Obscure and Obsolete Vapes

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Here is the response on e-mail..
hello mr bulgarian dude. I am the artisan,designer , manufacturer of the vaporlithe portable vaporizer, I was forwarded your address by the dealer in usa, I am Colombian but I went to school and lived for 4 years in the USA many tears ago(1971):So I can write in english; Ill answer a few of your questions regarding performance and wood, It makes me happy to be honest so Ill be honest with you.
The wood that purple vaporizer is made of is called"colombian purple heart"in english, "nazareno";in spanish, which means the one born in nazareth , a synonym of jesus christ, the beautiful purple color is natural but it has the disadvantage of oxidizing with the passage of time , changing its color to a strange hue of brown or pehaps blackish by the high temperatures involved in vaporizing, I have told the dealer to warn possible puchasers of that characteristic of that kind of wood so they wont be surprised and disappointed in a few months when that happens.I keep using that wood because it is one of the finest around, it is fibrous, dense and very tough, qualities that help the vaporizer to last a very long time.The wood is so tough that you cant drive a nail through without bending it. nailig that kind of wood always requires pre drilling.
Yes you can burn the contents in this vaporizer if the flame is too high( more than one inch) or if you draw air too slowly because the ratio of cooling air/hot flame changes ,emphazsizing on the hot flame,
drawing air through this vaporizer is somewhat harder (yust like the vapor genie) than from a resistance type, it is only natural since the increase in air velocity through a relatively small diameter hole is provided by your mouth or your lungs... This is one of the prices of simplicity. However ,that doesnt mean it is difficult, you just have to learn how to vaporize in it , some people take a little longer to get used to it, some others do it pretty quickly,once you learn, it works surprisingly well every time....I dont recommend using a jet(torch)type lighter, its higher temperature may damage the wood,however you can experiment at your own risk with the jet type ,(I envision) by placing the flame vertically and at a distance from the tip of the vaporizer, and drawing it closer and closer until you get vaporization, yes, that might be possible, but it is more wasteful of gas and unnecessary because a regular butane lighter(with adjustable flame ) will do just fine. in any case drawing hard through the vaporizer facilitates(speeds up) vaporization and precludes combustion.In the event contents catch fire, you notice it instantly by the harshness of smoke in your mouth but that doesnmean you cant continue vaporizing, wit a few seconds and try again, you get some four or vive hits of vapor before "herbs" give off most of the resin and humidity and turn into a dark brown color.
I see there is alot of concern(I would say paranoia) about the metal used in this vaporizer. brass almost always contains a small percentage of lead to increase machinability to decent levels, I have used lead free material but it is too difficult o machine due to its brittleness.The other alternative is duraluminum, but I cannot get it here in my country in the requiderd sizes , It has to be importred , I might do it pretty soon.. although the risk to your health(with brass) ,I believe is negligible. I have been vaporizing tobacco 15 to20 times a day in a brass vap for about eight months and I enjoy perfect health at my 59 years of age, I just eat healthily; no processed food, no artificial seeteners , no MSG, no junk food ,, and I eat a lot of greens.
I really doubt That the metal gives off microscopic amounts of health threatening lead at the relatively low temperatures (as compared to that required to melt brass) involved in vaporizing.
If you have any questions ,feel free to contact me..at... Juan Manuel Gomez .. jumago1952@yahoo.es
Happy vaporizations.

Abysmal Vapor,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
My purple Lithe should be in the mail today... I will report once I have received it!
As Abysmal; I don't think the reviewer is the owner but I might be wrong! ;) I got quick answers from the man and asked about the review and the lead, maybe he'll join in here!

FLskwat,

Abysmal Vapor

Good !! I will glad to hear a review.. Try it with a jet torch on 90 degree angle.. I don't think i can deal with inhaling a flame from a "gas sprayer". I hope there are more purples .. I am in love with that purpleheart wood.. even my underdog vaporizer will be all purpleheart :).
Also make sure there is a thread started as soon there is a review.
He said leadfree in the response .. also he mention for future duraluminum option.. Any has any info on that metal and its safety ?

Abysmal Vapor,

akwardsauce

gold all in my chains...dont believe me just watch
either way its kind of shady...really inconsistent...if he did it on a customers behalf, he should have said so.

if it were me, id tell the customer to upload it themselves (for a discount or something) just so it doesnt look like how it does.

but whatever...its a very basic pipe & probably works just as effectively as it does in that video...not really much technology going on in this little vape & its relatively affordable.

akwardsauce,

akwardsauce

has anyone seen these? looks interesting. supposedly its a vaporizer (or pipe depending on how you use it)?

anyways, here is the only description i found on it:

"Welcome to EZ PIPE, home of the World's smallest most efficient virtually smokeless on the go tobacco lighter pipe!! We guarantee our product and hope you enjoy..."

whats that mean? you are vaping/combusting your ganja?

from here: http://www.ezlitepipe.com/

but its only $12...

sizeimage.aspx

akwardsauce,

akwardsauce

charliedontsurf said:
Abysmal Vapor said:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-1-VAPORIZ...824?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c7d1e048
I am looking this for some time.. :) May be it will be some future purchase.. In the worst case you get a grinder :)..

Someone please buy that! Ridiculous!

there u go...someone did! (by the way it wasnt me)

Item number: 110726602824
Item location: U S A, United States
Ships to: N. and S. America, Europe, Australia
Payments:
PayPal, Bill Me Later See payment details
History: 1 sold

akwardsauce,

Abysmal Vapor

Abysmal Vapor,
I think it's nothing more than a pipe. The seller has a Solopipe (not the Airzer solo) listed as a vaporizer as well, so I think he might have a tenuous grasp of the definition. Looking at it, there's nothing that would allow the air to cool down enough - I don't think that maze-like airpath is designed to vaporize with a bowl at the end, I think the bowl is at the front and it's simply there to cool down the smoke, like alot of whacky metal combustion pipes do - that coffin pipe, the ufo pipe thing, the others pipes made by the people who make the Aliv8.

It took too long for someone to think of a simple grinder/pipe combo though, seems rather obvious and not necessarily a bad idea if it's cools acceptably and is made to a high standard.

As for the EZ pipe, this site has better info in their ad: http://www.goneblue.com/ezpiallinone.html
The "smokeless" claim is based on the cap starving a cherry for oxygen, reducing needless waste. It looks cheap. If you look at the close ups in one photo you can see the side of it by the lighter has a small hole through which flame could enter if you decided to use it with the cap on. It's not a vaporizer at all.

edit: that site also carries a similar but obviously more gaudy and ridiculous grinder-pipe http://www.goneblue.com/allinone3chh.html

charliedontsurf,

Abysmal Vapor

The idea of the grinder vaporizer is to blow flame through the top how while positioning away from the bowl.. Thats how air around the bowl in the upper chamber is getting heated and then sucked through the bowl.. this is how i imagine the process of vaporization in this grinder.. :)..
Aluminium is cooling pretty fast.. btw

Abysmal Vapor,

akwardsauce

charliedontsurf said:
I think it's nothing more than a pipe. The seller has a Solopipe (not the Airzer solo) listed as a vaporizer as well, so I think he might have a tenuous grasp of the definition. Looking at it, there's nothing that would allow the air to cool down enough - I don't think that maze-like airpath is designed to vaporize with a bowl at the end, I think the bowl is at the front and it's simply there to cool down the smoke, like alot of whacky metal combustion pipes do - that coffin pipe, the ufo pipe thing, the others pipes made by the people who make the Aliv8.

It took too long for someone to think of a simple grinder/pipe combo though, seems rather obvious and not necessarily a bad idea if it's cools acceptably and is made to a high standard.

As for the EZ pipe, this site has better info in their ad: http://www.goneblue.com/ezpiallinone.html
The "smokeless" claim is based on the cap starving a cherry for oxygen, reducing needless waste. It looks cheap. If you look at the close ups in one photo you can see the side of it by the lighter has a small hole through which flame could enter if you decided to use it with the cap on. It's not a vaporizer at all.

edit: that site also carries a similar but obviously more gaudy and ridiculous grinder-pipe http://www.goneblue.com/allinone3chh.html

OHMYGODS!!! did u see the "lollypop pipe" that they have on there? can you imagine smoking ganja "tobacco" out of a lollypop & then EATING IT? or giving it to some kid all resin-y & stank...so gross...

akwardsauce,
The worst part is how they encourage you to keep using it time after time, and provide a case to facilitate its continued usage.

Abysmal, I don't know. Last I looked at the design, it looked like the hole where the fire dips would have to be right over the bowl by design. I actually send the ebay seller a question, we'll see if I get an answer.

charliedontsurf,

Abysmal Vapor

I had asked the seller in the past , but i cleaned my e-mail recently :).. The reason i don't bought it was that i had to pay for shipment 15 $ .. and that is more than 70% of the value of the unit.. LOL ..

Abysmal Vapor,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Still no reply from the Amazon guy that's sells the Lithe, I guess I'm not gonna buy anything there then.

OhTheAgony,

Abysmal Vapor

OhTheAgony said:
Still no reply from the Amazon guy that's sells the Lithe, I guess I'm not gonna buy anything there then.
Hmm i am getting quick reply from both seller and manufacturer.. I might paste here or send you some informative e-mails.. Also i thing this guy joined FC already.. :)
U can always use the official site.. of Lithe and also there is a 10% discount code for fc members :)..?hey also ship internationally..
?he first hit is to warm the vape, it takes about 10 seconds to warm,
the next five seconds is full dense vapor, but all depends of how much
you want. with practice it can produce very nice vapor at different
levels, the lighter is hold directly againt the main hole, nothing of
strange tricks to try no to burn it. Lithe is worry free. you just
take the lighter and bring it close to the difusser entrance, the
temperature can controlled through suction speed, the faster the more
cooling air, the slower the hotter the air.Truly, the vaporizers is
very stable, no abrupt changes in temperatura if operated as
indicated.
the diffuser has been design to block the flame througth 90 degrees
holes without mid-stage filters.
you will see that the technology behind is great, Lithe is a effective
miniaturization, and a great vaporizer.

I am willing to offer 10% to FC member, and it would be great to
contribute in FC, we have gained alot of experience about
Vaporization, and the physics involved in it.Also, we make Artisane
work, which uses wood as main material, they are beautiful and nice
for gifts. many people got vapes from us for friends.
That is from alexander zuleta (platenu@gmail.com)

Abysmal Vapor,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Thanks, but I have a few specific questions that he probably can only answer himself. I did get a conformation mail from Amazon that my message was delivered, but perhaps something went wrong & I should try again.

I noticed the Lithe vape guy has joined FC, I hope he finds this thread soon or makes one of his own so we can ask him some questions about his vape. I was tempted to do so in the brass-thread but I didn't want to go off-topic to much.

edit: good to know about the international shipping and discount, thanks. I think I only have one question left now :p

OhTheAgony,

Abysmal Vapor

If want to share your question may i can answer.. I got full info on HOW IT WORKS.. and he confirmed that materials are safe.. And brass got 4% lead which is with the standart.
I can resend you the info on your e-mail if you like.

Abysmal Vapor,

Lithe_vapes

Manufacturer
hi,
I have seen a couple of question about Lithe regarding effectiveness, taste, or even mechanism.
Lithe vape has been design to be fast and effective we did that by taking into consideration proper materials, which include heat conductors (metal), and poor heat conductors (wood). The heat conducting parts ( metallic) is located at the tip, passing through the jet, and the vaping chamber. These parts get hot rapidly. A great portion of the metal is cover with the wood, which prevents the heat to be rapidly dissipated to the air (right thickness) and neither absorb too much, as the heat is required to vaporize. All combined makes a semi- isolated oven-like system plus hot air flow. This accomplishes quick vaping making good used of heat. We estimate 10-15 second to get it right, and 3-4 to extract juice safely without combustion. Also, the distribution of heat is even, as the air splits in 4 high speed streams at 90 degrees with respect to the herbs within the vaping chamber.it may seem complicated but in our website http://www.vapquick.com there is a cross-sectioned diagram for easy understanding.

Will provide more detail soon in visual form

thanks

Lithe_vapes,

Abysmal Vapor

Lithe_vapes said:
hi,
I have seen a couple of question about Lithe regarding effectiveness, taste, or even mechanism.
Lithe vape has been design to be fast and effective we did that by taking into consideration proper materials, which include heat conductors (metal), and poor heat conductors (wood). The heat conducting parts ( metallic) is located at the tip, passing through the jet, and the vaping chamber. These parts get hot rapidly. A great portion of the metal is cover with the wood, which prevents the heat to be rapidly dissipated to the air (right thickness) and neither absorb too much, as the heat is required to vaporize. All combined makes a semi- isolated oven-like system plus hot air flow. This accomplishes quick vaping making good used of heat. We estimate 10-15 second to get it right, and 3-4 to extract juice safely without combustion. Also, the distribution of heat is even, as the air splits in 4 high speed streams at 90 degrees with respect to the herbs within the vaping chamber.it may seem complicated but in our website http://www.vapquick.com there is a cross-sectioned diagram for easy understanding.

Will provide more detail soon in visual form

thanks
Super cool :) . May i suggest that you start then a separate Thread.. "Lithe vaporizer" or smth like that :).

Abysmal Vapor,
Top Bottom