occular migraines and cannabis

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
So little preface, I haven't been smoking (or vaping) for the last four days or so. I just figured I should take a rest from it and see how my body reacts, how I feel and get in touch with the effect it really has on me. I have smoked a very small amount before bed but it was incredibly minuscule, like a couple leafs and some resin rolled around in a little kief from the bottom of a jar.

Anyways haven't noticed much change in my moods or anything but I have been getting this weird distorted vision followed by small head aches. From looking arouund online I deduced they could be occular migraines. I do plan on getting it checked out to make sure it's nothing serious. I have read both that cannabis withdrawal can cause head aches and that cannabis can help with migraines. I was just wondering if anyone had experienced similar symptoms, I couldn't find much on the web about occular migraines and cannabis use.

Nothing much else has changed, they usually come 30 - 90 minutes after exercise and start with the peripheral vision in my left eye getting all distorted and wavy and when that's gone (10 -15 minutes) I get a lasting head ache.

Thanks guys

bluntfaced,

lwien

Yeah, get that checked out. Could be benign such as ocular migraines, but then on the other hand, it could be a warning sign of something a lot more serious.

lwien,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I would go to a good opthamologist, not just an optometrist if you can. It might be a coincidence or a migraine brought on by cannabis withdrawl, but definitely something you should have checked out. Especially since it only seems to happen after exercise.

momofthegoons,

lwien

momofthegoons said:
Especially since it only seems to happen after exercise.
Along with only happening in one eye. That's more of a concern than if it happened in both.

lwien,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
And might I add, the left eye. I, personally, wouldn't procrastinate on that appointment. Best of luck.

momofthegoons,

lwien

Not to be an alarmist here, Blunt, but get that checked out NOW. This "could" be something that you don't want to fuck around with and waiting even a few days for an appointment might not be wise. Better safe than sorry, all things considered.

lwien,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
So I've been reading up on it, ocular migraines very commonly only effect one eye. It looks like most of the time they are only in one eye. I'm still gonna get it checked out though.

Let's assume it is an ocular migraine though, I posted this more to find out if anyone else had experienced them during cannabis withdrawals or if anyone used cannabis to help with them.

bluntfaced,

tuttle

Not at all uncommon that it is unilateral. It doesn't sound like a full blown migraine (nausea, sensitivity to light and sound, throbbing pain), but something interesting going on. Personally I would talk to your GP first before an ophthalmologist. If it is something of concern, the GP will have a better idea of were to send you.

I suffer from chronic daily headaches that trend from mild to full blown migraines so I feel your pain. I would suggest you start keeping a headache diary, and with every headache you get, note down the time it started, what it feels like, where the pain, how bad the pain is (1 -10), dull or sharp pain, constant or throbbing, what you did before the headache (foods, activity, sleep or lack thereof), medications taken (Advil, Tylenol, etc.), what effect (if any) they had.

You already said that you are going to see a doctor, which is good, but it is good to go in as armed as possible with tangible information that the doctor can use to give a good diagnosis.

Best of luck with the headaches and visual distortions.

tuttle,
Top Bottom