcorn' taste/smell of vaped marijuana.

SpiralArchitect,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Penut butter works great. Made chocolate chip peanut butter cookies last night. One hell of a hang over this morning but in a good way. :p Let me know about useing the AVB. I saw the instructions vtac put up for brownies, but I haven't seen any for the butter type. I imagine the beautiful green color of the butter will turn brown when using the duff though. Ah asthetics, and it will be baked eventually any ways. I was thinking the green butter would be good on garlic toast though. A real nice almost roasted basil and rosemary taste to the butter. I've got a half a cup left of the butter, so we'll see what I can come up with today. I'll use the other cookies (which wern't that good for both consistancy, and texture) for gifts tofriends at work. Hell maybey I'll slip one to my uptight boss. :lol: Let us know how the AVB cooking goes for you SpiralArchitect. Good luck.

DigitalDavinci,
Top Bottom