Noob vape oil questions

DarthVapor825

Luke, I'm toasted!
Hey all,

I'm new to the whole cannabis world after being lied to my whole life. Lol. I started with bumblebee pre filled carts from a buddy in ca but he has moved and I live in a nonlegal state. I have been using flower but would love to make my own vape liquid. I vape nic and make all my own juice so I have most of the equipment including a hotplate/magnetic mixer. I have some keif and was wondering if I can make it with that. Also, is it necessary to decarb or will the coil be enough to take care of that? Tia for helping me not be so ignorant.

Dv

Last edited:
DarthVapor825,

Deleted Member 1643

Hypothetically, either: 1) make oil then re-dissolve, or 2) make PG (or VG) tincture directly.

Haven't tried PG tincture, but expect PG to dissolve more actives than VG. VG tincture likely too weak to vape, unless tolerance is very low. Also, VG is very difficult to filter. After filtering, may be able to vape strong PG tincture. If uninterested in preserving terpenes, can use hotplate effectively. Recommend following Skunk Pharm method.

Skunk Pharm also has good QWET and QWISO methods, relatively safe for making oil. Will need to re-dissolve oil in PEG 400 + PG or commercially available mix. Plenty of info in other threads.

Haven't made carts. Recommend RDA, short wick at first. No need to decarb if vaping. If using tincture and unsatisfied with vaping results, can decarb and take orally. VG, PG and even PEG 400 have low toxicity, but do your own research.

Good luck and report back!

DarthVapor825

Luke, I'm toasted!
Skunk has some crazy good research but he's talking about using straight bud. I'm trying to use kief. I started a batch with 40 ml 5050 pgvg and 5.5g kief. I'm heating it and mixing for a couple hours. Should I steep it before filtering? Is 180 degrees Fahrenheit optimal?

Thanks all

DarthVapor825,

Deleted Member 1643

Using kief should produce cleaner, more potent tincture. Good chance this will work if you can filter it. You'll lose flavor at 180F, but not activity. Filter a few mls, test, if too weak, pour it back in and keep going. Did 40ml just cover starting material?

Deleted Member 1643,

DarthVapor825

Luke, I'm toasted!
Using kief should produce cleaner, more potent tincture. Good chance this will work if you can filter it. You'll lose flavor at 180F, but not activity. Filter a few mls, test, if too weak, pour it back in and keep going. Did 40ml just cover starting material?

Yes. I heated it while stirring for an hour at 140 degrees. My wife is not a fan and we had to leave so I bottled it. I have been shaking it every day and still have to filter it.

DarthVapor825,

DarthVapor825

Luke, I'm toasted!
Ok so I finally got some finished product to sample. I tried using a cheap throw away cartridge and it produced little vapor and burned really quick. I switched to an evod tank and it has much better vapor and flavor but very little buzz. I filtered the mix using a coffee filter and the finish product is a cloudy golden color but I'm a bit let down with the potency. Any ideas?

DarthVapor825,

Deleted Member 1643

Since you extracted in 50/50, cloudiness may be due to particulates rather than insolubility . 0.45 um syringe filters or Buchner funnel/filter paper might clean it up.

Also, consider sub-ohming to get more vapor. With 50/50, a few solid lung hits might get you where you want to be.

Deleted Member 1643,

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I like 1gr concentrate to 2ml cjuice blend. You can also do a 1:1 ratio for stronger effects.

psychonaut,

Javydawg

@Accept - I tried to use 0.45 um syringe filters but it for clogged fairly quick and was very difficult. Do you have other tips to filtering my thc juice ??

Javydawg,
Top Bottom