Gear O.pen Vape Cartridges

mystikalghost

Yeah, I don't see the syringes break 60% THC content. Like Caligula said, that's just the way CO2 extractions work. On the upside, there is no residual solvent left. They're good if health is absolutely paramount to you, or if there's only dirty/shitty BHO around your area.

The only reason I had tried them was because I was using a cartomizer setup on my e-cig. Funnily enough I broke 2 bulbs in 1 hour last night and am back to a cartomizer with some budder. This stuff EASILY can be pushed down to the carto coil with a dabber tool. No lighter heating required.

I just can't see myself getting the syringes again.

EDIT: This is all while I wait for my freaking Gentlemans Mega v2 to ship. Ahhhh the suspense...

mystikalghost,

JEDI 2.0

New member here, also brand new to vaping. Have been a daily smoker for nearly 20 years, I quit smoking tobacco last year, and am now attempting to taper off of herb, for a while at least. . ..

Anyhow, my first vape device was a crappy disposable pen I picked up at a dispensary, total waste. Picked up an o-pen and pre-filled cartridge for $60 total, and so far I love it. It's a very heady high, light too---you almost forget you're high until you catch yourself spacing out, hahaha. Buzz does not last too long, but is sufficient. The dispensary I go to always has cartridges, and they run out often indicating high turnover and fresher product, so to speak. . .. I can't find the 500mg cartridges but I hope to snag a couple soon. Oh and for the record I have only owned it for a week. . ..

JEDI 2.0,
Reactions: Caligula

Caligula

Maximus
New member here, also brand new to vaping. Have been a daily smoker for nearly 20 years, I quit smoking tobacco last year, and am now attempting to taper off of herb, for a while at least. . ..

Anyhow, my first vape device was a crappy disposable pen I picked up at a dispensary, total waste. Picked up an o-pen and pre-filled cartridge for $60 total, and so far I love it. It's a very heady high, light too---you almost forget you're high until you catch yourself spacing out, hahaha. Buzz does not last too long, but is sufficient. The dispensary I go to always has cartridges, and they run out often indicating high turnover and fresher product, so to speak. . .. I can't find the 500mg cartridges but I hope to snag a couple soon. Oh and for the record I have only owned it for a week. . ..

Hihgly suggest trying to source the OrganaLabs (they make the O-Pen and the refills) CO2 "honey oil" syringes. These syringes arent cut with PG (polyglycol), like the O-Pen carts are (just look at the package, itll tell you that it is). That way you arent getting watered down medication (and I bet you wont find that effect wearing off nearly as fast). Plus I find it tastes WAYYYYY better.

http://www.organalabs.com/productlist.htm

ef591c96316611e3843622000ae90e5c_6.jpg

Anyway, you would need that medication, and then something to vape it in. I have had great success with the traditional W9 Tech (now UP Tech - http://www.w9tech.com/) 2.4ohm Omicron carts with that exact medication:

http://www.vaporwarehouse.com/site/omicron-oil-vaporizer-cartridges-24.html#.UsXjgfRDtwk

And then, of course you need something to plug the cart into. There is currently a badass sale on Omicron v2 units right now from that same website:

http://www.vaporwarehouse.com/site/omicron-vaporizer-v2.html#.UsXjvfRDtwk

Hell, it even comes with a single cart... so you could get away with not buying extras. Although I highly suggest that you do. Those carts are good for 1 to 2 refills before you need to toss them and use a new one. Good news is that you're looking at 200 good sized hits per fill (assuming you use one 0.5g syringe at a time, as you should).

Just sayin'.

Last edited:

JEDI 2.0

Righteous, Thanks for the info! --once I have deciphered everything you said, ill look into it, hahaha! No, but really, if this dispensary carries O-pen and other vapes consistently, will ask about OrganaLabs oils, OR heck for that matter they may already carry them but I just haven't looked in that cabinet yet, lol.

JEDI 2.0,

JEDI 2.0

Oh, update on this O-pen while I'm here. . .

Basically, I am quite satisfied. This thing is RETARDED-easy to use (plz don't be offended. . ..) and I am quite satisfied with about 8-12 puffs over a few-minute duration. Sure the buzz wears off a bit quicker than herb, but since I'm tapering off and cutting back, this is THE RIGHT TOOL FOR THE JOB. ....lol, I'm super goofy-giddy buzzed right now :-P less, buzzed, more giddy-goofy but that's the point, right?. ....

JEDI 2.0,
Reactions: Jared

Caligula

Maximus
@JEDI 2.0

Indeed.

I'm just trying to point you in a direction where you have more control of what you put into your body as well as how to be more efficient in getting it in there. Given that the C02 honey oil is uncut, you may find you need less to get an equal effect, and have it last over a longer period of time. Sounds like a win/win to me, especially since you wont be inhaling PG along with your desired medication.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask. Just be sure to quote or tag me in the reply, otherwise I may forget about the thread and not see it. You can always PM me as well.

edit: Teach a man to fish. Here's the thread for the Omicron. Its long, I know. You dont need to read the whole thing. Maybe just the first couple of posts from the manufacturer (THC Scientific) and the last 60 to 100 pages (its not as much reading as you think, lots of the posts deal with the same topics and can be skipped). Pay special attention to posts by people like @THC SCIENTIFIC @OF @Bob Loblaw @nao12000 and @ataxian .

The fact that the thread is so long should tell you that its a much used and discussed product. That's a good thing.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/omicron-vaporizer-for-oils.4301/

Last edited:
Caligula,

JEDI 2.0

Very much appreciated, thank you :-) I will absolutely do my homework and you have given me lots of notes to make it easier. . .hell, I'm just gonna copy your homework to get me started hahah! Thanks again!

JEDI 2.0,

JEDI 2.0

20140117_180944_zpsu1olpnvt.jpg

My dispensary is SWIMMIN in o-pen carties :-) my dad wanted a few but I'm keeping the Pineapple Kush (the hybrid one), it's tasty. I have to admit these things are so foolproof, they're GREAT to have, and also good to have empties layin around; I put some co2 oil in one, but to be honest this pen isn't up to snuff on the better oil. ...this PG-cut stuff is formulated juuuust right to vape well in this pen. ...

And just for the hell of it, I slapped a cartridge on a BLU battery to see if it worked--it does.
20140117_200256_zps6vy08d79.jpg

Last edited:

JEDI 2.0

Thats an interesting use and toss option...
VERY much so. .... well, not the BLU battery--they are rechargeable. But, she was given two in her 'kit' and it is reeeeally short so i may keep one. This is gonna be a great discreet device when we go to Disneyland :)

Last edited:

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Oh man, vape pens at amusement/theme parks are the best, makes waiting in line much more enjoyable, and you usually make a few friends! :cool: I was using my Dabbler at Six Flags and getting it in was so easy, they didn't even ask about it. I did have one security guard that was walking around tell me to go to a "designated smoking area". Of course I apologized and agreed to do so, but like we always say, "Fuck Combustion" so I was just sure to keep a keen eye out for the bright yellow security jackets instead of trying to enjoy my vape amongst a bunch of second hand smoke.

I really think they should encourage the use of e-cigs, instead of forcing them into small spaces with the deadly smoke that they are trying to avoid. I mean, e-cigs are not intrusive at all, and this is coming from someone who cant stand cigarettes. I'm not sure of Disney's e-cig policy but if they treat e-cig and cigarettes the same like Six Flags does, then be careful not to get caught because they can kick you out for smoking in a non-smoking area even if it's an e-cig apparently. :rolleyes:

/end rant.

aesthyrian,

JEDI 2.0

Vaping is unfortunately a double-edged sword---it still carries some of the social stigmas of smoking, and in my opinion it should. Its still should not be allowed where smoking is not, for the mere reason it is a smoking-alternative while still carrying the benefit of actually smoking, so to speak. ...BUT, you raise a valid point about being corralled into a smoky area it was your intention to avoid by vaping. . ...so yeah :) Just like the herb itself, it pays to be discreet and these vape pens are our new tool in that regard :D Bathrooms are usually a great place to get in a few rips; eventually you're gonna have to go anyways, lol.

Caligula

Maximus
Dude. Im all for taking my vapes with me all over the place (most recently Sea World), however I dont need someone blowing out vaporized clouds of nicotine laced e-juice (or BHO or whatever else) next to my kid while we wait in a "small space" (e.g. the line) to get on Space Mountain.

Things like that have a time and a place. Standing in a public queue at a family theme park isnt one of them. No?

Last edited:

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Dude. Im all for taking my vapes with me all over the place (most recently Sea World), however I dont need someone blowing out vaporized clouds of nicotine laced e-juice (or BHO or whatever else) next to my kid while we wait in a "small space" (e.g. the line) to get on Space Mountain.

Things like that have a time and a place. Standing in a public queue at a family theme park isnt one of them. No?

How do you feel about outside of the line, in the midways? I mean, most of these parks sell booze somewhere. Why is it ok for your kid to see people consuming alcohol and not an e-cig? I mean, It's all about talking to your kids, right? I'm pretty considerate of other people's personal space and definitely would never vape in front a kid, though.

I'm pretty sure your kid will see much worse cases of human behavior at any amusement park anyway. Sad to say. :|

Caligula

Maximus
How do you feel about outside of the line, in the midways? I mean, most of these parks sell booze somewhere. Why is it ok for your kid to see people consuming alcohol and not an e-cig? I mean, It's all about talking to your kids, right? I'm pretty considerate of other people's personal space and definitely would never vape in front a kid, though.

I'm pretty sure your kid will see much worse cases of human behavior at any amusement park anyway. Sad to say. :|

There seems to be a disconnect here. Let me try to clarify.

• I don't have an issue with where you use an e-cig/vape, as long as its by yourself or only around people who are willing participants (active or passive). The middle of a crowded midway is probably not one of those areas, however in your case maybe it was pretty dead and no one was around? I know that's how it was at Sea World on New Years Eve.
  • I don't have an issue with my daughter seeing someone drinking a beer. I might have an issue, however, if they were somehow able to get that alcohol into her bloodstream by simply drinking it while standing next to her.
  • To further clarify on that point, you are exhaling active compounds. Be it cannabinoids, terpenes, nicotine, caffeine, DMT, or whatever else may be in what you are vaping... there is most likely going to be stuff in your exhaled vapor that others probably don't want in their body. In that respect, (IMO) to say that you resent having to be near "second hand smoke" in order to vape is a little ironic. Don't you think?
...fuck, now that song is stuck in my head.

Anyway, this obviously my opinion on the matter, and it doesn't apply to you specifically, or the example you posted. I hold my friends and myself to the same standards.

Top Bottom