Objectively rating Efficiency of Vaporizers

cascades

I've seen articles like this talking about efficiency of various vaporizers.
https://www.herbonaut.com/most-efficient-vaporizer/

The thing is the real issue here for a give quantity of herb, how much does the blood level say THC rise in a typical user? That is something that could be tested and measured(along with how much of the original cannabinoids remain in the AVB at the end of the process.

IMHO Efficency is the percent of Cannibinoids that have left the orginal bud that makes into the users body.

This is something that could be objectively measured and used to compare vaporizers.

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I think there would be too many variables the results could depend on to really measuare that accurately.
How big draws would the user take? How long will he hold the hits. What about the state of his lungs, metabolism, etc.
Different vapes create vapor differently, some require small draws for best efficiency, some bigger, it would be hard to be sure the test subject is really using them correctly for the highest possible efficiency.

Seek,
Reactions: JCat

cascades

I think some of those issues become less important if you just get test results from the same person for two different vaporizers. Methodology might vary a lot from person to person, but I doubt it would vary that much from person using one vaporizer vs. another
I think there would be too many variables the results could depend on to really measuare that accurately.
How big draws would the user take? How long will he hold the hits. What about the state of his lungs, metabolism, etc.
Different vapes create vapor differently, some require small draws for best efficiency, some bigger, it would be hard to be sure the test subject is really using them correctly for the highest possible efficiency.

cascades,

C No Ego

I've seen articles like this talking about efficiency of various vaporizers.
https://www.herbonaut.com/most-efficient-vaporizer/

The thing is the real issue here for a give quantity of herb, how much does the blood level say THC rise in a typical user? That is something that could be tested and measured(along with how much of the original cannabinoids remain in the AVB at the end of the process.

IMHO Efficency is the percent of Cannibinoids that have left the orginal bud that makes into the users body.

This is something that could be objectively measured and used to compare vaporizers.
road side sobriety tests are needing to have some kind of measuring devise for plasma THC concentration just like you are mentioning... other wise they measure the metabolites from THC days ago.
for a vape though if its made well and reproduces the same output reliably, it would offer that level of service until it broke down etc...
knowing what levels of cannabinoids are in your starting material will provide those base line levels and a vape with efficient extraction to pull them from the material

C No Ego,

analytika

Skill of the user, including grinding, loading, settings, speed, breathing technique.

Objectives of the user: patience level, terpenes and taste, low temperature clustered extracts, higher temperature clustered extracts.

Good luck threading the needle. Any reviews that pick among all the skill and objective differences will be irrelevant to a large segment of potential customers.

darbarikanada

given all the variables, I think your best bet at figuring out which vaporizers are the most efficient is on this forum: members who own a wide variety of vaporizers eventually figure out the characteristics of individual ones.

one clue: what's the ABV look like? if there's still green when you're finished, that can't be good, but if it's too dark, that might mean you extracted every last bit of THC at the cost of some nasty-tasting hits.

I haven't owned a lot of vapes, but the mighty checks all my boxes: cool, tasty vapor. even-colored ABV every time (without stirring). plenty efficient: I'm kind of a data collector, so I weigh the weed, count the # of hits I get, etc. - and the mighty predictably delivers about 1 hit per .01g - and that's without going for those last burnt popcorn-tasting hits. living in a legal state means I can try lots of strains/types of cannabis, and the above (admittedly anecdotal) evidence holds true for dozens of varieties.

darbarikanada,
Reactions: C No Ego

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
ABV color doesn't necessarily tell you how efficiently you've vaped your bowl. It can give you soem hints, but if you want to be really corrent, you shoudn't base your result on ABV color alone. It's possible to vape everything so fast that the herbs will still appear light brown, yellow or even green.
And it's also possible to make your ABV very dark brown and still have most of its good in it if you're cooking it for extended ammount of time, but not vaporizing all of it.

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Cascades,

...something that could be tested and measured... ... ...Cannibinoids that have left the orginal bud that makes into the users body.

Stimulating points to make, that's certainly some topic i happen to value myself:

...i dream of USB-capable devices providing bio-feedback...

Customized_VG_pipe_-_Readily_accessible_Bio-_Feedback_resources.png

[ http:// oi67.tinypic.com/1zg5f8h.jpg ]

Egzoset_s_Cust._VG_Pipe_-_Sensor_Sites_2018-_Apr-1_640x200.png

[ http:// oi64.tinypic.com/jky6o8.jpg ]

1st one must get a measure of what came out, then perhaps someday we can get such questions finally answered when we are offered diabetic-like canna-devices, eventually!!

Good day, have fun!! :peace:

Egzoset,

withoutbliss

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Skill of the user, including grinding, loading, settings, speed, breathing technique.

Objectives of the user: patience level, terpenes and taste, low temperature clustered extracts, higher temperature clustered extracts.

Good luck threading the needle. Any reviews that pick among all the skill and objective differences will be irrelevant to a large segment of potential customers.

+1

withoutbliss,
Reactions: analytika
Top Bottom