• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Noob Taking on a Vape Build - Help?

Hey guys i am new to the forum! My name is Voice, and so far i have a VaporGenie to my name.

As funds are low to go purchase the "Ferrari" of fancy vapes out there i was wondering if anyone could fill me in on the basic parts and electric components to create a decent vape. Ive seen the solder iron and heat gun renditions out there and would like to build a vape of better quality. If anyone could throw me some basic schematics or explanations of what the average market vape consists of it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys - V

Voiceguitar,

Mark

John Brown
My advice, do not make any kind of vape that uses a soldering iron, you can buy those cheap china vapes for a dime a dozen at a store, and they do more damage to your body then they are worth, even when homemade.

Mark,

Frickr

well any kind of Safe heating element can be used. you will need to figure out what sort of heater you will use, how the air will move around the element as to be heated. and how it will flow into a bowl.

as far as wiring. most are extremely simple. (110volt) cord comes in, hot side goes to a temp control device such as an adjustable resistor, to the element, then returning back to the cord on the neuteral side.

12 volt, will require the use of a transformer to transform the 110 to 12 volts. then the process is much the same.

Frickr,
Mark said:
My advice, do not make any kind of vape that uses a soldering iron, you can buy those cheap china vapes for a dime a dozen at a store, and they do more damage to your body then they are worth, even when homemade.
Point taken... As a slightly obsessive type of guy, i am willing to get into the nitty gritty of construction to see that my health is first priority.

Frickr said:
as far as wiring. most are extremely simple. (110volt) cord comes in, hot side goes to a temp control device such as an adjustable resistor, to the element, then returning back to the cord on the neuteral side.

12 volt, will require the use of a transformer to transform the 110 to 12 volts. then the process is much the same.
So the 12 Volt is a more desirable set up? Or are they pretty much the same? Any benefits with either one?

Also are all resistors body friendly / meet RoHS ?

Voiceguitar,
Ash said:
What type of vape do you want to make and what is your budget?
The sky is the limit - i will invest the necessary money if the project is looking good.

I want to make a the vape operate as clean as possible. Otherwise i was thinking about a whip sort or design? Is there a better alternative that i should consider though?

Voiceguitar,

stevecam

I have found that most vapes less then $100 will contain a heating element and a potentiometer

the only thing that you need to worry about being RoHS is the heating element but i like to make sure everything that i use when im messing with electronics is RoHS as it is better for the environment

and don't worry about the lead, one of the things the RoHS restricts is the use of lead

stevecam,
Top Bottom