Noob Vape Advice

slim_j

Hi all,

Moved off tobacco about 6 months ago and used Greengo instead until the government decided to tax that too :mad:

I have used other herbal tobaccos since but now I am wanting to get off smoking joints completely and want some advice on what to get. I read loads on here about different makes of vaporizer but some have new models out etc. and i thought if i list what i need i might get some useful ideas.

I smoke most days at home but i do go to friends / parents where i smoke too, so i will need something portable i guess. I looked at the Solo 2 for a while as it looks pretty cool though a bit pricey. I like the idea of hooking up a lung which i have seen done with the Solo 2 and passing it round - but i guess this can be done with any though?

Anyway, can anyone recommend what might be best for a newbie i would really appreciate it. The Solo is 1/2 the price of the Solo 2 for a kick off, is the new one worth the difference? The Air is also cheaper.

Many thanks :science:

Last edited:
slim_j,

stonedbob

100% THC
if long battery life is needed for you, the Air will be great because it has replaceable 18650 battery. you can buy good multi-charger and charge them all at once and go to trip for a week just replacing batteries... it also a great vaporizer for beginners.
if you want more powerful device you can go with Mighty, for lower budget the CFX will fit.
if stealth is important to you, maybe take a look at the PAX 3.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Healthy Rips Fury 2 is a great inexpensive vape that is very easy to use and maintain. The battery life is the only true downfall. But it will last a few sessions per charge, so definitely worth considering.

Jill NYC,
Reactions: slim_j

slim_j

Thanks both. Yeah the air does look good for the battery aspect, would you recommend it over the Solo 2 then?
That Fury does look sweet as well. It's tiny.

slim_j,

slim_j

Went for the Air. Got a deal at Namastevaporizers for the Air, 14mm water tool and adapter for £99. I think it was an error as it was taken down straight after but they honored it :cool:

Quick questions if someone with an Air can advise.

1) What colour (heat) should I generally use - Blue, White, Green, Yellow or Red?

2) The plastic cover it comes with, can this be left on all the time i.e. even when in use? It covers the whole unit and what looks like the air intakes at the top so I wasn't sure?

Cheers for the help. FC :rockon:

slim_j,
Reactions: KC2K

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Went for the Air. Got a deal at Namastevaporizers for the Air, 14mm water tool and adapter for £99. I think it was an error as it was taken down straight after but they honored it :cool:

Quick questions if someone with an Air can advise.

1) What colour (heat) should I generally use - Blue, White, Green, Yellow or Red?

2) The plastic cover it comes with, can this be left on all the time i.e. even when in use? It covers the whole unit and what looks like the air intakes at the top so I wasn't sure?

Cheers for the help. FC :rockon:
Congrats on the great deal!
To answer your questions:
1) It’s definitely a matter of preference. I tend to like the mid to higher temps, so usually start at green or yellow and go up from there. The higher the temp, the bigger the clouds as well. But you need to try out yourself and see what works for you.
2) The silicone cover was designed to use all the time. I personally never use mine, but it fits nicely over the unit and allows full functionality.

Enjoy!

slim_j

Congrats on the great deal!
To answer your questions:
1) It’s definitely a matter of preference. I tend to like the mid to higher temps, so usually start at green or yellow and go up from there. The higher the temp, the bigger the clouds as well. But you need to try out yourself and see what works for you.
2) The silicone cover was designed to use all the time. I personally never use mine, but it fits nicely over the unit and allows full functionality.

Enjoy!

Many thanks :)

slim_j,
Top Bottom