Odin 2 by Topbond

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi testers, since I'm not anymore a tester for the Odin line (I was glad to test the first version!) I have a few questions:

- How do you compare the convection heat, similar to the Fury "convection" or the Minivap true convection (the more you hit the device , bigger the vapor is). I think the Fury is convection but the heater is placed so close of the load there is heat transfer and with a long hit you can cool or "empty" the chamber....?

- About the Touch screen, I get an Hera2 which use a touch screen too and found it finicky to use although I'm not used to touch screens i-phones....

- I think a better looking mp will serve this vape better, this one looks too much like a Flowermate's glass mp.

- No replacable battery....? I tested the Novae (first version and last testing for TopBond) and it was the only vape I used with this pricetag which came with a Samsung 25R!

Testers, can I heard your thoughts about the Novae2 (in the appropriate thread...), I still use for smooth clouds with half load (I placed a mesh screen spacer on the bottom since there was a dead zone without enough heat here) and with great success!

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
@Mike-Topbond has informed me that the Odin 2 is now available from several vendors: Vaposhop, Namastevape, sneakypete, and Puffitup, and asked me to move this thread out of Upcoming & Unreleased.

Hi testers, since I'm not anymore a tester for the Odin line (I was glad to test the first version!) I have a few questions:

- How do you compare the convection heat, similar to the Fury "convection" or the Minivap true convection (the more you hit the device , bigger the vapor is). I think the Fury is convection but the heater is placed so close of the load there is heat transfer and with a long hit you can cool or "empty" the chamber....?

- About the Touch screen, I get an Hera2 which use a touch screen too and found it finicky to use although I'm not used to touch screens i-phones....

- I think a better looking mp will serve this vape better, this one looks too much like a Flowermate's glass mp.

- No replacable battery....? I tested the Novae (first version and last testing for TopBond) and it was the only vape I used with this pricetag which came with a Samsung 25R!

Testers, can I heard your thoughts about the Novae2 (in the appropriate thread...), I still use for smooth clouds with half load (I placed a mesh screen spacer on the bottom since there was a dead zone without enough heat here) and with great success!

I've not tried the Fury or Minivap, but a long draw on the Odin 2 does increase the vapour density somewhat, up to a point. That is, it gradually increases a little during the draw but not a great deal.

The battery is internal and not replaceable. How long it lasts depends on how you use it. Higher temperature settings run it down faster, of course. If you're like me, you'll use it up a little quicker because I turn it on, take two or three hits, then turn it off again. This uses a little more power because of the warmup cycle. It sleeps after five minutes, but I rarely let that happen unless I forget. After three sessions like this, it's down to three bars and I'll charge it again. I think I could get five or six sessions in if I wanted to go down to a single bar, and I suspect you could get even more from it if you aren't re-heating as often as I do.

I'm travelling right now and I brought along the Odin 2 because it's a compact device and I don't need to carry batteries or mouthpieces. The touch screen sensitivity means that it's not a pocket device, however. I've already had it switch on in my pocket once, and that was enough.

koepen

SW1000R
Received the Odin 2 today from Vaposhop.
It‘s a bit smaller than I expected and feels good and very well built in the hand.
I did one burn-off at 220C, iso swapped all important parts and immediately started the first session because it came fully charged.
The touchscreen acts really sensible and now I understand the concerns that were mentioned before.
Heat up time is not as fast as Fury2 but it‘s quite good!
I packed the chamber lose with coarse grinded material and slightly tamped it down.
I started with a native draw, then hit it through glass... 2 or 3 draws later native/through glass I knew this vape is not for me... there is too much draw resistance in both ways.
I packed the chamber one more time and even more lose. Same problem! It‘s the typical „sucking on a milkshake“ feeling with a gentle whisteling sound coming from the air intake holes.
Indeed it produces decent clouds and the flavor is good but compared to my other vapes (Fury2, Milaana, Sticky Bricks, Vapcaps and even Firefly2) it has the strongest draw resistance I‘ve ever experienced. Really sad, but I‘ll send it back.

koepen,
Reactions: BigJr48

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Received the Odin 2 today from Vaposhop.
It‘s a bit smaller than I expected and feels good and very well built in the hand.
I did one burn-off at 220C, iso swapped all important parts and immediately started the first session because it came fully charged.
The touchscreen acts really sensible and now I understand the concerns that were mentioned before.
Heat up time is not as fast as Fury2 but it‘s quite good!
I packed the chamber lose with coarse grinded material and slightly tamped it down.
I started with a native draw, then hit it through glass... 2 or 3 draws later native/through glass I knew this vape is not for me... there is too much draw resistance in both ways.
I packed the chamber one more time and even more lose. Same problem! It‘s the typical „sucking on a milkshake“ feeling with a gentle whisteling sound coming from the air intake holes.
Indeed it produces decent clouds and the flavor is good but compared to my other vapes (Fury2, Milaana, Sticky Bricks, Vapcaps and even Firefly2) it has the strongest draw resistance I‘ve ever experienced. Really sad, but I‘ll send it back.

Why can't you just not pull so hard? Probably the most common thing I've posted here, applying to many different vapourizers: you're pulling too hard.

koepen

SW1000R
Why can't you just not pull so hard? Probably the most common thing I've posted here, applying to many different vapourizers: you're pulling too hard.

I'm definitely not a ripper.
Gave it another try today and tried different techniques...
It doesn't matter how gentle or hard I pull the draw resistance is present!
...works good when taking little puffs.

I like inhaling with a free flow, so this is just not the right device for me! :\

wall

Got my odin 2 today and am sad to report the OLED screen is DOA :( the sketchy part is that the vaporizer still turns on so as I was messing with it I was like oh this is getting really warm...... Lets hope its turned off now, I wouldn't know since the screen doesn't work

wall,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Is there some more users feedback around?

Personnaly I find the Novae2 more attractive, removable battery and ceramic mp are a big plus for me, except that and the different oven materials (Novae2 is ceramic and Odin2 is stainless steel) they look very similar, same t° range, same footprint, similar bowl size but maybe I missed something else, please enlight me if I'm wrong...

PPN,

Antant9

@Mike-Topbond @pakalolo I received my Odin 2 vaporizer and after 3 burn-off at max temp i used it for 2 days for now but I have a great concern. Is there a risk that due to the screwing of the mouthpiece (Metal on Metal) the vaporizer will produce metal particles which are then inhaled during vaporization?
I cannot hide that after every session it leaves a metallic taste in my mouth.

Antant9,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
@Mike-Topbond @pakalolo I received my Odin 2 vaporizer and after 3 burn-off at max temp i used it for 2 days for now but I have a great concern. Is there a risk that due to the screwing of the mouthpiece (Metal on Metal) the vaporizer will produce metal particles which are then inhaled during vaporization?
I cannot hide that after every session it leaves a metallic taste in my mouth.

I think that's extremely unlikely. Even if metal particles were produced, they would be trapped in the threads. Anyway, the amount would almost certainly be way too small to affect the taste. If you want to be extremely careful, you could always wipe down everything after you unscrew the mouthpiece.

As for the metallic taste, everyone's sensitivity is different and individual units can vary. All I can say is that neither I nor the person who is using it now has ever noticed such a thing. (I asked him to be sure.)

pakalolo,

Antant9

I think that's extremely unlikely. Even if metal particles were produced, they would be trapped in the threads. Anyway, the amount would almost certainly be way too small to affect the taste. If you want to be extremely careful, you could always wipe down everything after you unscrew the mouthpiece.

As for the metallic taste, everyone's sensitivity is different and individual units can vary. All I can say is that neither I nor the person who is using it now has ever noticed such a thing. (I asked him to be sure.)

Thanks for your reply, I'm really happy about the vapor quality/production but this thing of the particles really makes me super anxious :(.
I really wish there was a way to avoid screwing and unscrewing every time, it is not just for the taste but for the risk that these particles go into the lungs.

Antant9,

TheEmancipator

Look onto the rays of the new Stoner sun rising
I've never seen much less used the Xmax Fog. If you don't mind the sensitive touch screen, the Odin 2 is a great little device.

Allright, I'll most probably get it as soon as I land in Amsterdam.

I'm new to vaping, but I'm looking forward to start as my lungs are getting irritated by smoking tobacco + the devil's lettuce.

Is there a specific way to do it ?

Like, do I start at 160 celsius / 320 fahrenheit and start bumping the temperature level and toke until there's no more smoke ?

How many hits would I get out of a 0.2 g of weed ?

If I heat up a quantity, am I supposed to consume it in full. Or I can vape the same bowl with intervals ?

And finally, I'm supposed to toke very slowly using the Odin 2 ?

Sorry for the truckload of questions ! :p

TheEmancipator,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Allright, I'll most probably get it as soon as I land in Amsterdam.

I'm new to vaping, but I'm looking forward to start as my lungs are getting irritated by smoking tobacco + the devil's lettuce.

Is there a specific way to do it ?

Like, do I start at 160 celsius / 320 fahrenheit and start bumping the temperature level and toke until there's no more smoke ?

How many hits would I get out of a 0.2 g of weed ?

If I heat up a quantity, am I supposed to consume it in full. Or I can vape the same bowl with intervals ?

And finally, I'm supposed to toke very slowly using the Odin 2 ?

Sorry for the truckload of questions ! :p

Don't worry about asking too many questions.

There's no specific way to do it. You'll end up developing your own preference, but you've described the way I'd use it: start at the lowest temperature, then step up when vapour production falls off. This gives the best flavour, but the lightest clouds. At 160°C, the vapour is barely visible.

I don't have mine any more but my recollection is that the chamber won't hold much more than .1 g unless you pack it much more firmly than I'd recommend. My typical load is about .07-.10 g, not packed down at all. The number of hits you get from that depends on several factors, including the temperature you start with, how long you stay at each temperature, and how hard you draw. Some people can finish a load in 4-5 hits. I typically would get anywhere from 8-12 hits, but I use low temperatures and draw gently.

You can take a couple of hits and then shut it down to use later. This affects battery life because you need to re-heat every time you turn it on, but I didn't find the difference to be worth worrying about. With a device like this, I would usually put it back on charge after finishing a load so it never runs down completely. Of course, if you use it on the go a lot then battery life might become an issue.

As for draw speed, I am notorious for recommending drawing as gently as the device allows. As I've said many times, if you feel resistance then you're pulling too hard. The Odin 2 is a pretty free-flowing device so resistance shouldn't really be an issue.

TheEmancipator

Don't worry about asking too many questions.

There's no specific way to do it. You'll end up developing your own preference, but you've described the way I'd use it: start at the lowest temperature, then step up when vapour production falls off. This gives the best flavour, but the lightest clouds. At 160°C, the vapour is barely visible.

I don't have mine any more but my recollection is that the chamber won't hold much more than .1 g unless you pack it much more firmly than I'd recommend. My typical load is about .07-.10 g, not packed down at all. The number of hits you get from that depends on several factors, including the temperature you start with, how long you stay at each temperature, and how hard you draw. Some people can finish a load in 4-5 hits. I typically would get anywhere from 8-12 hits, but I use low temperatures and draw gently.

You can take a couple of hits and then shut it down to use later. This affects battery life because you need to re-heat every time you turn it on, but I didn't find the difference to be worth worrying about. With a device like this, I would usually put it back on charge after finishing a load so it never runs down completely. Of course, if you use it on the go a lot then battery life might become an issue.

As for draw speed, I am notorious for recommending drawing as gently as the device allows. As I've said many times, if you feel resistance then you're pulling too hard. The Odin 2 is a pretty free-flowing device so resistance shouldn't really be an issue.

Thanks a lot.

The reason I ask, is that I'm gonna be mainly using it to vape during a psychedelic rock/stoner metal festival. The device has to last me the whole day. I'll probably take my bowls in one consecutive go to make the most out of the battery life.

How many times can i approximately heat the Odin 2 in one battery life ? About 4-5 times would be nice.

Moreoever, is it rechargeable via Power bank ?

TheEmancipator,

TheEmancipator

Sleep?? You lucky duck. Proceeds the weedian, Nazareth! Cheers! Enjoy, D.

Thanks buddeh !

They're playing two sets on two different days. Holy Mountain in full, The Sciences in full, + some parts of Dopesmoker.

I'll be taking acid to both Sleep gigs. The Holy Mountain set is probably my most anticipated concert of all time. xD

Also looking forward to watch Old Man Gloom.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Thanks a lot.

The reason I ask, is that I'm gonna be mainly using it to vape during a psychedelic rock/stoner metal festival. The device has to last me the whole day. I'll probably take my bowls in one consecutive go to make the most out of the battery life.

How many times can i approximately heat the Odin 2 in one battery life ? About 4-5 times would be nice.

Moreoever, is it rechargeable via Power bank ?

Yes, you can recharge it with a power bank. I didn't test to determine the battery life and I don't have it any more, sorry. The new owner is quite happy with it, by the way.

pakalolo,

TheEmancipator

@pakalolo thanks again.

I can't make any threads, and I didn't find any threads about this vaporizer in the search function. Is there any information / have you tried the Fenix Svaty ?

TheEmancipator,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
@pakalolo thanks again.

I can't make any threads, and I didn't find any threads about this vaporizer in the search function. Is there any information / have you tried the Fenix Svaty ?

There is a short thread about this device here: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/weecke-fenix-svaty.24375/. It looks to me like one of Weecke's many multi-brand vapes. I haven't tried it myself. I have used this Fenix and it is a really nice unit for the price. Weecke makes several different designs and like this one, they are often marketed under different labels, sometimes with slight tweaks.

hadron4pb

Hello from new user of Odin 2. It says that it can be used for oils too, but I can't find anywhere capsule for oil to buy. I found for Odin and Tourch and I wonder if it fits for Odin 2 too. Dimensions are 17x10 mm. If anyone have expirience with it, I would gladly want to read about it. Thanks in forward.

hadron4pb,
Top Bottom