Discontinued Noochie | The worlds first 3D printed vaporizer!

NoochieVape

www.imminentdawning.com
Manufacturer
I hear you. You have some valid points but I just want to offer Noochie with the tools that I find are indispensable and I know work. I just thought they were nice little extras that are nice to have around no matter the vape.

A lighter is not going to be the highest of quality, like what is offered with other vapes - or it would really add to the overall price - and when they inevitably don't work for whatever reason, I just don't want the hassle of having to deal with small things like that that I don't really have control over and am not making a profit off of anyway. I figure it's easier and better for the customer to be able to buy their own decent torch. That's just the way I feel about them but I will give them more thought as Noochie won't be on sale for a few more weeks at the least!

I'm glad to hear about Noochie taking you back to your childhood! I think ceramics are very under appreciated and hope more people come to love it like me!

NoochieVape

www.imminentdawning.com
Manufacturer

Well here is a short usage video. My flame was low so hits took a little longer than usual and you can't see the vapor very well - I wish the second hit showed on camera more because it was swirling around me and was pretty thick from where I was sitting. Anyway, you guys get the picture!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Well here is a short usage video. My flame was low so hits took a little longer than usual and you can't see the vapor very well - I wish the second hit showed on camera more because it was swirling around me and was pretty thick from where I was sitting. Anyway, you guys get the picture!

Nicely done! "Vapor and dirty porcelain" :cool:some tasty looking cloudage even too

That makes things a lot more clear, seeing that is essentially used sideways. I was imagining it upright so this makes a whole lot more sense. I guess it stays in the chamber bc its narrow enough and you're inhaling? This really is poised to be an incredibly unique vaping experience, looking forward to it!

This also means for water use you could use it either way actually, will be interesting to see if/how they differ... Was thinking a right angled adapter would be need for upright connection, but if it's gonna be sideways perhaps the Noochie mouthpiece could even be a 14-18mm taper? I don't know if that'd look as nice or be as comfortable to use when dry though

NoochieVape

www.imminentdawning.com
Manufacturer
Ha! A coincidence that he says that in the song and that I used this song!

Well actually while I do hit it at a slight angle, this was exaggerated a bit in order for the camera to see the air intake and lighter etc. But yeah it can be hit either way and the herb does stay in the chamber. I was thinking for the water piece adapter that the adapter would go in the mouthpiece so that Noochie is sitting sideways. This would make holding the lighter to the air intake as it's sideways and being up above it inhaling through the piece feel pretty ergonomic and natural.

bounce5

Is there a risk that the ceramic lid could become dislodged and fall and break?

NoochieVape

www.imminentdawning.com
Manufacturer
It would be possible to maybe knock it out if you hit it hard enough. But the o-ring provides a pretty snug fit and it takes a little bit of force to push the top in and pull it off.

Mine hasn't fallen out if shook, upside down or tipped over so far.

That said, the top is really the only part I'd be concerned about breaking, just because it's more hollow. But glazing in general adds a lot of strength. The body is pretty solid and hefty and any fall other than concrete and I'd bet it would survive - most likely so would the top. Unless it hit directly on the top edge and then maybe it'll chip. I'll do some tests with an old print. :goon:

They aren't extremely fragile by any means compared to a glass water piece for example. But then again, a high fall with anything can cause extensive damage and this at least has the advantage of no working parts or pieces that can dislodge or stop working. Essentially with good care it'll survive longer than you.

Anyways, sorry for the rant, I'm just bored at work. :)

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
$105 is a good buy in I think. I'd love to see the performance without grinding, I'm more of a tear it into chunks guy.

I love how simple it sounds to make changes too, to me anyways. It's not a bunch of machined parts from different places that need to come together and any change might not fit or work with xx version etc. Any tweaks just need to be compatible with the lid fitting. I'm guessing you could really customize these in cool ways as long as you don't mess with certain areas of the vape. Excited to see this launch and see what happens after.

theCerberus

You are breathing in a heck of a lot of butane in that video. No thanks. Your vaporizer has a serious design flaw imo. The heater needs to be separated from the air path. Heat the intake from the outsides, not direct.

NoochieVape

www.imminentdawning.com
Manufacturer
$105 is a good buy in I think. I'd love to see the performance without grinding, I'm more of a tear it into chunks guy.

I love how simple it sounds to make changes too, to me anyways. It's not a bunch of machined parts from different places that need to come together and any change might not fit or work with xx version etc. Any tweaks just need to be compatible with the lid fitting. I'm guessing you could really customize these in cool ways as long as you don't mess with certain areas of the vape. Excited to see this launch and see what happens after.

Hey no spoilers for the future! :cool:

I will do some testing with whole chunks for you as well as testing out a course grind again. The fine grind has just been working way too good so I've been sticking with it.

You are breathing in a heck of a lot of butane in that video. No thanks. Your vaporizer has a serious design flaw imo. The heater needs to be separated from the air path. Heat the intake from the outsides, not direct.

I personally buy high quality butane that's been refined multiple times. Butane can't escape the heat of the flame produced so you wouldn't be inhaling any in. Butane breaks down into hydrogen and carbon dioxide. Torch lighters leave no soot meaning everything is being burned up and used by the flame.

But if it sketches you out, this is definitely not the vape for you.

Last edited:

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I will do some testing with whole chunks for you as well as testing out a course grind again. The fine grind has just been working way too good so I've been sticking with it.
If all else fails I'll do a hit to dry it and then use the scoop-n-stir tool to break it up. That tool is perfect at that. Not exactly a fine grind, but it can do a pretty good job once the material is dry.

Shit Snacks

Been working fine in the Triihouse and StickyBrick vapes, no butane being inhaled there, I see no reason it should be an issue here... Some people will never want to try that vape style though, luckily there's plenty others

It could be interesting to try another model some day with a design that heats more like a Lotus/gn0me/Supreme with a fancy specially designed ceramic printed shape, but it will surely be much slower to get good vapor

Seems to require a lot of stirring . . . :\

Be interesting to see how efficient it is.

Yeah DaisyBrick is best stirred every hit in my experience, like most pure convection on demand vapes (some get away without, but still benefit from it depending on your preference and technique, a few really don't need any). It seems the Noochie might be one that can get away with less as well, we'll see soon enough...

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Yeah DaisyBrick is best stirred every hit in my experience
My Triihouse Daisy doesn't need to be stirred after every hit, however, my Lotus does and it is still hard to control. Dynavap gives you everything you want, without the things you don't, with a vape that can use a wide variety of heat sources all outside the air path.

How much medicine does the bowl need to function properly? It looks like there would be a max and min weight with this design. The vape seems to be of good size. Really curious about efficiency.

Shit Snacks

My Triihouse Daisy doesn't need to be stirred after every hit, however, my Lotus does and it is still hard to control. Dynavap gives you everything you want, without the things you don't, with a vape that can use a wide variety of heat sources all outside the air path.

How much medicine does the bowl need to function properly? It looks like there would be a max and min weight with this design. The vape seems to be of good size. Really curious about efficiency.

Yeah so it's technique and preference, I'm fairly certain you will be able to get away without stirring every hit in the Noochie too then. I stirred every hit with Lotus in my inaugural session but felt like I didn't necessarily need to actually. And VapCap is a total hybrid with plenty of conduction so may not be as fair of a comparison really, I tend to prefer my pure convection vapes over it personally (though I still love it regardless, very unique experience)... Like Daisy I would this could work with a variety of amounts as well, but ofcourse extensive testing is the only way to really know for sure :tup:

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
@NoochieVape is there a ballpark on release date? I don't think I've seen anything about that in the thread. Maybe not a date, but a month or season?

Yeah so it's technique and preference, I'm fairly certain you will be able to get away without stirring every hit in the Noochie too then. I stirred every hit with Lotus in my inaugural session but felt like I didn't necessarily need to actually. And VapCap is a total hybrid with plenty of conduction so may not be as fair of a comparison really, I tend to prefer my pure convection vapes over it personally (though I still love it regardless, very unique experience)... Like Daisy I would this could work with a variety of amounts as well, but ofcourse extensive testing is the only way to really know for sure :tup:
I stir after every hit in my daisy/lily/brick jr. I probably could get away with every 2nd hit, especially those first 2 of a fresh bowl.

Shit Snacks

@NoochieVape is there a ballpark on release date? I don't think I've seen anything about that in the thread. Maybe not a date, but a month or season?

I stir after every hit in my daisy/lily/brick jr. I probably could get away with every 2nd hit, especially those first 2 of a fresh bowl.

Yeah, as a flavor chaser I do tend to stir more than is really needed, in Milaana as well.

I think he said a few weeks, gonna be some quick beta testing to get outside impressions first, involving yours truly btw :brow: Printing one at a time does require a bit of patience of course. I believe there are a couple new ones enroute to @NoochieVape now before mine is printed

NoochieVape

www.imminentdawning.com
Manufacturer

I'm hoping at the very latest by the end of the year. But ideally next month sometime!
I do the same thing with Noochie, I take it easy with the flame placement on the first hit so as to get all the flavor. The top of the load is a light yellow and then I do a second hit and then start stirring after every bit, which might be more than needed but I don't mind.

Yeah, as a flavor chaser I do tend to stir more than is really needed, in Milaana as well.

I think he said a few weeks, gonna be some quick beta testing to get outside impressions first, involving yours truly btw :brow: Printing one at a time does require a bit of patience of course. I believe there are a couple new ones enroute to @NoochieVape now before mine is printed

I didn't want to call you out, but yes, Shit Snacks will have a Noochie to do even more testing for me and in ways I probably haven't thought of! I can't wait until he has it and to hear his impressions!

Right now I am just getting them printed one at a time and having patience is definitely needed waiting for the next print. But when they go on sale I will hopefully be putting in a bulk order. 3D printing is amazing and they actually print tons of different prints at a time in the same "print job" so they can be bulk printed and the initial wait actually doesn't increase with the more prints ordered.

Once Noochie goes on sale it will basically be sort of a pre-order while the initial orders get printed. But my aim is to quickly stock up on Noochies so that I can have them ready to ship as soon as someone orders one instead of waiting for it to be printed first.

Last edited:

NoochieVape

www.imminentdawning.com
Manufacturer

I'm not quite sure what you mean by efficiency. It's on demand and cools back down almost instantly after taking your hit. The lid provides a completely airtight seal so no vapor leaks out and all the vapor is inhaled during your hit. So I would say it's efficient unless there's a criteria I'm not aware of (which is quite possible).

Z9JRg3p.jpg

This was only .02 grams of coursely ground and 4 hits no stirring.

ZNkrYCg.jpg

This was after dumping it back in, breaking it up by stirring and then maybe two more hits.

Idk...But it definitely wasn't as enjoyable as filling the whole bowl and just taking the amount of hits you want and being able to come back to it later.

Very cool..since I have every other butane vape on earth..mine as well check it..

Hahaha, that's what I'm talking about. :nod:

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

I'm not quite sure what you mean by efficiency. It's on demand and cools back down almost instantly after taking your hit. The lid provides a completely airtight seal so no vapor leaks out and all the vapor is inhaled during your hit. So I would say it's efficient unless there's a criteria I'm not aware of (which is quite possible).

Z9JRg3p.jpg

This was only .02 grams of coursely ground and about 4 hits no stirring.

ZNkrYCg.jpg

This was after dumping it back in, breaking it up by stirring and then maybe two more hits.

Idk...But it definitely wasn't as enjoyable as filling the whole bowl and just taking the amount of hits you want and being able to come back to it later.

That seems pretty damn efficient to me!

NoochieVape

www.imminentdawning.com
Manufacturer
Guys...

This is the print to judge Noochie by. The glazing came out beautiful!! But honestly the pictures don't even do it justice. The one from the top down does the color the most justice since the light was hitting it more than on the frontwards pics. But I can't stop picking it up and just staring at it.

zUWGMaY.jpg

Xv54HtB.jpg

uG3PcaQ.jpg

AOQawlY.jpg

Top Bottom