Nut-Free Firecracker Recipe?

mattybass

Quasi-Intellectual
Hey guys,

Well I was curious as to assembling what would basically be a firecracker using a bunch of my ABV, probably a joint's worth to start. Only problem is, I'm allergic to peanuts (and hazelnuts which rules out Nutella). I'm also allergic to fish and fish oils, so I'm really limited here.

Any thoughts? I'm literally just looking to ingest a joint's worth of ABV for the most effective results. Hell, if mixing heated cream and abv together for 20 minutes and then chugging it would work, I'll do it.

mattybass,

lwien

Matty, I don't know if a joint's worth is going to do it for you. It took me about 3 grams to get a really nice buzz.

Being that you're allergic to peanuts and hazelnuts, how 'bout Almond Butter or Cashew Butter? Or are you allergic to all nuts.

lwien,

wthanna

Actually, your cream idea would probably work fine, but might take more than 20 minutes. Cream is high fat. THC is fat soluble. I would use a double boiler to avoid the risk of burning the cream.

wthanna,

mattybass

Quasi-Intellectual
Fair enough, I've got about 4g of ABV anyways... I am pretty short and skinny so taking that into account I can probably use less than the average person as well.

The weird thing is I can't eat raw almonds, yet I can eat chocolate covered almonds no problem. Since the cracker has to go in the oven (microwave?) then the process of the almond butter being cooked slightly should make it fine to eat! :) Even if I do have a slight reaction, a reaction to almonds for me is never significant.

mattybass,

combusche

if it is ABV, soak it in olive oil overnight and it should be ready to drink by morning. this will not work well for fresh herb though.

combusche,

lwien

mattybass said:
Fair enough, I've got about 4g of ABV anyways... I am pretty short and skinny so taking that into account I can probably use less than the average person as well.

The weird thing is I can't eat raw almonds, yet I can eat chocolate covered almonds no problem. Since the cracker has to go in the oven (microwave?) then the process of the almond butter being cooked slightly should make it fine to eat! :) Even if I do have a slight reaction, a reaction to almonds for me is never significant.
Also, I use cinnamon/honey graham crackers. Between that and the peanut butter I used, I couldn't taste the ABV at all. Almond butter should work as well. 305 to 310 degrees Fahrenheit for 22 minutes. Wrapped in aluminum foil. Came out great

lwien,

mattybass

Quasi-Intellectual
I'm probably going to try this with almond butter this weekend when the folks are gone. Hopefully the results are :ko:

mattybass,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
@mattybass. You can try making marijuana tea. The basic principles are below;

1) Heat 1g marijuana (or different amount ABV) in a saucepan with homogenized milk (higher fat content is good for extraction of THC). You don't want the milk to burn or scald.

2) Brew a cup of tea with honey, cane sugar or whatever sweetener. And maybe have some cinnamon/cardamom/nutmeg/clove/ginger.

3) After heating the milk/MJ (don't remember the temperatures or times), pour it into a metal strainer and let it drip into the tea.

There really are a lot of ways to play with this. I prefer something close in taste to chai tea and I like a lot of milk (I find it makes it easier to drink fairly quickly). Sorry I can't provide a recipe; haven't had this in a bit.

Tom

tdavie,

mattybass

Quasi-Intellectual
Ah, isn't this essentially Bhang? (sp?) I've wanted to make this for some time now... I may do that this weekend :brow:

mattybass,

mattybass

Quasi-Intellectual
I'm going to give almond butter a shot tonight, maybe put in like 1-2g of ABV and fresh bud, see what happens. Maybe more if I'm feeling daring.

mattybass,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
how about cookie mix? slice off one cookie's worth of dough and mix with ABV then flatten out.
tried this once about 20 years ago with a friend and we were both tripping our balls off all night.

jeffp,

mattybass

Quasi-Intellectual
Hmm, wonder if that would work with the Pilsbury instant cookiedough? That's convenience!

Well I'm going to give the almond butter a try... I gave it a small taste test to see if I reacted to it in any way but i seems to have not affected me. Oh, nut allergies... :rolleyes: I've got the oven cranked and about 2g worth of fresh bud mixed into some almond butter. I'm going to cook it as per lwien's direction and eat half, see what happens, then finish it off.

mattybass,

lwien

2g may not be enough, Matty. My tolerance is pretty low and it took me 2.5 to 3gr to get a nice buzz, but a lot of it has to do with how spent your ABV is. No problem in starting light though, waiting about an hour and a half (semi-empty stomach) to see how it goes..........ESPECIALLY with your allergies. That could be a total bummer if you're tripping your balls off while getting an allergic reaction at the same time.

lwien,

mattybass

Quasi-Intellectual
lwien said:
2g may not be enough, Matty. My tolerance is pretty low and it took me 2.5 to 3gr to get a nice buzz, but a lot of it has to do with how spent your ABV is. No problem in starting light though, waiting about an hour and a half (semi-empty stomach) to see how it goes..........ESPECIALLY with your allergies. That could be a total bummer if you're tripping your balls off while getting an allergic reaction at the same time.
I'm not actually using ABV, I decided to just use stuff from my stash so it's got all it's trichey goodness still. Worst case scenario I'll vape and I'll know for next time, I really don't mind.

And yeah, I'd rather not be tripping whilst getting myself to a hospital for an epinephrin shot. It may be more than 2g anyways, I don't have a scale so I just judge how much pot based on 0.2g roughly filling a trench in my LB and going from there. I'll keep you posted.

mattybass,

lwien

Ah, not ABV. In that case, 2gr should be more than enough. But yeah, keep us posted.

lwien,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
lwien said:
Ah, not ABV. In that case, 2gr should be more than enough. But yeah, keep us posted.
I ate 2 peanut butter cookies last Friday night, containing approx 1.5g ABV/fresh Ksuh and tripped so hard I had to go to bed about 90 minutes after eating.

I'm light weight :)

Tom

tdavie,

mattybass

Quasi-Intellectual
It's been about 20 minutes since ingestion and so far I have that feeling that leads me to believe I'm going to be high in a little bit. I'm getting a slight warming sensation. No reaction to the almond butter which is wicked, might start using that for toast in the morning as an alternative to peanut butter! :D

mattybass,

lwien

mattybass said:
It's been about 20 minutes since ingestion and so far I have that feeling that leads me to believe I'm going to be high in a little bit. I'm getting a slight warming sensation. No reaction to the almond butter which is wicked, might start using that for toast in the morning as an alternative to peanut butter! :D
You're startin' to feel it after 20 min. ? Hang on...............that first hill can be a doozy. :o

Glad the almond butter worked out for ya.

lwien,

mattybass

Quasi-Intellectual
Haha yeah it's now been thirty minutes roughly since i ate, maybe 35 minutes... I'm getting a bit of a tingle as time goes on.

I plan to throw on this freshly-washed Todd Rundgren album when I get into the zone. Fuck I don't know how much money I've put into my stereo in the past few weeks, just in cleaning supplies :lol:

EDIT

To be honest, I don't think it's going to work. I've got a very light warmth all over, but I have this sneaking suspicion that it won't go any further... It has only been about 40 minutes but I should think I would see more results by now.

mattybass,

lwien

btw, on that cooking time of 22 min. You want to pre-heat your oven to about 310 before putting the firecrackers in and beginning your countdown. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that before. Hope ya did. And totally wrapping in aluminum foil to keep all the goodies in is important too.

Anyways............enjoy.

Damn..........now ya got me wanting to make another batch. :p

lwien,

mattybass

Quasi-Intellectual
lwien said:
btw, on that cooking time of 22 min. You want to pre-heat your oven to about 310 before putting the firecrackers in and beginning your countdown. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that before. Hope ya did. And totally wrapping in aluminum foil to keep all the goodies in is important too.

Anyways............enjoy.
Haha yeah I know, I did that exactly. Except I put a little too much filling in and it got all over the tinfoil so I licked the tinfoil clean too hehe.

mattybass,

lwien

mattybass said:
To be honest, I don't think it's going to work. I've got a very light warmth all over, but I have this sneaking suspicion that it won't go any further... It has only been about 40 minutes but I should think I would see more results by now.
Did ya eat them on an empty stomach? Did ya eat the whole 2gr? Either way, don't take anymore yet. You should be really hitting your stride after about an hour and a half. After an hour and a half, if you're not where you want to be, eat some more. You're particular metabolism has a lot to do with this. 40 min. isn't enough time. I didn't start to even feel a tingle till I was 60 min. in and from then on, it was like..................zowie.....:o .

lwien,

mattybass

Quasi-Intellectual
An hour and ten minutes in and.... meh. Got a light buzz going on but essentially still sober. Oh well, it was worth an experiment anyways. I'll just stick to vaping, way less hassle and good results :p

Time for a nice longboard around the neighbourhood!

mattybass,

combusche

i've posted this but i'll post it again, try this method: depending on how heavily vaped the herb is, place the amount of ABV you want to consume (at least 2-3g) into about 1-2 tablespoon worth of olive oil and soak overnight. in the morning, just drink the oil on empty stomach before/during/after breakfast and the rest of your day will be nice.

one thing i found with ABV edibles - the effect is alot more sedative, sometimes a little too much. there's too little of the cerebral effect and a little too narcotic. this seems to resonate with my friends who ate my brownies also. does anybody else have the same experiences?

combusche,
Top Bottom