Noob with a Launch Box

CAM66007

Hi all,
I noticed that a finer powdery grind works much better in my recently purchased Magic Flight Launch Box.
Any tips on the best ways to get a fine grind like this (specific methods, grinders, etc.) are greatly appreciated.
Thanks

CAM66007,

pkim87

What i do is get it to a decent enough grind first. Then after the first hit, i take the herb out onto my palm and crumble it up with my index and thumb.

The first heat up process usually warms up the herb dry enough to make it crumble up easy. This gets it to a fine grind that is optimal with the box.

pkim87,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I found that metal grinders with the diamond cut theeth grind a lot finer than the old fashioned shark theeth ones myself, can't imagine that wouldn't do.

OhTheAgony,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
You can even get a grind fine enough with a 4 piece grinder. Just keep it upside down while grinding until the herb is fine enough so that the herb doesn't fall through the holes until it's how you want it And, the advice from pkim87 is good. After that first hit, the herb is dried enough to crumble to a fine consistency.

momofthegoons,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
For months I used the 4pc upside down, then the 2pc space case. I always ended up re-crumbling the herb and placing it back in trench. Last few months I use coffee grinder and it allows me to skip the re-crumble/re-trench step. Also provides much nicer results IMHO. The LB appreciates a finer grind for sure.

Lo,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I've been reluctant to use a coffee grinder because I've been worried about wasting herb. It seems as if so much is left on the grinder as powder. Do you find this to be the case?

momofthegoons,

Lo

Hi Mom! I don't wear makeup lol but I bought nice 'blush' brush I use to brush out the coffee grinder after each use which allows me to put some of the kief back into the herb :D

After using for a couple months with some pretty good herbage I found it had a fair bit of goodies collected on the inside of the grinder. I used ISO to clean it out. I then evaporated the ISO and was left with a wonderful pile of reclaimed goodness. Powdered kief reclaimed was absolutely divine!

The difference in the performance of the box increased greatly when I switched to the coffee grinder. I'm even using the coffee grinder stuff in my log vapes & IO with great results, the vapor is multiplied. My space case has been neglected lately.

Lo,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Thanks Lo! :D That's what I needed to know. I just happen to have an extra grinder in the cupboard and think I'm going to give this a try today.

momofthegoons,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
momofthegoons said:
I've been reluctant to use a coffee grinder because I've been worried about wasting herb. It seems as if so much is left on the grinder as powder. Do you find this to be the case?

That's also why I haven't used this method. I know how to use the ISO to reclaim, but I still feel like I would loose a lot. You can't really soak the main part of the grinder in ISO, and the top being plastic is not great either. :(

Vicki,

Lo

I didn't actually soak the coffee grinder. The lid I poured a little ISO in, brushed and dumped out quickly, then rinsed well with water. The metal bit I did the same thing using the same ISO. Can't really soak the coffee grinder but I was very pleased with the resulting reclaimed stuff. Loving the difference the finer grind makes too so I consider it worth the effort for me personally.

Lo,

SmokingElectricity

if im gonna grind up herbs for my LB, i'll just leave them out overnight, then i grind them up when i wake up in the morning. then i try to pick out as much of the little bit of stem that was part of the buds. boom.

SmokingElectricity,
Top Bottom