Obama's respons (to the F'ing raids in Cali this week)

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
This was my husband's results:

Where You Scored On The Survey
Your answers suggest that you are a centrist. The yellow star shows generally where you fall within the centrist region of the Nolan Chart.

His star was in the middle, on top.

Vicki,

lwien

I've always considered myself socially liberal but fiscally conservative. Guess that's a centrist, eh?

lwien,
Reactions: Vicki

lwien

Yeah, Arcadia is just east of Pasadena. I live about 2 blocks from Santa Anita Racetrack.

lwien,

Venomous

It says I'm a centrist as well, star is at the upper middle. Fuck it, I'm running for president as a centrist just to fuck with people.

All kidding aside, I'm growing tired on successful corporations lately. I find myself hating big ones like apple, oil companies, google and a host of others. Maybe it's the weed, I'm not sure.

Venomous,

Venomous

Yeah, Arcadia is just east of Pasadena. I live about 2 blocks from Santa Anita Racetrack.

Badass racetrack. I've had the pleasure of sitting inside the infield as the horses were racing. You enter from an underground tunnel. Also Santa Anita provides a hell of spread when it comes to food for infield events. I also tripped out on all of the flamingos.

Venomous,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I'd certainly like to think the same, but I don't think we can take that for granted and rest on our laurels. History has shown us often enough that good people can be turned against their own. Even in the class room in experiments with the un-indoctrinated- look at Milgram's obedience study in the 60's where subjects were willing to deliver what they believed to be fatal electric shocks to other test subjects, or the Stanford Prison Experiment in the 70's.

I've read Milgram's study (years ago). Good point. Don't really have a counter, except... I gotta have faith in our Vets, active duty and LEO's. The ones I socialize with on a regular basis, are men/women of character, I hope it holds up.

I really don't think its ever going to get to that point, however. At least, not in our lifetimes.

Just an FYI, Arcadia is in SoCal. About 20 miles from downtown LA.

:peace:

Almost that entire area is a great place to live. Though, I prefer South Pasadena. Man, talk about some beautiful old historic homes. However, it is a PAIN IN THE ASS getting into or out of.

BigDaddyVapor,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Ironically enough, it's also a place that is hard to get MMJ. I grew up there, and still live in the general area. To get back to the OP, access to dispensaries is very limited in the San Gabriel Valley. I have personally been a member of 4 dispensaries that have been shut down in the last year. For some reason this area has no appetite for dispensaries, so we're forced to use delivery services or drive down the 210 to Eagle Rock to get meds. It's not THAT difficult, so I don't mean to complain too much about access. It's just that I feel like access is one barometer that we can use to guage the current envirionment, and for us around here it is not a good sign.

:2c:

Stu,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
We have a measure on the primary ballot, they're trying to basically ban the co-ops/dispensaries (incl delivery services). Oh, its got its "boundaries" that they say will make it a much better environment for them to continue to operate. Problem is, when you can't be within a mile of a church, school, daycare center (how do they define that? someone's house with a daycare license?), parks, churches and all other co-ops and dispensaries.

Churches and schools alone, would wipe out 99% of them.

BigDaddyVapor,

lwien

Almost that entire area is a great place to live. Though, I prefer South Pasadena. Man, talk about some beautiful old historic homes.

Yeah, South Pas is nice. So is Sierra Madre. Kind like the Topanga of San Garbriel. I lived in Topanga Canyon for about 8 years during the 70's. God I miss that place.

For some reason this area has no appetite for dispensaries, so we're forced to use delivery services or drive down the 210 to Eagle Rock to get meds.
:2c:

Yup. My dispensary of choice is in ER. A bit of a drive, but no big deal considering what others have to go through.

lwien,

Venomous

We have 25 delivery ops here. Within weedmaps, they give a live update on their weed menu and any specials. Also,,some have an app that will push notifications on new arrivals and deals. It's kind of cool having them come over and go through all the weed. I never pre order. I haven't even gone through 10% of the mobile services yet, but several have some insane amount of weed choices. Swamigirls is the largest I've seen.

Venomous,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I've been hearing some bad mojo coming with Weedmaps. While I am new to the grow community, I've had inside on the co-ops/dispensaries for a long time. There's talk those making the huge Weedmaps splash, are pretty much a lock for raids... if/when the Feds come crack down for whatever reason again.

I love the concept. I've tried to sell my local co-op on it, for some time. Finally got the beans spilled to me, last time I brought it up.

BigDaddyVapor,

Tea Party

Boro Connoisseur
IDK why you cali guys eve bother buying it when the variable cost of growing an oz of indoor super is so, so, so low.

Tea Party,

lwien

IDK why you cali guys eve bother buying it when the variable cost of growing an oz of indoor super is so, so, so low.

Because a gram lasts me a month and a half (even though I vape every single night) and I live in a small apartment where growing would be a real problem. So for me, spending 18 bucks every month and a half makes perfect sense.

lwien,
Reactions: Vicki

Venomous

Yeah, I rarely buy more than a 1/4 every three months. I buy several grams of various strains until I get a 1/4. If I had a more monstrous vaporizer like a cloud, I would imagine going through a whole lot more. Unfortunately I have an extreme q and use the elbow pack. it doesn't hold that much weed. If I could get a hold of a elb from a cloud to try in my extreme, I might get bigger hits. I'm pretty much bottom of the line for a vxl order right now.

I could have 6 plants... However, I do have small children. I wouldn't want to risk anything with the law or cps. Besides, I think it would take me a year to get down growing some good plants at least. At harvest, I would have more weed then to know what to do with.

Re: weedmaps, we no longer have walkin despensaries. So everything is delivered. Feds have no luck raiding them since they don't have a store front. The cops don't harass the drivers here either. It's dangerous for these guys because they have been getting robbed lately. It's just unfortunate many communities are falling victim to these closures and raids, when at state level, it's all legal. I'm not sure how people are getting meds with this crisis.

Venomous,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Doesn't matter. Some shit happened, had to move my crop and my asshole of a father-in-law, refused to turn on the lights. Entire crop is gone.

Back entirely to square one and no idea when that can happen.

BigDaddyVapor,
Top Bottom