Not related to Cannabis but -- how am I alive with a ~650 calorie average/day

Baron23

This could be anorexia nervosa, or it could be another health condition which is leading to problems with appetite/food related satiety.
THIS ^^.

I don't know that you are anorexic but at 6 feet tall your weight of 125 pounds is the pretty much the definition of malnourished. Couple that with your young age and this is a definite possibility.

See a Doctor and ask specifically about your weight. Perhaps see a nutritionist also.

Best of luck.

Baron23,

TboneToker

THIS ^^.

I don't know that you are anorexic but at 6 feet tall your weight of 125 pounds is the pretty much the definition of malnourished. Couple that with your young age and this is a definite possibility.

See a Doctor and ask specifically about your weight. Perhaps see a nutritionist also.

Best of luck.

I said that I already have a doctor and we did blood tests and he said I'm fine and not to worry but what if he's lying just so that I stay like this until it gets bad then I'll need him forever and he'll get paid from me needing him all the time.

I don't have anorexia or bulimia I don't have any delusions about my body size nor do I ever throw up my food or feel bad about eating.

Anything under 800 calories a day is called a very low calorie diet. There are a host of problems when the obese use this type of plan even if they use it for limited periods as a quick start to weight loss. For someone who has a low percentage body fat as you must, some dangers are worse. Most importantly, you have little room for error. If things go bad, they can go bad quickly. Of most concern might be your heart. Anorexia can kill.

See a doctor and let him know what is going on. He'll probably take some blood to make sure you are not screwing up your electrolytes and to make sure the proteins that indicate cardiac damage are not there. He will also assess the reasons why you don't feel the need to eat and might guide you towards a healther diet and, perhaps, some counseling.

250 KCals a day is not sustainable. Look up the indications of danger from hunger strikes and the like on the internet and see if any of the sign or symptoms apply to you.

I don't think the doctor will be that good to be honest.. They check blood and that's it.. He won't check if there's protein around my heart or anything else..

I think you already know what to do: Go see a (good) doctor as soon as possible. If you are not completely satisfied with how he/she takes care of you - go see a second one.

No one on this Forum will be really able to help you, this is serious and can potentially become Life threatening!!!

There are no other doctors available here

Last edited by a moderator:
TboneToker,

herbivore21

I said that I already have a doctor and we did blood tests and he said I'm fine and not to worry but what if he's lying just so that I stay like this until it gets bad then I'll need him forever and he'll get paid from me needing him all the time.

I don't have anorexia or bulimia I don't have any delusions about my body size nor do I ever throw up my food or feel bad about eating.
Delusions about body size, throwing up or feeling bad about eating are not required for a diagnosis of anorexia nervosa man.

However, it is required that you fear/strongly do not wish to put on weight - alternatively you may be very worried about becoming fat even though you are underweight.

If you do have an aversion to putting on more weight or fear of becoming fat as above, then your BMI and the other criteria would qualify you for an Anorexia Nervosa diagnosis (Restrictive Type, Severity: Mild - as determined by your BMI of 17).

If you do not, you still have medical problems if the title of the thread is accurate. NOBODY should be taking in on average a total of 625 calories per day for any extended period. Nobody is best off maintaining a BMI of 17. If you only consume 250 calories in a day like you mention in the OP with any regularity, you should expect that you are going to have health problems as a result eventually, if you do not already.

How long has it been since you have only been eating so little on average? Is this a long term thing?

If you have done blood tests and not found any problems, then maybe you are not actually getting as low of an intake of food/nutrients overall as you thought?

At any rate, if something concerning about your health emerged in those tests and the doctor said it was fine (I cannot imagine why they would do this, see below), you could surely take the results and get a second opinion from another doctor (even if there are no other doctors locally, could you not just e-mail/call another doctor elsewhere and ask if anything in the results was concerning?)?! I have never known doctors to deliberately lie about test results!!! They know very well that the results can be scrutinized by other doctors and qualified technicians etc! You could even look up what normal ranges are for these various test results and check for yourself if anything is concerning!

What makes you suspicious that the doctor would lie and tell you that there is nothing to worry about if there actually is a problem?

You do realize that many of the potential diagnoses that can account for extreme caloric restriction are chronic illnesses? This means that if there was a problem and the doctor diagnosed it, this would be likely to greatly INCREASE the number of visits you make to him and other doctors, which would translate to more $$$ for them than if they diagnose nothing!

Are you actually experiencing symptoms of malnutrition, or anything that suggests something is wrong with your health other than your reported food intake?

If not, then by telling you that nothing is wrong, the doctor should expect to see you less often, not more! This would mean less $$$ for him, not more.

Last edited:

Krazy

If you can find a way to get into a competent doctor, do so. Buncha ailments need to be ruled out with that height and weight.

Krazy,

little maggie

You posted originally that you don't feel the need to eat. I am confused as to whether you choose not to eat if you're not hungry or if you can't eat. Because people can lose touch with their own sense of hunger. When weight is too high or too low for an individual then it is no longer a good guide.
The medical field seems to focus on the health hazards of obsesity when low weight is also dangerous.
Still, if your doctor has run a battery of tests that examines body functions and everything is normal and remains normal then it seems like you may be ok.

little maggie,

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Anyway, 650 calories a day is much to less! Your body will definetely eat itself over time. May be actually you have no health probs but they will come for sure.
But you've spoke about eating. What's about drinking? No milk? No beer? No juices?

Hogni,

TboneToker

Anyway, 650 calories a day is much to less! Your body will definetely eat itself over time. May be actually you have no health probs but they will come for sure.
But you've spoke about eating. What's about drinking? No milk? No beer? No juices?

I only drink water usually.

TboneToker,

TboneToker

Today I have not had any food yet. I'll update with food then I'll count the calories to see later today.

TboneToker,

biohacker

@TboneToker What do you use cannabis for? What is your medical history? How much cannabis do you use? Do you dab? How long have you used cannabis for?

Just curious....i've noticed some things after a decade of vaping exclusively (2g/day)....my appetite gets less and less, the munchies go away, and it's like I essentially need to vape in order for my stomach to be normal enough to eat. It's quite common in heavy users which is why I was asking.

My protein shakes can break 1000cals....so you should consider adding some more stuff to your shakes...even extra fruits, coconut oil, etc.

I'm not sure why you didn't answer any of my questions TBone? Pretty important questions IMO that even a doctor may not be able to help with since they typically lack the experience with cannabis.

I wanna help you, as do many others...lots of good info, yet you seem quite flat. Almost on the verge of trolling. This is serious fucking shit buddy, and as FC family, nobody wants to see you go down.

C No Ego

Today I have not had any food yet. I'll update with food then I'll count the calories to see later today.

no offence, but instead of approaching it with a measuring stick just feel hungry and Dig In! think ( meditate) on food and saliva created and the abatement of hunger and the subsequent feeling of being Full and content! if you do not already have one Imagine a beautiful Woman making a great meal for you with a special dessert afterwards... Enjoy!

TboneToker

I'm not sure why you didn't answer any of my questions TBone? Pretty important questions IMO that even a doctor may not be able to help with since they typically lack the experience with cannabis.

I wanna help you, as do many others...lots of good info, yet you seem quite flat. Almost on the verge of trolling. This is serious fucking shit buddy, and as FC family, nobody wants to see you go down.

sorry I guess I just don't know where to go and yes there is plenty of good info here I am very grateful but I haven't been able to use it all.

I don't feel like it's a problem because I don't feel bad and no one says anything about it including my family and close best friend. I feel like if I talk about it I am making it hard because I don't want to burden anyone like my family or friend cause they're already so busy with their lives. I don't have money for food so whatever is at the house is what I eat. Probably around one and a half meals a day maybe 900 calories and I have been like this for years.. so maybe I am just overanalyzing it .. I don't know for sure.. I am sorry to waste FC's time it was not my intent.

when I was young about 7, I believe, I was put on pills for ADD and it cut my appetite and I never really regained my appetite. It comes in waves.. sometimes the waves take a few days or weeks to really pop in at regular and then it goes again, and regular might mean, I feel like eating a meal instead of not eating at all.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I'm an underweight male at about 6 feet tall and I weigh around 125lbs.

I usually don't feel the need to eat and so I average less than one meal a day, for example -- yesterday I had umm... right! I had a protein shake with hemp oil (about 250 calories in total) and that's all I had yesterday.

Should I be worried that my body is not telling me to eat or is it fine if I feel fine, I'm worried that perhaps I feel "fine" but really I only think I feel fine cause I don't know better? Anyways, maybe someone else has or had a similar experience/phase.

Thanks FC
I may appear to some to be a prick of misery
however let me tell you a secrete:

6'0 119 pounds last year.
151 pounds this year.

Gluten Free shakes or ENSURE.
2IzAOkY.jpg

@biohacker $5.00 / gram KIEF = @TboneToker SATIVAS gives me the MUNCHIES and a read faster? MOD all day to stay CIVILIZED

Last edited:

Krazy

In the states you could hit a food back for at least some basics; they are pretty much everywhere. Stick with healthy and use it to supplement what you have access to in the house.

Assuming you have access to transportation and your living arrangement is "tricky" Do it on the DL so other household members don't react by letting you have NO food. I asked a Canadian friend about food banks in Canada and was told the following "In Canada food banks are called the woods. Go out, kill something, eat it. Preferable cooked."
https://www.foodbankscanada.ca

EDIT:
Were you hungry back in the day? Do you have Abby Normal psychology? Did you ever turn your hungry off?

It takes me less than 48 hours to turn off my hungry. The catch is that I must turn it back ON at some point.

Also keep in mind that by this point you stomach will have shrunk. Eating a non starvation amount will feel weird and nasty at first.

Last edited:
Krazy,

DOOM

How can anyone function on your calorie intake is beyond me. You must but not be an active person that burns calories.

If the weight is stable and you feel physically fine then it might be a mental issue like anxiety. And obviously if you lose and have sudden decrease in appetite then yea, which you do not, so that's good.

Do you look physically healthy?

Peanut butter + 2 bananas + oats + natural whey protein + flax seed oil + almond milk is a good tasty shake that's around 800+ calories is something you should consider.

Also did doc even take stool test, thyroid panel, liver function, etc....??

natural farmer

What kind of pills you take for ADHD @TboneToker ? Opiates I would guess...
Why don't you throw these shit away if so? You said these were the ones that cut your appetite... So... 1+1=2? Simple logic? Many people use cannabis to treat ADHD, my brother included, although some argue that ADHD is not really a thing, it's just a matter of lifestyle. In a different environment you might not have all those ADHD symptoms...

Or did you use to take pills but now you don't? What happened with ADHD then?
You said your usual breakfast consists of coffee and pills though... Some other pills?

Last edited:
Top Bottom